Team-BHP - hey guys help for music system????
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   hey guys help for music system???? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/5397-hey-guys-help-music-system.html)

Hey guys i have a std kenwood system fitted into my car a zen vxi 2003 model i am now planning on upgrading to a new music system with a cd and mp3 player my budget is upto 15000rs! i would like to also know which speaker systems are good,blaupunkt or jbl or any other brand i have also seen a pioneer deh-p3700mp system and also a deh-p7700mp system pls help?

Go for a Pinoeer head Unit.
And speakers, Pioneer or JBL.
For 15K, u can get a good combo.

JVC are good one's.. Check them out.. Sound is good and some have very distinct features. Pioneer is very common and not all that great. JVC is good..Some units have touch screen also.. Check them out.
Z

HEY guys thanks a lot for ure help but i would still like some more info on the different systems including jvc pls throw some light on them !

hey hot rod
the best option for you would be to get a jvc head unit because it isnt very expensive. and sony 2 way speakers in the front and jbl speakers at the back in sealed 6 by 9 " boxes.

but what is really important iswhat kind of music do you really listen to that would help in chosing speakers for you needs and what kind of a head unit are you looking for something simple or with a colour display or what ??

and do you want to also add an amp and a sub or just a basic setup.throw some more light on the topic for more suggestions.

Rev

hey rev i listen to mainly rap and hip hop and occasionally the linkin park so i want a basic setup which is good and easy to use i already have blaupunkt speakers (all 4) so just a nice head unit with an mp3 player how much wud a basic unit cost and where can i get it done in mumbai for my zen also plese mention the model no. as well of the jvc!!

Guys any one bought a JVC KD-AVX1?

This is an inbuilt 3 inch lcd dvd player. Please let me know the performance of it and how much would it cost?

hey hot rod ,
in the first post you have said your budget is 15000.in that much you can get an entire setup including speakers but since you already have speakers you can go in for the pioneer 9650 which i believe has a colour display or you can go in for the jvc KD-AVX1 as mentioned by west.

rev

Dont think you can get it under 20 k for the JVC unit I told

hey hot rod
it depends on what you really want to do with the 15 grand you have set aside.you have a few option now its upto you.

1) buy a basic head unit which plays mp3 and save some money and have a couple of beers

2) buy a basic head unit and with the rest of the money try and get an amp with a sub for that bass which would gel with your music prefrence.

3) buy a basic head unit which plays vcd also and try and get a small 6" screen.

now depending on what you wnat to use the cash for , you decidde..

Rev

i would suggest you go for the JVC 2 din unit that retails for 8.5K - maximum bang for the buck. Or i remember seeing a sony HU mp3+VCD for 13k some time ago. Its the model that has only two buttons on its face plate.

Always get something that you can upgrade later. No point going for a cassette player and a amp+sub. Sit with yuor audio installer and get the prices of all the HUs he stocks and then work out yuor options.

Hot Rod

With relation to the JVC HU that everyone, including Harrie is referring to, check this

http://img207.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img2...24xc8389kd.jpg

Its called the JVC XC838. Have fitted it in my Wagon-R and can vouch for its quality and features. Its available for roughly 8-8.2 k in Mumbai, so haggle! Go to Choksi Motors if you need to at Milan Subway. They do a good clean job.

Since you still have some balance, why not look at a decent sub and amp as well? PM me if you need any info. IMO, go for a HU that offers best bang for buck, still giving you enough money to upgrade the setup.

Revv

Hey guys thanks a lot but would still like some more info on a good jvc head unit i am planning of getting it from abroad and fixing it in mumbai still not decided any way thanks again!!
p.s is the new zen a 12v car???

most cars batteries have a nominal voltage of 12V and the zen is certainly one fo them. nominal becuase a new battery can deliver as much as 14V and often car stereo manufacturers use this 14V voltage to rate their system's outputs.

if you are looking at importing a system i would suggest visiting www.crutchfield.com. other discount store like onlinecarstereo.com dont offer advise like crutchfield does.

hey revvmaster u sure 8-8.2k thats cheap for a 2 din system.how is the display a moving or still display...appreciate a reply.does anybody know where i can get the same unit in delhi.