Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2005, 12:45   #1
BHPian

Woofers

Im planning a bit ahead (if i do indeed end up getting a Octy RS), but im wondering, what is compatible with teh sound system in that car. Im aware it comes with that Alpine MP3 deck, which i still dont know the model of and i think 8 speakers, i believe..but no sub, from what i read so far. I have a BOSE 200watt factory setup in my current car back in the states now, so im thinking if i could get an equal quality system to that or even better, it would be great. Im not looking to win any sound competitions...i just want some thump for all that hip hop and r&b i'll be playing.
Old 16th May 2005, 12:50   #2
BHPian

Alpine 9830 is the alpine Mp3 deck... sub only depends on what kinda bass you want and what amplifier you going to have. accordingly get a woofer. try out a few models when yoiu setting it up... dont just go for teh power description and buy but hear it and see if you can get a papercone sub instead of polypropelene
Old 16th May 2005, 12:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

depending on the bass you looking at and teh budget you can either go in for a bass tube with a built in amp or you can buy an amp separately and sub with a custom box
Old 16th May 2005, 13:11   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by z klasse
Alpine 9830 is the alpine Mp3 deck... sub only depends on what kinda bass you want and what amplifier you going to have. accordingly get a woofer. try out a few models when yoiu setting it up... dont just go for teh power description and buy but hear it and see if you can get a papercone sub instead of polypropelene
actually u know what....i have 2 subs sitting back here in the US...that i got for free..u think i should bring them with me to india??? They are from Audiobahn. My friend has them now for safekeeping, but i can always get them from him if need be. They are 12 inchers.
Old 16th May 2005, 13:13   #5
bhp
BHPian

i think u can have a look at the bass tube one of my friend s has it in his skoda and it reallly kicks bass ....
Old 16th May 2005, 13:22   #6
Senior - BHPian

man 2 audiobahns..please get tehm they are awesome sound. but get a good matching amp for it too. as long as boot space is not an issue you can use these subs.
Old 16th May 2005, 13:22   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp
i think u can have a look at the bass tube one of my friend s has it in his skoda and it reallly kicks bass ....
hmmn aite..so i got a few options i guess. The subs i have right now...brand new (got them for free in a contest i won) are either 400 or 800 watts total, from what i remember. I was gonna put them in my current car..but it was gonna be too complicated. Only question is..how much do i have to pay the airline to freight them to india.
Old 16th May 2005, 13:26   #8
Senior - BHPian

well the airlines do charge quite a bit also they are pretty heavy. plus you have to worry about customs.
Old 16th May 2005, 13:28   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91
man 2 audiobahns..please get tehm they are awesome sound. but get a good matching amp for it too. as long as boot space is not an issue you can use these subs.
any amps u recomend??? i think the Octy's trunk is big enough...they'll have to be put in a custom box as well.
Old 16th May 2005, 13:30   #10
BHPian

Quote:
well the airlines do charge quite a bit also they are pretty heavy. plus you have to worry about customs.
yah true..well i do see people bringing computers, printers, monitors, etc to india all the time...so maybe i can bring these too. I'll ask around with the freight companies (DHL, UPS, FEDEX) too..see how much they would charge for delivery to either Bangalore airport or my relative's place in bangalore. The only reason im thinkin about doing this is that i got em for free...and i might as well use em..instead of letting brand new subs sit around and gather dust.
Old 16th May 2005, 13:33   #11
Senior - BHPian

well you can try the audiobahn monoblocks itself. else the have phoenix gold which is good too.since you are in the u.s. this site should help:
www.woofersetc.com
Old 16th May 2005, 13:44   #12
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza
Only question is..how much do i have to pay the airline to freight them to india.
i think you should bring it urself when u fly back here . dhl is going to be too expensive . and i dont think customs will be much of a problem when u get it urself as you are allowed to get stuff worth rs 25k duty free of charge for every indivisual and even if they ask to for such duty u can always bribe them and set ur things freee . afterall its indiaa
Old 16th May 2005, 13:46   #13
BHPian

Quote:
well you can try the audiobahn monoblocks itself. else the have phoenix gold which is good too.since you are in the u.s. this site should help:
www.woofersetc.com
from what i hear...audiobahn overall..isnt the best company: speaker, subs, or amps..but since i got the subs for free, i cant argue. The amp does look good though..the one i see on that website..and $189 is cheap for that, and cheap for amps in general. I need an amp that can suffciently power the whole system. What is available in india that can support that alpine deck, the 8 speakers, and lets say the 2 audiobahn subs...
Old 16th May 2005, 13:49   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp
i think you should bring it urself when u fly back here . dhl is going to be too expensive . and i dont think customs will be much of a problem when u get it urself as you are allowed to get stuff worth rs 25k duty free of charge for every indivisual and even if they ask to for such duty u can always bribe them and set ur things freee . afterall its indiaa
hahaha..yeah ur right on the customs part..and in bangalore..they dont even give a **** either...i brought in my digi cam this time, digi video cam in 2003..no problems..all went smoothly. Actually i'll prolly have my dad bring it, cause im bringing my laptop and ipod when i come myself..my dad is comming maybe a month later...
Old 16th May 2005, 14:44   #15
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza
hahaha..yeah ur right on the customs part..and in bangalore..they dont even give a **** either...i brought in my digi cam this time, digi video cam in 2003..no problems..all went smoothly. Actually i'll prolly have my dad bring it, cause im bringing my laptop and ipod when i come myself..my dad is comming maybe a month later...
but laptop , ipod , mobile phone are already duty free

Most Viewed