Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2005, 11:51   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Ooops!!! I thought I was simplifying things as much as possible. My deepest appologies to any who did not understand my postings/rantings. Please PM me and I will do my best to re word them.
NAHEE!! Dont apologise, i'm only kidding man. But even you know that your ravings can be understood completely only by enthusiasts (serious ones too) not laymen.
Old 4th August 2005, 12:04   #17
Team-BHP Support

hey my wife and sister do. in fact untill my sister got married i used her ears to test small changes to my XOs (really small changes in the midrange can be detected). These changes included changes to the Baffle Step Compensation of the midwoofer (baffle dependant) etc... Vivek can elaborate on this.
Old 4th August 2005, 12:06   #18
Team-BHP Support

But then we agonise over the differences of a 300B SE over a EL84 PP.
Old 4th August 2005, 12:58   #19
BHPian

Quote:
hey my wife and sister do. in fact untill my sister got married i used her ears to test small changes to my XOs (really small changes in the midrange can be detected). These changes included changes to the Baffle Step Compensation of the midwoofer (baffle dependant) etc... Vivek can elaborate on this.
NAHEE!!! Not the baffle step compensation bit again. Navin probably remembers the time when I wanted to build a 2.5way speaker. I read and read and read and researched about BSC (and drove many up the wall with my questions). I also remember Navin suggesting one midbass driver on the rear baffle. Finally, Shiva of Corrson had come up with a good sounding Vifa MTM speaker. I liked what I saw. I then went for an MTM.

Last edited by Vivekphadnis : 4th August 2005 at 13:14.
Old 4th August 2005, 13:23   #20
BHPian

For the benefit of some of the members here, I would like to say something about BSC. It is to compensate for frequencies when the width of the baffle plays a part in the response. At lower frequencies, the radiation is more spherical than higher frequencies, which are more directional. That is why the extra woofer in the 2.5 way speaker. Right, Navin?
Old 4th August 2005, 13:32   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

This NAHEE! business is catching on (heh heh heh)

Speaking of funny names, where's Fusseem?
Old 4th August 2005, 13:39   #22
Team-BHP Support

the reason i prefer 2.5 way over MTM is to do with the radiation pattern of the speaker....this is a serious digression from car audio...if anyone wants me to do this in public please let me know. In short I do not believe (after long listening tests) that the cylindircal wavefront of the MTM is in any way beneficial to the stereo image. I think saying more at this stage will merge this thread to www.diyaudio.com.
Old 4th August 2005, 13:46   #23
BHPian

I think the guys here need to do some reading on diyaudio.com. They will benefit greatly from some reading.
Old 4th August 2005, 18:24   #24
Team-BHP Support

no need vivek. that is what we are doing. distilling information from diyaudio into this thread. that forum would drown most in info overload.
Old 4th August 2005, 23:03   #25
BHPian

Right. This is what we will continue doing I suppose.
Old 5th August 2005, 14:04   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
Aseem,
I am thinking of incesting in components....I thought of purchasing the [font=Arial][size=5][color=#3399ff]GTO606C series...any comments on that[/color][/size][/font]
Didn't know U had a mechanical relation. Go ahead and enjoy, but make sure it is consensual. Don't want kid sister comp. to cry Rape later!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks