Team-BHP - help on choosing speakers
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   help on choosing speakers (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/5572-help-choosing-speakers.html)

i'm planning to upgrade the rear speakers on my baleno.it has a mp3 head unit. two options within my budget are
sony xplod 350w for 2800 rs & pioneer 240w for 2100 rs .any suggestions??
also, would changing the cables improve performance?

Go for JBL speakers... GTO series.. they are the best fit for a baleno... i am talking simple speakers here sans. any amps and subs.... they do a really good job...

I've got those sony xplods 350w in my accent without any amps, they sound pretty good...but i agree JBL speakers are better.

Drifter

nothings better than pioneer :D
pioneer rocks man.go for ts 2150 if u want to spend 5600 bucks or go for 6990 five way thats for 3100 bucks.
trust me it seriously is the best these days.

big up!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kallil
i'm planning to upgrade the rear speakers on my baleno.it has a mp3 head unit. two options within my budget are

Dear friends,
In my Baleno, I have a Pioneer 7450 with Pioneer 6920 4 way in rear and Blaupunkt (forgot the model name but blue / silver in color extremely fancy looking) 2 way speakers in the front...

I hate the way the Blaupunkts distort sound in the front...especially if I turn on the volume to more than half....they are about to scream their guts out...
the system is pretty new (20 days old) but I am already tired of the front speakers...any suggestions on what should I put in the front please...I will try to give these back to the Maruti Dealer and get an exchange...

Can a 6 inch 3 way fit in the front...in Baleno..I have got conflicting opinions on this till now...any comments will be appreciated...

i got sony xplod speakers with the sony head and later decided to invest on an amp as the base wus quite tight for just the head !! so as expected worked really well but later i got them mounted on a boom box !! this really boosted the bass i mena i had people asking me what woofer i had so you can imagine !! its actually quite amazing how much difference a 500rs box has made!! but at the cost of my boot space but then again its the feel good factor !! lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kallil
two options within my budget are

Would recommend you go and take a listen to both the speakers and then choose which your ears like.

The sony would give you warranty and the pioneer wouldnt and thats why the price difference. Personally, I would buy the pioneer.

Changing cables for your setup will not make a difference which your ears will be able to make out. So I dont think its necassary. The speakers come with their cables, use them, they are good enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffetfan
Dear friends,
In my Baleno, I have a Pioneer 7450 with Pioneer 6920 4 way in rear and Blaupunkt (forgot the model name but blue / silver in color extremely fancy looking) 2 way speakers in the front...

I hate the way the Blaupunkts distort sound in the front...especially if I turn on the volume to more than half....they are about to scream their guts out...
the system is pretty new (20 days old) but I am already tired of the front speakers...any suggestions on what should I put in the front please...I will try to give these back to the Maruti Dealer and get an exchange...

Can a 6 inch 3 way fit in the front...in Baleno..I have got conflicting opinions on this till now...any comments will be appreciated...

Buffetan, I dont blame you. My brother bought those Blankpunts fronts for 1200 Rs against my advise. Those speakers are so shrill they will make you deaf and make you want to throw them out.

So I suggest replace them at the earliest and get whatever money you get for them. Even if you have to pay the guy money to take them... pay it lol:

My personal suggestion would be that you go for 6 inch components for the fronts if you really enjoy your music. Most people who dont know much about music go for 4" speakers in front and ovals at the back with amp or woofer. However this totally disturbs and distorts the music effect. The music sounds like its coming from the rear, and rear passengers too have a hard time. Since most cars are not chauffer driven it makes sense to have your best speakers in front with fillers at the back. I suggest you go for 6" components in the front like I have in my car. You might have to create holes on your door pads for them, but its worth it. Cheap components begin at 3.5k and branded components from Sony start at 4.5k. JBL which I have in my car is for 6k, but yes the JBL is a tad too bright. However its no way near as irritating as your Blankpunts. There are some nice Alpine compos for 8k. Components are way better than coaxials and with components you get bass from the front speakers as well.

Rest depends on your budget. clap:

Hey Guys I just noted my last post was post number 99. So I am posting this for you guys to congratulate me on my 100th post lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by aseem
Buffetan, I dont blame you. My brother bought those Blankpunts fronts for 1200 Rs against my advise. Those speakers are so shrill they will make you deaf and make you want to throw them out.

So I suggest replace them at the earliest and get whatever money you get for them. Even if you have to pay the guy money to take them... pay it lol:

My personal suggestion would be that you go for 6 inch components for the fronts if you really enjoy your music. Most people who dont know much about music go for 4" speakers in front and ovals at the back with amp or woofer. However this totally disturbs and distorts the music effect. The music sounds like its coming from the rear, and rear passengers too have a hard time. Since most cars are not chauffer driven it makes sense to have your best speakers in front with fillers at the back. I suggest you go for 6" components in the front like I have in my car. You might have to create holes on your door pads for them, but its worth it. Cheap components begin at 3.5k and branded components from Sony start at 4.5k. JBL which I have in my car is for 6k, but yes the JBL is a tad too bright. However its no way near as irritating as your Blankpunts. There are some nice Alpine compos for 8k. Components are way better than coaxials and with components you get bass from the front speakers as well.

Rest depends on your budget. clap:

Aseem,
I am thinking of incesting in components....I thought of purchasing the [font=Arial][size=5][color=#3399ff]GTO606C series...any comments on that[/color][/size][/font]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffetfan
Aseem,
I am thinking of incesting in components....I thought of purchasing the [font=Arial][size=5][color=#3399ff]GTO606C series...any comments on that[/color][/size][/font]

Hi!

Aseem uses GTO606Ce. almost people are happy with this product, but he finds them a little bright. (Fusseem his name should be :p ) They are excellent compos and sound terrific, but then I would say that ;)
At that price, not many better components avlbl

Cheers

The brightness can be tamed either electrically or mechanically. There are any number of measures.....
1. changing the Q of the tweeters XO which I ususally find is way to high often in the interest in protecting the tweeter.
2. felt padding around the tweeter
3. using a "time lens" this was first seen on JBL Ti dome tweeters on the 80s.
4. remove the tweeter grill (you can if you are careful with an excato knife) and line the inside with thin cloth
5. continuing from point 1 above.....manufacturers are so taken by having a FLAT frequency response that they forget what sounds nice to a ear esp. for long sessions. In this interest they often cross the tweeter too low and then have to resort to high Q crossovers. Say you have a tweeter crossed at 2khz at say 12db/octave (second order). You can probably get nice sound if you move the XO point to 3khz and reduce the indcutor (leave the cap alone) so that the effective slope is 9db/octave. Even i this induces a suck out in the area between 2 and 3k it will only make female voices less lispy. In a car you will never notice this even if you are listening to Diana Krall.

Besides any enviroment is so full of nodes that large peaks and valleys (+/- 10db) are created in the IN ROOM freq. response of any speaker (home or car). A car is even worse with live glass panels, dead seats, road noise, alternator whine, etc.... Why take a speaker that may be anechoicly flat and stuff it in a car that is not. GM-Delco Bose wrote some white papers in the 80s that detail this in length. Look at the AES website.

I would suggest to ALL maufacturers that they concentrate more on impulse responses (using FFT analysis) instead of freq. response (using Laplace Transforms) if they are still interested in measuring their products specs.

BTW if Aseem is Fuseem that what am I? Madeem?

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin
BTW if Aseem is Fuseem that what am I? Madeem?

If Aseem is Fusseem, then Navin is NAHEEE!!!

This is what most people say when they read his super complicated posts.

NAHEEE!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
This is what most people say when they read his super complicated posts.

Ooops!!! I thought I was simplifying things as much as possible. My deepest appologies to any who did not understand my postings/rantings. Please PM me and I will do my best to re word them.