Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2009, 12:41   #16
BHPian

Focal Polyglass components brief review

Firstly, there is no sub in the car and Focals are being powered by 2 channels of the Sony Amp. No damping yet.
The tweeter as said earlier are laid-back/sweet not at all bright. Even at the maximum volume doesn't pinch the ears. The Mid-woofers produce very noticable, deep, clean bass kick. This was observed at all-flat settings with loudness off. I think the output is so good, that i didn't want to drive them with the 4 ch-bridged.
i am now eager to add a sub in the boot to experience how well components blend with the Sub. Expectations are great, let's see when it happens.

@ankit_chd - ID have a little bit different sound. IDs are more detailed as compared to Focals, IDs are not laid-back at all, a bit sharp, Bass kick is more in Focals than ID.
But mind it that ID's are powered by a better Amp, then again there are low freq by the sub. But Focals are doing great job in the i10 so far. I didn't expected that at all.
Old 9th March 2009, 13:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
Focal Polyglass components brief review

Firstly, there is no sub in the car and Focals are being powered by 2 channels of the Sony Amp. No damping yet.
The tweeter as said earlier are laid-back/sweet not at all bright. Even at the maximum volume doesn't pinch the ears. The Mid-woofers produce very noticable, deep, clean bass kick. This was observed at all-flat settings with loudness off. I think the output is so good, that i didn't want to drive them with the 4 ch-bridged.
i am now eager to add a sub in the boot to experience how well components blend with the Sub. Expectations are great, let's see when it happens.

@ankit_chd - ID have a little bit different sound. IDs are more detailed as compared to Focals, IDs are not laid-back at all, a bit sharp, Bass kick is more in Focals than ID.
But mind it that ID's are powered by a better Amp, then again there are low freq by the sub. But Focals are doing great job in the i10 so far. I didn't expected that at all.

very different review what i have heard and read about focals they sound bighter then other brands thoough never audition them personally.

and as for id they kick better then most of the brands and i don't think id's are shrap souding.
Old 9th March 2009, 16:12   #18
BHPian

What if we compare rainbows with ID's n Focals ??
Actually i want decent midbass from my component sets because the one i already own ( blau vpc172 ) are on a brighter side . So to balance off the sound i a want gud midbass .
Old 9th March 2009, 20:17   #19
BHPian

IDs are not sharp but relatively sharper when compared to the focal, same goes for the midbass. It's comparative here.

Rainbow again has different sound. I had very brief audition of Rainbow, so won't be wise to review here. They are more natural sounding and open-up than ID though.

@ankit_chd - It will be better you audition the speakers well before install. It can only shape your final decision well.

Last edited by superbhikari : 9th March 2009 at 20:21. Reason: typo
Old 10th March 2009, 08:51   #20
BHPian

@ siperbhikari

Yeah i auditioned Rainbows , midbass was very sweet . I am too confused ;D
We have so many brands , hertz is also there .
Old 10th March 2009, 23:48   #21
BHPian

Confusion will remain untill you get the install. Me and other s too got through this for sure. But decision is to made at a stage. It's a mess most of the times. Just hear, analyse your budget and hit it.

Most Viewed