Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2009, 14:21   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
IMHO there will always be a tuner in ever HU built because in case of an emergency it is the easiest way of one way communication so that the message can be conveyed to the mass with it.
You do have to have the radio switched ON you know..Wil not be of any use in an emergency if its switched off or the CD is playing... .
Old 19th March 2009, 14:27   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
You do have to have the radio switched ON you know..Wil not be of any use in an emergency if its switched off or the CD is playing... .
In case of a hurricane, earthquake in a city I think people will stop listing to CD`s and might switch to radio for the update given by any concern agency...I am talking of emergency.
Old 19th March 2009, 21:53   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
In case of a hurricane, earthquake in a city I think people will stop listing to CD`s and might switch to radio for the update given by any concern agency...I am talking of emergency.
sorry to ask this - in case of an emergency why would somebody be in the bloody car at all???? Don't they need to run for cover????
Old 20th March 2009, 00:31   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
sorry to ask this - in case of an emergency why would somebody be in the bloody car at all???? Don't they need to run for cover????
What if there are traveling to that area, these type of things comes very use full in the case of emergency...
Old 20th March 2009, 09:45   #95
Senior - BHPian

LBM you sound very much like a victim.. care to elaborate?
Old 20th March 2009, 12:06   #96
Senior - BHPian

How can LBM be the victim, panky-bhai? He is usually the perpetrator. He just has to raise the hatch while playing at full volume - nature reacts immediately .

Not sure whether LBM has been to Japan, but there one switches to Radio whenever there is a weather disturbance expected. All TV channels switch to central emergency broadcast whenever there is an earthquake or hurricane.

Shall we switch back to the topic (thread title)?
Old 20th March 2009, 12:10   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Shall we switch back to the topic (thread title)?
To keep the discussion alive, shall we ask Invinsible to upload pics of the HU?
Old 20th March 2009, 12:32   #98
BHPian

Pics Please, followed by a review - Invisible... (I hope you managed to get the harness)
Old 20th March 2009, 14:17   #99
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys here are the initial pics. Love the finish of face panel. The buttons have a good solid feel to it. On pressing them the tactile feel is good. Somehow I like the feel of it better than the alpines. All Alpines look almost similar in terms of design. Can't wait to get it installed. The 2 things that I din't like is it is Made in China and the other is say it has a Signal to noise ratio of 87dba.

How much of a difference will it make to the sound?

Havn't yet installed it since am looking out for a dash kit for skoda Fabia which comes with a 2 din stock head unit.
If anyone here can help in sourcing one or can find out with their installers if they have one will be great ?
Attached Thumbnails
Clarion Vs Alpine Vs Pioneer Vs Kenwood EDIT - Its a Clarion DXZ 785 USB-img_0372.jpg  

Clarion Vs Alpine Vs Pioneer Vs Kenwood EDIT - Its a Clarion DXZ 785 USB-img_0364.jpg  

Clarion Vs Alpine Vs Pioneer Vs Kenwood EDIT - Its a Clarion DXZ 785 USB-img_0357.jpg  

Clarion Vs Alpine Vs Pioneer Vs Kenwood EDIT - Its a Clarion DXZ 785 USB-img_0355.jpg  

Clarion Vs Alpine Vs Pioneer Vs Kenwood EDIT - Its a Clarion DXZ 785 USB-img_0359.jpg  

Clarion Vs Alpine Vs Pioneer Vs Kenwood EDIT - Its a Clarion DXZ 785 USB-img_0365.jpg  

Clarion Vs Alpine Vs Pioneer Vs Kenwood EDIT - Its a Clarion DXZ 785 USB-img_0366.jpg  

Clarion Vs Alpine Vs Pioneer Vs Kenwood EDIT - Its a Clarion DXZ 785 USB-img_0367.jpg  

Clarion Vs Alpine Vs Pioneer Vs Kenwood EDIT - Its a Clarion DXZ 785 USB-img_0373.jpg  

Clarion Vs Alpine Vs Pioneer Vs Kenwood EDIT - Its a Clarion DXZ 785 USB-img_0369.jpg  

Last edited by Invinsible : 20th March 2009 at 14:34.
Old 20th March 2009, 14:31   #100
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for posting the pics Invincible, Damn I can hardly wait for mine to arrive now
Old 20th March 2009, 14:40   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Thanks for posting the pics Invincible, Damn I can hardly wait for mine to arrive now
Looks like everyone's going for the Clarion way I suppose it was once the Alpine way and now it's Clarion's turn. For the price I would have paid for Alpine 9887 I can get 3 clarion 785. I happy to make this choice so far.
Now just can't wait to see how it sounds.

Can anyone find out from the installers if they have the dash kit for a Fabia?

Thanks.

Last edited by Invinsible : 20th March 2009 at 14:43.
Old 20th March 2009, 14:51   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It actually looks good in real! Just that the display is a gripe and I believe once switched on, it will show its 'true colours'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Looks like everyone's going for the Clarion way I suppose it was once the Alpine way and now it's Clarion's turn. For the price I would have paid for Alpine 9887 I can get 3 clarion 785. I happy to make this choice so far. Now just can't wait to see how it sounds.
I know at least 2 more members going the Clarion way and waiting for it to arrive 'any day now'. I believe thats because 9887, which matches this HU the closest in terms of features is still over priced for many regular ICE'rs. At $140, this HU comes to you at the same price as a Kenwood 6539.

@Invinsible - have you figured out a place to get the install done?

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 20th March 2009 at 14:55.
Old 20th March 2009, 15:04   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like everyone's going for the Clarion way
You bet Thanks to Nishant & Frank.

Mine has already arrived in US & should be reaching me early next month.

Quote:
It actually looks good in real! Just that the display is a gripe and I believe once switched on, it will show its 'true colours'
Doesnt matter how it looks, if it delivers the SQ that we all are expecting, it will be a worthy buy
Old 20th March 2009, 15:14   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You bet Thanks to Nishant & Frank.

Mine has already arrived in US & should be reaching me early next month.

Doesnt matter how it looks, if it delivers the SQ that we all are expecting, it will be a worthy buy
You bet! Thats the real reason why people are rushing to buy this HU. Looks apart, price is damn tempting.

Techno - do you think its wise to merge the other thread that was started by me on this same HU, on the same day as Invinisble? You can then rename this thread to Clarion DXZ 785 USB
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...dxz785usb.html
Old 20th March 2009, 15:20   #105
Senior - BHPian

Actually I did but since both the thread were started on same date the posts wil get jumbled up.

Let me try something

EDIT: Closed that one & gave a link for reference in this thread's first post.

Lets continue all discussion on this HU here.

Last edited by Technocrat : 20th March 2009 at 15:26.

Most Viewed