Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2009, 20:40   #1

Need help in installing the Pioneer head unit(5950) in the dashboard(ac contols)

Hi Team,
Thank you welcoming in the TBHP family. Though new to the car business, i am getting more passionate about maintaining my car. I have Maruti 800. I need help and advise on installing the Pioneer head unit(5950) in the dashboard which is used for the AC controls. The vehicle is STD model, noplans of having a AC fitted. So want help to get thehead unit installed. Will that work out,. Some people were of the opinion that head unit will protrude out and will not look good. Need advise ??

I have a pioneer TS 20 tweeters for the front ( earlier had jbl 4" round speakers)...Rear speakers are again jbl GT0937 (ovals) and have jbl 2 chaneel amp powering them (JBL GT402A amplifier i belive ??)

Note - I hope i have posted it in the right thread this time
Old 25th February 2009, 00:17   #2
BHPian

You are on the right track this time. Well if you please come up with some pics of where you exactly want HU to be placed.
Old 25th February 2009, 23:04   #3
BANNED

There is (ought to be) space below the A/C controls to "slide" in the HU and lock it down.

AFAICT, some versions of the M800 do NOT have this provision in the dash, in which case, the installer would fabricate / install a pre-fabricated mounts.

Have not done this myself, but saying on basis of an overheard conversation with my installer and a prospective customer while ICE was being done on my car.
Old 27th February 2009, 00:38   #4

Thanks for the lead. Will surely check at a couple of places to have a more clear view on that and if its a suitable option, then why not!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks