Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2009, 13:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit_chd View Post
Jbl 1004e for 10k with bill n warranty ? which shop ?

I know SK keeps Focals , but the model he keeps is the one i dont like , i auditioned Focals in DELHI , i know they sound very sweet . But the model i like costs arnd 17k ... will let u know the model number soon . And yeah i would love to audtioned MTX too , but i had hard times with my MTX speakers .
i donno the name of that shop..will find out, u can talk to shop next to SK..price is in grey

those are the same focals am talking about, Focal Polyglass in grey for 9k with bill for 17k choice is yours.

& what problem are u facing with MTX?
Old 4th March 2009, 14:10   #17
BHPian

Will be going to the dealer in the next couple of hours to see the Focals. My biggest fear right now is whether they are genuine or not. since i have some recognition points for fake and original, will see.
The guy was also offering me JL Audio components (XT650-Csi). It's a discontinued model but the price was same as focals.
Will share the prices after the install.

@abhibh- Can you pleas share your experience of Nakamichi compo and JL Audio compo w.r.t. to rainbow's?
Old 4th March 2009, 14:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

click pics of compos ..
Old 4th March 2009, 14:52   #19
BHPian

Ok. will do so and update here !
Old 4th March 2009, 22:39   #20
BHPian

Well i want nice midbass as my blau are alreay on a brighter side .......... And MTX sound very metallic to me . very shiny . And my MTX speaker gave me problems . I have given it for replacements , cone got stucked up.

And i audtioned Rainbow component sets , seriously i liked them
Mid bass was very nice .
Will audtion HERTZ HSK165 and ID once and finalize .And i have given a hold to my 4 channel amp , will do more survey before buying one ;D

And thanks to abhibh
Old 5th March 2009, 00:50   #21
BHPian

Got the i10 ICEd with focals. Here is the link to threads with pics - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...blaupunkt.html
Old 5th March 2009, 01:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
@abhibh- Can you pleas share your experience of Nakamichi compo and JL Audio compo w.r.t. to rainbow's?
I didn't liked Nakamichi much. I have heard 2 different models and both of them on a good HU (8650 and Alpine 9830) and Amps. They are pretty harsh and bright.

JL were pretty nice. I don't remember the model number but they were pretty smooth sounding.

Though none of them can compete with the Bass level of the Rainbow SAX. Even though i am just powering the Rainbows with 50W they kick pretty hard. Even Infinity Kappa compos powered through Infinity Amp lacked the midbass level of Rainbows. Though i liked Kappa alot. They are all in one in different league than Reference series which i heard last year.

Quote:
Well i want nice midbass as my blau are alreay on a brighter side .......... And MTX sound very metallic to me . very shiny . And my MTX speaker gave me problems . I have given it for replacements , cone got stucked up.

And i auditioned Rainbow component sets , seriously i liked them
Mid bass was very nice .
Will audtion HERTZ HSK165 and ID once and finalize .And i have given a hold to my 4 channel amp , will do more survey before buying one ;D

And thanks to abhibh
Ankit it was nice meeting you. I am glad you liked the Components. Try to contact D1, Morten, maverick55 and audition their cars. I will let you know as soon as i get in contact with the JL guy.

Also don't buy the AMP as of now. First decide on the components. There will never be a shortage of JBL stuff specially the 1004.

P.S. You will have hard time deciding between Rainbows, Hertz and ID. Though I have auditioned all and Rainbow kicks harder than both of them.

Last edited by abhibh : 5th March 2009 at 01:18.
Old 8th March 2009, 14:38   #23
BHPian

hey , can anyone confirm me prices of Rainbows , ID and Hertz ....
And abhibh u still in delhi ? if yes then please look for a good 4 channel amp too .
Old 9th March 2009, 12:44   #24
BHPian

PM gunbir, noidaboy for the latest prices of Rainbow and ID. Last heard the MRP were -
Rainbow SLX DLX - 12.5k
Rainbow SLG Kick - 14.9k
ID CTX 65cs - 13.9k
Old 10th March 2009, 22:05   #25
Senior - BHPian

I am back from Delhi. So what have you decided ? Or Still confused hehe.
Old 11th March 2009, 00:32   #26
BHPian

Rainbows r somewhat decided but will audition hertz once ;D
Old 12th March 2009, 22:15   #27
BHPian

Hey guys , please help me with amplifier , very confused regarding a 4 channel amplifier . Budget is tight , max to max 11k . Will be powering my Blau vpc 172 and a new set of components ( rainbows or Hertz undecided ) .

And i need help for Subs too ... I have Hifonics Brutus 1208 D . I dont want very loud sub , budget is short and tight around 6-8 k .

Power ratings for Brutus is 450W x 1 Channel at 4 ohms - 900W x 1 Channel at 2 ohms - 1200W x 1 Channel at 1 ohm

Thinking of powering a sub at 2 ohms .... 1 1000rms sub will do great job ( a guess ;D )

Please and do tell me gud installers in Delhi ( new to forums so plz kindly help ) , will be coming delhi for the installation and components n wirings .
Old 12th March 2009, 22:41   #28
BHPian

There's a Genesis Profile2 2ch-amp up for sale in t-bhp classifieds for 12k. Have a look at it too ankit_chd.
Old 12th March 2009, 22:42   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys , please help me with amplifier , very confused regarding a 4 channel amplifier . Budget is tight , max to max 11k . Will be powering my Blau vpc 172 and a new set of components ( rainbows or Hertz undecided ) .

And i need help for Subs too ... I have Hifonics Brutus 1208 D . I dont want very loud sub , budget is short and tight around 6-8 k .

Power ratings for Brutus is 450W x 1 Channel at 4 ohms - 900W x 1 Channel at 2 ohms - 1200W x 1 Channel at 1 ohm

Thinking of powering a sub at 2 ohms .... 1 1000rms sub will do great job ( a guess ;D )

Please and do tell me gud installers in Delhi ( new to forums so plz kindly help ) , will be coming delhi for the installation and components n wirings .
Ankit increase your budget for sub. The type of music you listen to have very fast and overlapping bass. There are only 2 subs which i found to be good for playing psy trance etc.

1. JL Audio
2. iD

Both wont fit your budget.

Regarding installers contact Driven or GYRO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
There's a Genesis Profile2 2ch-amp up for sale in t-bhp classifieds for 12k. Have a look at it too ankit_chd.
2ch wont serve the purpose. he needs to power 2 sets of components

Last edited by abhibh : 12th March 2009 at 22:43.
Old 12th March 2009, 22:47   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Ankit increase your budget for sub. The type of music you listen to have very fast and overlapping bass. There are only 2 subs which i found to be good for playing psy trance etc.

1. JL Audio
2. iD

Both wont fit your budget.
What should be the budget then ? and which models ??
And i dont always listen trance , being a dj , i can listen anything anytime , depends upon the mood ;D

Most Viewed