Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2009, 15:41   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
I have parking sensors in my head unit any idea if I would have to be an aftermarket parking sensor or will the OE sensors will work?
Just curious, what does head unit have to do with parking sensors?
Old 14th March 2009, 16:59   #62
Senior - BHPian

the OE head unit displays the parking distance and is amalgamated with the OE parking sensors.
Old 14th March 2009, 18:46   #63
BHPian

My vote goes for Pioneer P80 although have heard both Pioneer & Alpine. But Pioneer P80 is far much better than Alpine. Apline's 9887 user interface is very much slow and the tweeters play very bright on 9887. I personally like the Auto Eq feature of Pioneer P80 and the T.A.

Last edited by sam_786 : 14th March 2009 at 18:49.
Old 16th March 2009, 16:03   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
@Frank, devarshi...
There're quiet a few differences in the 785 and 786 models. Check the specs carefully before you sink in!
Zak, even I could not figure out whats so different between these 2 models. Care to elaborate please?

Moreover, the 786/886 has not appeared on the Clarion US website or online shops. Why so?
Old 16th March 2009, 17:08   #65
BHPian

the alpines are far better in build quality than the pioneer. but in terms of sound the pioneer has a more balanced sound than the alpines. in my opinion the alpines have their high frequencies bloated so they appear to be better sounding, they have a typical thin sound which appears to be clearer. i find the user interface is damn complicated if u are driving at say 100-110 and u want to adjust anything on the HU ,just simply forget about it , they dont have a simple esc button u have to keep the damn thing pressed for whole 2 seconds to get out of the mess. whoever designed the UI of the alpines must be a crackhead.
Old 16th March 2009, 17:59   #66
Senior - BHPian

Guys i wanna know what are the best options for getting it fitted here in Mumbai. one for sure is Boom. Any other options? Definately don't wanna shell out much on the installation part.

How much will a dash kit cost?
Will it require any new wiring harness ?
Old 16th March 2009, 18:09   #67
Senior - BHPian

Which part of Mumbai would you prefer? If willing to travel will Parel/Elphinstone, contact B&T. Else, Boom (Bandra) is equally good.
Old 16th March 2009, 18:19   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Which part of Mumbai would you prefer? If willing to travel will Parel/Elphinstone, contact B&T. Else, Boom (Bandra) is equally good.
Are you talking about the Boom at Carter road, bandra? That stretch of road is hell, where do they carry out their job?
Old 16th March 2009, 19:49   #69
BANNED

Mistake!

Quote:
Definately don't wanna shell out much on the installation part.
It's a big mistake to get good equipment and installing it in a bad way.

If you want the BEST as requested, then get ready to shell out some good money too.
Old 16th March 2009, 20:04   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If you want the BEST as requested, then get ready to shell out some good money too.
. Ordinary and matching equipment in a well installed and tuned system will blow away much more expensive stuff which are not tuned/installed properly any day
Old 16th March 2009, 20:29   #71
Senior - BHPian

Just to clear out what I meant was don't wanna spend big sum on just the installation of the Head unit. Wouldn't mind doing it myself too if I can source the dashkit and wiring harness. It's just that am way too fussy and particular about things when getting it done outside. Have come a crossed with some installers who would get offended with even slightest of interference. I feel it's always better do to the installation in the right manner which would be comfertable to the owner of the vehicle who has to live with it every day. Ofcourse, if the install is clean, tidy with right of set wiring, I don't see a reason to complain.
So far, I have been tuning my system all by myself whether be it home or car. I completely agree. An avg equipment too may sound great if tuned and installed perfectly with the rite set of Wiring, damping, enclosure and others.

It's like what's the point of having the fast car if it has a failed clutch.

Last edited by Invinsible : 16th March 2009 at 20:36.
Old 17th March 2009, 11:03   #72
BHPian

Invinsible did you get the HU? If yes please post some pics. Gurus is this HU(785/786) available in Dubai.
Old 17th March 2009, 11:08   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
B&T has moved. Somewhere to South Mumbai (Fort-KalaGhoda or some place near there).
Old 17th March 2009, 11:20   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you talking about the Boom at Carter road, bandra? That stretch of road is hell, where do they carry out their job?
Yes the same one. They installed stuff in my car right outside the shop. Otherwise, there is parking space in the nearby lane (opposite Kareems)

Quote:

100% agreed. I have been a victim of a bad install and it takes away the fun of the good sound that you are otherwise entitled to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
B&T has moved. Somewhere to South Mumbai (Fort-KalaGhoda or some place near there).
Wow, thats great news! Ajay, please confirm - I need to visit you one of these days! Fort-KalaGhoda is quite near to my office!
Old 18th March 2009, 10:49   #75
Senior - BHPian

Getting my DXZ785USB tonight. Will post the pics once I get it in my hand.
Can't wait to lay my hands on it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks