Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2007, 14:13   #16
BHPian

I think Sam meant treble not Tremble.. ?

Old 29th March 2007, 15:11   #17
BHPian

hi,

sam, how the hell do you come up with these words?

and about indian music having jhankaar, i remember there was a time when we used to get cassettes with added jhankaar beets. they were like ...khalnayak with jhankaar beats. lol they used to sell like crazy.

earlier when i had pio everythig i used to listen to music with everything on, loudness-high, treble and bass 75% of full. now i dont use them at all. no loud no bass and treble boost. it sounds great this way IMO

but you have to see how people listen to music in my city. exactly like sam said. and most of them do have the equalizers. the pio 6500 i guess. all you can hear is bass and treble. kilarity hai bhai. dhik chik dhik chik.

bolo tararara

clip

and woodenknight, you can just say truck driver songs. :-))

Last edited by clipto333 : 29th March 2007 at 15:18.
Old 30th March 2007, 16:19   #18
BHPian

now-a-days, with subwoofers becoming common, its more whoop-chik than dhick-chick the very common V - curve on the EQ..

I'm on a mission to tune my system so that the hi's don't sound shrill at any volume level.. and along with that I get decent bass at lower volumes.. and soothing mids nonetheless..

So far this is the best I've come up with on my Pioneer P1Y:

Loud - Off
High - minus 2
Mid - Flat
Low - plus 1
SLA - 0

Moreover I realised that the components were sounding shrill only when I set the fader to the front..
Don't remember the parametric eq settings, will check them and post..
Old 30th March 2007, 16:49   #19
Senior - BHPian

hmmm....good to see a HU unit set which is close to flat other wise what I see is bass +6 mids -6 and high +6 with loud at high.....
Old 30th March 2007, 17:02   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
Loud - Off
High - minus 2
Mid - Flat
Low - plus 1
SLA - 0
Wow !
Old 30th March 2007, 23:45   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Wow !
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishism View Post
Navin sir,
Would you help an ignoramus out and expand on your wow!?
Was the setting done by shrivz excellent in the wow sense or an impossible feat?
And what would be perfect balance as per your opinion for a great listen?
Music being Himmesh, who only I consider has a very high threshold for pain, in his voice, guys....not our tolerance!
And Dave Mathews who you have to listen to carefully as part of his words are breathed in or out, not sung.
I do both.
ism; Sometimes we must go beyond the words and seek the wisdom.
the reason Navin Ji said wow because the setting in the HU are made very close to FLAT or we can say that very little EQ is made so that the sound does not get altered from the original....which is the way every audiophile likes it......Am I correct Navin Ji....
Old 31st March 2007, 01:44   #22
BHPian

Hi guys,
As stated on pg.366 of this thread, im gonna mostly get my friends 6850 HU tomm or monday. So the next weekend (good friday!) im gonna go get myself a pair of GTO 937s and CS2165s for the front..are these the best speakers on a tight budget? Anything else i can consider? And most important - Where can i go in mumbai (juhu/andheri/vile parle/santacruz/lokhandwala) to purchase + setup the same?
Thanks for all the advice!
Old 31st March 2007, 10:49   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
Hi guys,
As stated on pg.366 of this thread, im gonna mostly get my friends 6850 HU tomm or monday. So the next weekend (good friday!) im gonna go get myself a pair of GTO 937s and CS2165s for the front..are these the best speakers on a tight budget? Anything else i can consider? And most important - Where can i go in mumbai (juhu/andheri/vile parle/santacruz/lokhandwala) to purchase + setup the same?
Thanks for all the advice!
I think you have posted on the wrong thread mate.....but the stuff you are going to buy looks fine to me.....
Old 31st March 2007, 11:55   #24
Team-BHP Support

You guys are bang on track navin and sam BUT how are we gonna get over this? No idea, will give a very realistic update in a week or two after my real life experience of finding "my sound in my budget"
Old 1st April 2007, 13:11   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishism View Post
Navin sir,
Would you help an ignoramus out and expand on your wow!?.
Becuase all I usually see are Bass +10, Treble +10, Loudness ON, etc...I was impressed when someone used HIS EARS when tuning the system.
Old 1st April 2007, 13:14   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
im gonna go get myself a pair of GTO 937s and CS2165s for the front..are these the best speakers on a tight budget?
The JBLs are good speakers. BEST however is a subjective term.
Old 1st April 2007, 13:33   #27
BHPian

@navin: I have indulged in listening to some fine audio systems and now realised what you meant when you said JBLs are too forward for your liking.
Also had first hand experience on the statement: "speakers are very subjective to the genre of music playing"
I have gotten over the Brand game.. and use my ears now..

I've realised that to me, JBLs are not too good with Oldies, Classic Rock and tracks with enhanced vocals, the letter S comes out too shrill from the tweeters.. I tried with different tracks and original audio CDs, but the only time I got the letter S to come out clean is when Treble was set to minus 5..

However JBLs are fabulous with hip-hop, alternative rock, metal, house etc.

Its a different experience alltogether when you listen to pure audio on good speakers!

A very big thank you to all those whose posts have persuaded me to enhance my interest in audio and have made me a better listener..
Old 1st April 2007, 13:40   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@I've realised that to me, JBLs are not too good with Oldies, Classic Rock and tracks with enhanced vocals..
JBL (or rather I should say Harman Intl) has sister barnds that cater to this audience along with many other brands. I would suggest you listne to Focal, Morel (Israel), Dynaudio, Tympany, SEAS, etc...
Old 1st April 2007, 16:07   #29
BHPian

@navin: I've just entered the world of Audio, I'm 19yrs old, have a LOT to learn.. I will definitaly hear different brands as and when I get an opportunity.

Here are my revised settings:

Low - plus 2
Parametric: 40Hz 2W (W = wide band, N = narrow band)

Mid - 0
Parametric: 500Hz 2W

Hi - minus 4
Parametric: 8Khz 1N
(this is because the 8khz frequency range is too shrill at higher volumes)

Loud = Low
Had to turn on loud since i was losing out on mid-bass
moreover I think there's a jumper setting in the crossover of the components which my installer's set to -3db for bass (not sure about this)

overall I'm pretty satisfied with these settings, i keep fine tuning the settings (mostly highs) according to the genre..

P.S. I'm only running my front components as of now, the ovals have gone for repair.

Last edited by shrivz : 1st April 2007 at 16:11.
Old 1st April 2007, 17:21   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Had to turn on loud since i was losing out on mid-bass
moreover I think there's a jumper setting in the crossover of the components which my installer's set to -3db for bass (not sure about this)
If you have JBL components, there is a jumper inside for the highs only, that has 2 choices 0 and +3db. I suspect your highs are set at +3db, put them to zero immediately.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks