Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2009, 13:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
ME and lot of others including speedzak.

Though i have heard Bull for more than 40 hours and Electra for not more than 40 Mins. But here goes.

Illusion Electra 6.1
Nice set overall. What i liked about them was smooth tweeter but on the same hand the tweet is very very laidback. The midbass level is lacking just like old Hertz Energy components. Vocals are crisp too and highs r pretty laid and mellow down. Everything is smooth and nice set overall.

Though build could have been a bit better considering they cost around 6.5K.

Bull
Now this is a BULL of components. When i first heard them they were around 4.5K. Even JBL costed around 5.5K with B/W.

This is one set that has really impressed me. The midbass is tight & kicks hard, the highs are detailed and vocals are crisp. I like the LOUD setting on the crossover as it suits my tastes better but more loud wont hurt my ears.

What i didn't like about the set was the color RED. I won't mind if they change their name to something else or just name them Rainbow Bullanium Line
Fully agree.

Illusion is quite good, but Arush's car sounded just awesome. Nice and perfect - for songs like Rock On.

I was honestly expecting alot more from Illusions. Bull da jawab nai.

PS: Am a serial auditioner, not yet ICEd!
PPS: I love the red color.
Old 28th February 2009, 13:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

@ Frank : I love the way Shrivz has done up the car but I am very anal about quality so I doubt this thing is going to be a DIY. But will consult him tonight we are most proally meeting.

I would love to be able to link up the iPod, those people dont ship here will try and get a unit from eBay UK. Infact a friend is coming from UK any goodies from eBay UK you think I should pick up? I am thinking about the smoked turning indicators and the bootlip spoiler

I would love to audition some Bull and Electra's as you said, anyone?

I have no idea what components you listed can you break down the prices? And whats xd-al? The car has already been noisekilled in the boot. And there is no ambient noise anywhere else, do you still think I would need damping?

So not changing the head unit, and I already have a monoblock and sub. Ideally we are looking at 4 components and a AMP to drive all of them. I would rather spend more on the front speakers and put cheaper rear speakers or not change them at all because ill always be there in the front.

For now lets consider a budget of 20k how does that sound? I can save up more money if required like I mentioned. Thanks everyone for their response.

And hello there Bass&Trouble any suggestions for a newbie audiophile?

I have a very stupid question, do THX certified speakers exist for cars? Because in my life I have noticed in Home Theatre systems and multimedia speakers no other standard matches up (atleast to me) then Lucas bhaiya. Infact at one point of time I was thinking about putting up my computer's Altec Lansing 2.1 thx in the car because they sound so so good!
Old 28th February 2009, 13:24   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ Frank : I love the way Shrivz has done up the car but I am very anal about quality so I doubt this thing is going to be a DIY. But will consult him tonight we are most proally meeting.
was joking about the DIY. you cant let a Mondeo get ruined by a DIY!!!! (no offence, Shrivz but its a new car here, new for quickdraw)

Quote:
I would love to be able to link up the iPod, those people dont ship here will try and get a unit from eBay UK. Infact a friend is coming from UK any goodies from eBay UK you think I should pick up? I am thinking about the smoked turning indicators and the bootlip spoiler
no smoked lights for the mondy dude. with all due respect to your desire to make your new found car look better, it will most probably ruin the stock look of your car. do not buy the ipod adapter from ebay uk. get it delivered to india from ebay usa. not expensive, but the wait will be long. if you can find cheap amplifiers in usa, then try looking for them.

Quote:
I have no idea what components you listed can you break down the prices? And whats xd-al? The car has already been noisekilled in the boot. And there is no ambient noise anywhere else, do you still think I would need damping?
i was talking about these components:
Hermit Audio Pvt. Ltd.
the ND6.1 here.

Quote:
So not changing the head unit, and I already have a monoblock and sub. Ideally we are looking at 4 components and a AMP to drive all of them. I would rather spend more on the front speakers and put cheaper rear speakers or not change them at all because ill always be there in the front.
no need to change the rears. we need not amplify them.

Quote:
For now lets consider a budget of 20k how does that sound? I can save up more money if required like I mentioned. Thanks everyone for their response.
20k is less, about 30k is more what I'd like, for a good amp and a pair of components, if you desire the closest to audiophile quality that you could get in this budget.

Last edited by frankmehta : 28th February 2009 at 13:25.
Old 28th February 2009, 16:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
And hello there Bass&Trouble any suggestions for a newbie audiophile?
Hey quickdraw!

Hear out some more systems, whatever options are available. None of us would have the ability to interpret your taste in music just by reading your posts. And opinions..well you know everyone has one.

Once you narrow down to something you like, it could be tailored to meet your requirement perfectly.

All the best!
Old 28th February 2009, 17:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

@Frank : Dont worry my friend I will not ruin the looks of the car, its going to be tasteful and original. Areez didnt leave much anyways its perfecto!

Please try and suggest specific models with Indian street prices so I can get a quote from abroad as well. Are Illusion sold with warrenty here in India? Is hermit a person or a company

@Bass&T : To be very honest I am a die hard Metallica fan, but rarely listen to it in the car. In the car I usually listen to Coldplay and other Soft rock etc. I like Jazz as well. I am looking for a very balanced setup. I would rather that it be more clear and melodious then loud. I dont like too much base too, it should compliment the music and not take over. The mondeo is extremely well damped from outside noise (trust me on this) Am very confused now what to do. Will be going and taking a look at the friends kit tonight and list that here as well. Have also added some more pics to the thread (which includes ICE) so please check them out

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ed-mondeo.html
Old 28th February 2009, 18:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Frank : Dont worry my friend I will not ruin the looks of the car, its going to be tasteful and original. Areez didnt leave much anyways its perfecto!
i lusted for this car and fell in love with her as soon as i saw this ad. it would have been sacrilege if anyone other than a bhpian had bought it.
Quote:
Please try and suggest specific models with Indian street prices so I can get a quote from abroad as well. Are Illusion sold with warrenty here in India? Is hermit a person or a company

Illusion audio sells in India officially, through Hermit Audio who is the sole selling distributor of Illusion audio and ground zero products.
No point trying to get Illusion stuff from abroad, lol. its just not available online. I dunno about its availability in stores in UK though. I'd say you'll find that ground zero products will be cheaper in india than UK, if you manage to find them there.
And quickdraw, Bass&Trouble IS the CEO of Hermit Audio. Just PM him
Old 28th February 2009, 19:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
i lusted for this car and fell in love with her as soon as i saw this ad. it would have been sacrilege if anyone other than a bhpian had bought it.

Illusion audio sells in India officially, through Hermit Audio who is the sole selling distributor of Illusion audio and ground zero products.
No point trying to get Illusion stuff from abroad, lol. its just not available online. I dunno about its availability in stores in UK though. I'd say you'll find that ground zero products will be cheaper in india than UK, if you manage to find them there.
And quickdraw, Bass&Trouble IS the CEO of Hermit Audio. Just PM him
I cannot stress enough about the owner of the car Areez, at that price he had gotten so many dealers and agent behind him and handing him cheques. Areez wanted the car to go to a enthusiast only, and in this special case a broke student wannabe. I cannot thank him enough for letting me take her from him and now she is a very special part of my life. It goes to show for some people there are things worth more then money, because what I paid for the car is peanuts compared to the amount that is spend on it, and you have to see it in person to take it in. This is the first car I have bought with my own money (not dads) so its a very special experence for me. All that said lets get hunting ill go and persuade some of my friends to give demos of their systems. Anyone in Pune willing?

B&T is the CEO whoops I have heard so much on TBhp about Illusion but I cant find much of it abroad or online. But I personally think its really good. Have to compare it to the Focals on the swift side by side and see whats the deal. Out and out which is better Focal or Illusion? And I am really worried about the AMP I have a Alpine 4 channel on the swift what should I go in for? And B&T will be getting a PM from me first thing tommorow
Old 28th February 2009, 20:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

i cant tell you which one is better for you, focal or illusion. I honestly have heard only one set of Focals and I just cant comment on them. But i can say one thing quite confidently. Illusions are very good speakers. Especially the Carbons. Mind blowing quality and great build, contrary to one of the posts on this thread. You should hear Carbons, and not Electras. Since I would desire you go in for Carbons. About the amp. Let it stay in the Swift. Get a new Ground Zero Amp (radioactive series) since thats the only thing you will be able to buy after you get the Carbons. If they cost about 30k alone! If you dont want to spend more than 30k then maybe you can just get the carbons for now and wait till you have saved up for the amp.

OR

you could use the swift amp for the timebeing and plonk it back in to the swift after you get a new refined amp for the carbons. is it an original alpine? or is it one of those desi alpines????

Last edited by frankmehta : 28th February 2009 at 20:07.
Old 1st March 2009, 23:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

Its definately not desi, or else the guy I got it installed from is getting a nice whopping. I dont know anyone except shrivz who has illusions. I think they system in his car is very well balanced. I would love to have iPod connectivity am in the process of working some things out will be in touch have not yet PM'd B&T either. How is Lightning Audio and JL audio?
Old 2nd March 2009, 09:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

JL Audio is known to make some very good amps.
But the good ones are a bit on the expensive side.
Old 18th September 2012, 11:15   #26
Rai
BANNED

Re: ICE for Mondeo

Hello Gurus,
I have gone thru full posting under "ICE for Mondeo". But coudn't get clear idea as which HU & Speakers I should get.
Here are my Questions:
I have 2002 Ford Mondeo Petrol and currently it has original ICE. I want to change it to the better. and for this I need your advice.
1. I want good Audio(for me)
2. Good Video (for kids sitting in back seats)
3. GPS is OK if it comes with the set, but not a must.

You can see my current settings in below photos:
Apprecite your reply/advice/suggetions.
Attached Thumbnails
ICE for Mondeo-mondeo-hu1.jpg  

ICE for Mondeo-mondeo_control-near-steering1.jpg  

Last edited by Rai : 18th September 2012 at 11:17.
Old 18th September 2012, 11:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Hello Gurus,
I have gone thru full posting under "ICE for Mondeo". But coudn't get clear idea as which HU & Speakers I should get.
Here are my Questions:
I have 2002 Ford Mondeo Petrol and currently it has original ICE. I want to change it to the better. and for this I need your advice.
1. I want good Audio(for me)
2. Good Video (for kids sitting in back seats)
3. GPS is OK if it comes with the set, but not a must.

You can see my current settings in below photos:
Apprecite your reply/advice/suggetions.
You can look at the various double DIN options that are available in the market. The problem will be in the fitting work. There are no finisher/adaptor plates available for the Mondeo in India. You will have to source them from abroad.

I have a JVC KW-AVX820 series in my car. The other issue with installing an aftermarket system will be that remote stalk will not function unless you can source the appropriate adaptor for it, again from abroad.

Link for remote interface

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/autol...or-p-2641.html
Old 18th September 2012, 12:09   #28
Rai
BANNED

Thankyou for your quick reply Vikram,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks