Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2009, 10:35   #46
Team-BHP Support

it is only recently that a few 2 DIN HUs have sound quality apporaching that of 1 DIN HUs. A 1 DIN HU can give you all you want. Other than different aesthetics 2 DIN HUs dont offer you much more in terms of sound qulaity often a lot less.

Besides with your 20K budget stick to 1 DIN and spend the money saved on amps and speakers.
Old 18th April 2009, 01:21   #47

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Finally i got it done from Gyro. HU is alpine xda-300, and bull components in front and coax in rear. Sounds quite nice particularly vocal and light music. Later on I did realize that rear coax are not adding any value , because system sounds better without them. Total damage 24K. cheers.
Old 18th April 2009, 08:44   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monk_optra View Post
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Finally i got it done from Gyro. HU is alpine xda-300, and bull components in front and coax in rear. Sounds quite nice particularly vocal and light music. Later on I did realize that rear coax are not adding any value , because system sounds better without them. Total damage 24K. cheers.
Good Equipment and Congrats.

The coax may be of no use if you are on the driver seat. That is only for the rear passengers got hold of some music. You should be considering your rear passengers too

Nandan
Old 18th April 2009, 08:51   #49
Senior - BHPian

can we get a split of the prices? i thought the XDA 300 cost <11k
Old 18th April 2009, 09:24   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monk_optra View Post
Did you mean iDA X300?
Attached Thumbnails
ICE Monk's i10 - budget no bar! :-) ...wait, actually 20k-idax300.jpg  

Old 19th April 2009, 17:02   #51

Guys,

somehow i cant see your posts though i have received them in mail as i am subscribed to the thread.The last one could see is from naveen on 18th March. is there some technical issue? or I am checking wrong way? can someone educate me about this?

Ok coming back to ICE, apologies to all, actuallly it is alpine iDA-X200 and not XDA-300 as I wrote before.

"Good Equipment and Congrats.
The coax may be of no use if you are on the driver seat. That is only for the rear passengers got hold of some music. You should be considering your rear passengers too
Nandan"

Thanks NANDAN: yes , you are right that coax is for rear seat passenger but what I felt was that it was spoiling the sound image from the front components for the occupant of the driver seat. SQ was getting negatively affected. So I keep the fader high for fronts when I drive.

"Posted by: greenhorn
On: 18th April 2009 08:51

can we get a split of the prices? i thought the XDA 300 cost <11k"

Sure greenhorn,here are approx figures

14k for headunit of alpine,6k for front 4k 3.5 K for rear coax both BULL , some wire, round mdfs cuts etc for speaker fitting, no cuts in rear tray, all stock..actually it was slightly more than 24K.

nope jk, its iDA X-200, one with blue lights( some Red too), cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
can we get a split of the prices? i thought the XDA 300 cost <11k

Hi i think i replied in another quote with breakup

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th April 2009 at 14:17. Reason: Posts merged.

Most Viewed