Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2009, 22:09   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandkruizer View Post
At 1500, thats more than a bargain cuz I got mine for 7K.
Your carbon fiber finish fascia adapter looks cool.
Yeah even my regular modshop guy was asking the same amount but then Abhinav the person with the post right under yours helped me in finding out this cheaper option.

Hows the output of your Kenwood one.............My Pioneer is connected to stock six speakers and now i must say that sound quality has improved as if I gave installed kickers or some other good brand.

Does anybody have an idea which co. manufactures the speakers in Endeavour. The OE HU is made by Panasonic.
Old 23rd April 2009, 22:59   #47
Senior - BHPian

I guess they are from FOMOCO.

Ford Motor Corporation.
Old 27th April 2009, 15:55   #48

A better solution.....
You can get the facia painted in dull silver, the one on the knobs and steering... It would look really nice.
The facia of my honda city (type II) is also painted in silver. It never posed a problem and it looks really good.
Atleast it will match the theme of the car interior...
Old 27th April 2009, 17:16   #49
BHPian

Nice setup , can u tell me the price for MOREL component sets ?
Old 20th May 2009, 17:57   #50
BHPian

Hi - This is a cool HU. I had looked at your post a few days back and had called Performance Zone. They simply said they do not carry these items, only spare parts. May be, I reached the wrong store with that name. If you have a phone number, please do PM me with that.

Is there any way to disable the video output to the front display. I have a driver and do not want him to enjoy the movie while driving. Would rather that the video output comes only to the monitors on the headrest.

Cheers,

Sandy
Old 23rd May 2009, 15:35   #51
BHPian

Screen "Veil"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
Yeah even my regular modshop guy was asking the same amount but then Abhinav the person with the post right under yours helped me in finding out this cheaper option.

Hows the output of your Kenwood one.............My Pioneer is connected to stock six speakers and now i must say that sound quality has improved as if I gave installed kickers or some other good brand.

Does anybody have an idea which co. manufactures the speakers in Endeavour. The OE HU is made by Panasonic.
My installer recommended Kenwood HU since it has 5V preouts and has more tuning options than Pioneer 2DIN touchscreen HUs.(Thats what he told me, I'm no ICE expert). I feel the output is good enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit_chd View Post
Nice setup , can u tell me the price for MOREL component sets ?
Thanks pal.The Morel comps cost me 9K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy16000 View Post
Hi - This is a cool HU. I had looked at your post a few days back and had called Performance Zone. They simply said they do not carry these items, only spare parts. May be, I reached the wrong store with that name. If you have a phone number, please do PM me with that.

Is there any way to disable the video output to the front display. I have a driver and do not want him to enjoy the movie while driving. Would rather that the video output comes only to the monitors on the headrest.

Cheers,

Sandy
You could try what I've done with anti slip mat to protect the screen from heat when I cant find shaded parking.
Mods: Please dont move this post to the Weird n wacky thread!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour ICEd-clipboard.jpg  

Old 23rd May 2009, 19:41   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandkruizer View Post
My installer recommended Kenwood HU since it has 5V preouts and has more tuning options than Pioneer 2DIN touchscreen HUs.(Thats what he told me, I'm no ICE expert). I feel the output is good enough.
Pal I ain't using the Kenwood HU . I too have the Pioneer one. But I have noticed that Pioneer HU whichever model it may be are better in output than the Kenwoods and Sonys around. I have a dual din Kenwood in my fiesta and it has ruined the output as I am using a JBL bass tube , Sony - AMPs - one 4 channel and one mono. but i get an output that is far below being good with that equipment.

I have tried it , so you can take my word for it. and yes I too have that Anti slip mat which you are using.

Cheers
Old 23rd May 2009, 22:37   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Hey I guys i bought this adapter for Rs.1500 from Performance Zone , Patel nagar , New Delhi. it was not clean as in there were a lot of scratches which the dealer said due to transit it has happened inspite of not believing him i had to buy it because there is a shortage of this adapter in the market and people are charging obnoxious prices like 5K or even 7K . But i found a solution and got carbon fibre finish on it. and it now looks better the original one

Hey Grandkruizer , How much did you buy it for ?

hey just saw this thread i wasnt aware that you were on tbhp !

yup it was me whom you deal with

i apologize for the scratches ,but it was real that the shipment which cam with this had scratches ,dont know why but it cam like that only

i would have got it painted for you free of cost if you had asked me for the same

Hope we have a good relaation
Old 23rd May 2009, 23:54   #54
BHPian

Hmm..

Quote:
Pal I ain't using the Kenwood HU . I too have the Pioneer one. But I have noticed that Pioneer HU whichever model it may be are better in output than the Kenwoods and Sonys around. I have a dual din Kenwood in my fiesta and it has ruined the output as I am using a JBL bass tube , Sony - AMPs - one 4 channel and one mono. but i get an output that is far below being good with that equipment.

I have tried it , so you can take my word for it. and yes I too have that Anti slip mat which you are using.

Cheers
Buddy, like I said before I'm no ICE expert neither have I compared Pioneer and Kenwood or any other HUs, so I wont disagree with you. Maybe you are right, Pioneer HUs are better.
I just went for Kenwood as per my installer's advise and I'm satisfied.

Most Viewed