Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2009, 20:32   #1

New Pioneer DEH-4190SD any good?

Hi Gurus,
Please tell me whether DEH-4190SD by Pioneer is any good? I already have 1 4-channel amplifier and a subwoofer 10" one with amplifier. I want to upgrade to 4190SD. Mainly for SD card .. imagine hell lot of songs on go.

Now, after reading through the net on RCA outputs(pre-amp), I feel that 4190SD is a poor choice. It has only 2 pre outputs. 1 front and 1 sub/rear connection. Now, how will I connect my existing amps and sub?

Is it somehow possible with 4190SD? Orelse please suggest me a good receiver with 3 RCA and also a SD card facility.
Old 26th March 2009, 13:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Connect the 2 Pre-outs from the HU to the 4-channel amp. Use a Y RCA cable from the Rear pair for connecting the RCA cable to the sub amp. Use the Rear channel Pre-out in the Rear channel mode only, not Sub-out mode. Do all settings at the sub amp. The only thing you will lose is sub control from HU, but if you tune your system well (including Fader setting), you will not miss that.
Old 26th March 2009, 21:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

i doubt he will need to use a y splitter. he can power his fronts and the rear speakers using the 2 pre outs from the 4190SD. from what i read, the sub is pre amplified.
another idea would be to get a HU with usb input and just use a card reader(pen drive type) to read whichever SD cards you want to use. simple!

Last edited by frankmehta : 26th March 2009 at 21:10.
Old 26th March 2009, 21:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Arrey Doctor-saab, even if the sub is pre-amplified, how do you get the audio signal to it from the HU?

Aeckchually, your USB card reader (those dinky little ones that usually come free sometimes with the microSD cards now) idea is really good, except that it is an iffy proposition sometimes. Works fine on a PC, unrecognizable by non-'PC' category devices. Despite that, even I think @sheetal_k should try out this idea at shops before buying the HU.
Old 26th March 2009, 22:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

don'know much about pre amplified sub i think they need signal from speaker out put correct me if i am wrong.

i had tried sd card with card reader with pioneer 4050,5050,kenwood 5039,7009 and worked perfectly
Old 26th March 2009, 23:05   #6

@frankmehta, My existing system is Pioneer DEH-P6850MP in which all were connected using RCA cables. But, this 4190SD has only 2 RCA pins. Card reader option is apreciated, but that will be my last option.

@DerAlte, With the setting you suggested, I will not have fader na?
Old 26th March 2009, 23:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

Yes sir. But i had a 7950ub and it gobbled up everything i threw at it. Even the measly card reader. Just make sure you insert the card in the slot well:-) even i think the pre amplified sub needs a line level out. But still not sure. Someone who has it must clarify.
Old 27th March 2009, 10:00   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
even i think the pre amplified sub needs a line level out. But still not sure. Someone who has it must clarify.
I don't have one, but I don't think there is any special requirement for an amplified sub (aka active or powered sub). It is just a boxed sub with a mono amp fitted as an integral part of the package, so it will either need a line-level or speaker-level inputs (depending upon the provision) from HU, like what any separate amp would need.
Old 27th March 2009, 10:22   #9
Senior - BHPian

this is what we want to know how a pre amplified sub works,anyone using can tell us.
Old 27th March 2009, 10:52   #10

Hey there,
What is a "pre-amplified" sub?? I don't have such thing as you people are talking.
I have a Blaupunkt 10" subwoofer powered using Blaupunkt GTA Mk II 2-channel amplifier.

@frankmehta, @karankapoor, Please don't get confused.. It is a usual subwoofer+amp setup.. nothing integrated power and all.
Old 27th March 2009, 11:06   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheetal K View Post
Hi Gurus,
I already have 1 4-channel amplifier and a subwoofer 10" one with amplifier. .
this line of yours has created the confusion.

if you have a front and sub setup then this hu will work fine for you,as you only need 2 preouts one for front and one for sub.
Old 27th March 2009, 11:34   #12

@karankapoor,
I want to power all 4 speakers with the existing 4-channel amplifier.
And I want to power the subwoofer with the other amplifier.

Hope I clearly mentioned by requirements.
Old 27th March 2009, 11:42   #13
Senior - BHPian

yes, the line karan quoted made us think in opposite directions :-P
anyways, no need to get the 4190SD. just get a normal USB HU. a card reader works, if the card works.
Old 27th March 2009, 13:02   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheetal K View Post
... But, this 4190SD has only 2 RCA pins. ...

@DerAlte, With the setting you suggested, I will not have fader na?
You will have FULL fader control. DEH-4190SD has 2 Pre-outs (check the description online; each Pre-out is a L+R pair), not 2 'pins'. One pair feed the front channels of the amp, the other can either go to rear channel of the amp OR the sub amp.

I suggested putting the 2nd Pre-out to the rear channel of the amp, and feed the sub amp via a Y-splitter from the front or rear channel. If you use the 2nd pair as sub-out, you will lose Fader functionality.
Old 27th March 2009, 13:17   #15

Thank you DerAlte, that is a clean solution. So, my setup will be:
front components- gto 608
Rear speakers- GT5-S265
amp: jbl gto 504
Sub and amp: Blau 10" + GTA MK 2
2 Y-splitters extra

Sounds good

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks