Team-BHP - ground zero Sub vs image dynamics Sub
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   ground zero Sub vs image dynamics Sub (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/55073-ground-zero-sub-vs-image-dynamics-sub.html)

I have an 04 accord with a pioneer 6050 HU.
Morel tempo components in front
morel tempo co axials in the rear
Mtx x thunder x704 (4 channel )
Mtx x thunder x500d (mono)
I have a jbl gto series sub enclosure but am not happy with it.Now i need some help in decidin which one to get .I basically listen to hip-hop,r and b,house and sometimes trance. I like good bass but not too much of it.I would be running the new sub with the mono amp.
My options are
2 x groundzero Titanium GZTW 30T in a ported box
or
1 x image dynamics idq sub in a ported box
Please suggest which one i should buy and how much each should be priced at.

Thank You

I would recommend you not to post the question on GZ vs ID here as by the end of the discussion will lead to you buying a third brand and not either GZ or ID.

Now that you have asked , i would recommend you to go for 2 x GZ TW 30T will cost you 7990*2 = 15980.

Why not one GZ12XDAL? its a mighty powerful subwoofer, and given a good amount of power, can suffice for your requirements. try auditioning it in delhi. contact LBM on this forum. ID subs are awesome!! Even the IDQv3 (forgive me if I have the wrong model no.) is a great sub. try taking a call betwen the 2..

Even if you opt for pioneer in front of JBL you will be happy.

Somedays back i audition swift with 4 JBL subs and there was no thump at all.

The option given by Abhinav is good enough and will satisfy you for sure. or may be GZ 12XD AL

never heard ID so can't comment

hehe this will be one hell of thread! *gets popcorn, turn up the volume TAAL SE TAAL MILA*

Quote:

Somedays back i audition swift with 4 JBL subs and there was no thump at all.
The swift need tuning!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohanGT (Post 1213827)
I have an 04 accord with a pioneer 6050 HU.
Morel tempo components in front
morel tempo co axials in the rear
Mtx x thunder x704 (4 channel )
Mtx x thunder x500d (mono)
I have a jbl gto series sub enclosure but am not happy with it.Now i need some help in decidin which one to get .I basically listen to hip-hop,r and b,house and sometimes trance. I like good bass but not too much of it.I would be running the new sub with the mono amp.
My options are
2 x groundzero Titanium GZTW 30T in a ported box
or
1 x image dynamics idq sub in a ported box
Please suggest which one i should buy and how much each should be priced at.

Thank You

Sorry to be off topic

Morel tempo...?
How does these sound ?? Hows the midbass ?? and over all experience with them

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhibh (Post 1213959)
hehe this will be one hell of thread! *gets popcorn, turn up the volume TAAL SE TAAL MILA*

The swift need tuning!!!!!!

yaar you must have seen the swift which was present at expo ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhibh (Post 1213959)

Thats precisely what i meant in my 1st reply.
The thread will not lead anywhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiragh_bir (Post 1213998)
yaar you must have seen the swift which was present at expo ..

Oh you mean the JBL twins hehe.

lets not compare numbers here and have that same old fight between x faction and x faction and make this thread a dirty place. let the buyer decide by listening to both. on our part we can tell him that both are highly competent subs and each has its fans. audition both and buy the one you like man!

Rohan you`v opened up Pandora's box. :)

You can PM Gunbir paaji or Noidaboy/Abhimanyu regarding ID and LBM regarding GZ products.

I'd say audition some rides.

For 1 GZ XD-Al , contact Yayaati , Smokin. Or directly contact LBM.
For 2 of them , conact Panky12345
For 2 30SPL Contact ME

For IDQ you can contact Hellspawn
For IDV3 , you can contact Notorious (but his exams are going on right now)

With the amp that you have (MTX Thunder x500d) IMO GZ 12-XDAl would be the best bet. The amp will supply 500rms @2ohms. Wire the coils of the sub in parallel to achieve 2ohms load.
Another option can be the IDmax 12" sub. Audition this mighty sub as well.

Thank you all for your FAST replies.This is going to be one tough decision,I need to now hear them to decide and get it installed fast so that i dont get super confused.Have heard abhimanyus sub really liked it but want to listen to it once again will do that in a week or so.about the ground zero ones doesnt anyone have 2 GZTW 30Ts installed?

the price difference between the id max and the 12xdal is quite a bit. some ID sub in the same slot! idqv3/4? im not too well versed with ID models, but I know the max is expensive (and better than the xdal by a mile, but they are in different price slots)

hydrashok will help in the ID subs department. he knows them very well and uses a set in his car. pm him for info on ID subs and PM abhinav/arpandiv for how the 12xdal sounds!