Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2010, 15:47   #16
BHPian

I really think you all should visit the new store PLEXUS in Jubilee Hills Rd. No. 36. This is one of the best stores I have seen in a long time and they are really oriented to customer service. They have a lot of good stuff you only heard about but may not have seen. Ask for Narendra for ICE.
Pedal2Metal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2011, 09:34   #17
BHPian

re: ICE installer in Hyderabad

I need to get my ICE tuned up, wiring checked and also a rear speaker doesnt give out sound. Any good place to visit in hyderabad to get it corrected?
Old 26th September 2012, 21:41   #18
Senior - BHPian

Okay I am new to this forum and I really have no clue how to start here until I stumbled upon this thread and found it quite fitting (even though there don't seem to be any recent posts).
SO here goes: I live here in Hyderabad and I am on the lookout for an ICE system I think I have a pretty good idea of what I need but I just DO NOT want to take any chances with fitting and was wondering if anyone knew a place here with knowledgeable people who could do an excellent job of installation.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 12:18   #19
BHPian

Hello Friends,
I am based out of Hyd and would need your help in identifying some very good audio people who can suggest and fit music systems for my swift without any hassles and good customer experience. They should have a very good technical know how on setting up different configurations suiting my requirements.
Thanks
Sunny
Old 15th October 2012, 13:05   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

There is this one installer (Shakir) who is excellent in ICE installations. His store is located in lane exactly opp to Shadan Women's College in Khairtabad.

However, I must warn you its not a fancy accessory store but, a very basic one but, he has excellent knowledge of music systems and can tune, install any ICE equipment for any class of cars. He regularly gets all high end cars for installations despite having a humble shop.

Many of the Hyderabad BHPians have installed/tuned their systems from him and were satisfied.

I would recommend buying the stuff from somewhere and go to him ONLY for installation

His contact info : 9849587861
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 22:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

I visited few shops in Hyd in last few months.

In January I visited Indian Decors in B'hills, road # 2. Wanted to buy Morel components. They were able to source them from Mumbai after 3 weeks. They were not offering any discounts. Their prices change every minute. Installation was also bad. After I saw them install a new Kenwood HU in my car, I did not feel like getting the speakers installed by them. BTW, never installed the speakers in the car I had then. They were good some years ago.

Couple of weeks back I bought Nissan Sunny and went to Xenex in Madhapur. They are very pricey and no discounts again. They sell on MRP. Bought Pioneer HU and JBL amp from them. Installation and tuning were worst.

My Morel speakers were not working after installing in Sunny. Also I wanted a woofer. I called Shakir and went to him. When I said I wanted a woofer, he immediately suggested a Sony bass tube. For components he suggested Focal. I wanted Infinity, but finally went with him. But for woofer, I said I wanted JBL. He suggested bass tube first. When I said I wanted sealed box he came up with JBL CS1215B woofer with sealed enclosure. He also added three sheets of damping (Bass FX brand which I never read on TBHP). I requested to him tune the entire setup for me, which I guess he did a decent job.

Conclusion is, of all the three installers I met, Shakir is the best. But one has to do homework on the components before going to him. He does decent job with installation and tuning. Though he doesn't stock any product, he can get the product you choose from the distributor at a reasonable price. All said, we need a more knowledgable installers in Hyd. All the big shops are after your money and have zero knowledge.
satish_appasani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2012, 19:31   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal2Metal View Post
I really think you all should visit the new store PLEXUS in Jubilee Hills Rd. No. 36. This is one of the best stores I have seen in a long time and they are really oriented to customer service. They have a lot of good stuff you only heard about but may not have seen. Ask for Narendra for ICE.
Thanks for that! what kind of store are they? Wide variety of products? Help you in understanding what you need? Do they also do installation properly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
There is this one installer (Shakir) who is excellent in ICE installations. His store is located in lane exactly opp to Shadan Women's College in Khairtabad.

However, I must warn you its not a fancy accessory store but, a very basic one but, he has excellent knowledge of music systems and can tune, install any ICE equipment for any class of cars. He regularly gets all high end cars for installations despite having a humble shop.

Many of the Hyderabad BHPians have installed/tuned their systems from him and were satisfied.

I would recommend buying the stuff from somewhere and go to him ONLY for installation

His contact info : 9849587861
So if I were to get an ICE installed by him, I would not later encounter vibrations etc? I mean he's not the kind of guy that rips off panels and splices wires right? My main lookout is good quality of installation.
Old 3rd December 2012, 16:45   #23
BHPian

Not strictly ICE but I installed Hella Red Grille and I am having trouble with it sometimes the sound is fine but other times it sounds really week. The Honda dealer refused to look at it as it's aftermarket.

Would someone like Chequered Flag or Hamid be a good option? I also need to upgrade my car's headlamps to a higher wattage.

Thanks!
Old 3rd December 2012, 17:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

I can vouch for Shakir's work. I had an issue with my stock 6-cd changer in my Fiesta last year.

The dealer said they would have to remove the system and send it to Ford, Chennai for repair, and gave an estimate of Rs 4000 for it. I got Shakir's number from a fellow bhpian and tried him out. He was very knowledgeable and did a commendable job, for around half the price. He also told me that most stock systems have a similar issues after 5 years of purchase, even in high end cars like Bimmers, etc.
Old 12th December 2012, 12:05   #25
BHPian

Shakir is one of the best ICE installers in Hyderabad and I do know of folks who travel from Chennai, Bangalore, Mumbai etc to get their setups done. My personal experience has been extremely good and he has setup all my previous cars. If you know what you want from your setup, he will give you pointers which can meet your requirement. It makes sense to procure the material if you have a contact in the accessories market else there are plenty of dubious ones available in the accessory outlets. The only reason I try to procure my material from him is I get genuine stuff and yes he may 100-200 Rs more but I get the peace of mind of the warranty and install quality.
Old 19th January 2013, 18:26   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparsh View Post
Shakir is one of the best ICE installers in Hyderabad and I do know of folks who travel from Chennai, Bangalore, Mumbai etc to get their setups done. My personal experience has been extremely good and he has setup all my previous cars. If you know what you want from your setup, he will give you pointers which can meet your requirement. It makes sense to procure the material if you have a contact in the accessories market else there are plenty of dubious ones available in the accessory outlets. The only reason I try to procure my material from him is I get genuine stuff and yes he may 100-200 Rs more but I get the peace of mind of the warranty and install quality.
I too vouch for Shakir's magic.

My ICE set-up was not upto my satisfaction. I had a decent Sony HU with Rockford Fosgate Prime Ovals in the rear.

I went to all the big stores, XENEX, SPROCKETS etc ; rather than trying to sort out my existing set-up,all they suggested was to install a set of comps up front with 4 Channel amps and so on, a minimum spend of 15k.

Having read about Shakir on this forum, I went to him this afternoon. He listened to some songs in peace and then very politely told me , " Sir, your set-up is Ok for this car. If you don't want to spend too much, I suggest you just change your front speakers." He also told me that he had a pair of alpine 350W co-axials with him, moderately used, willing to sell for Rs 1500.

Got them installed, plus he adjusted the wiring and the settings on HU. Altogether, my ICE sounds entirely different, a positive difference, I should add. Now I can listen to my Guns'n'Roses in style.

Also had the privilege of listening to some songs in Sparsh's Ertiga. I should say that could easily be the best sounding OEM ICE, all thanks to the double damping.

Shakir was also very happy to know that I'm a TBhpian. In his own words, 'Team BHP tho sab apne paas hi aata'. Overall a very satisfying experience

Last edited by autotranny : 19th January 2013 at 18:28.
Old 19th January 2013, 19:51   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
... My ICE set-up was not upto my satisfaction. I had a decent Sony HU with Rockford Fosgate Prime Ovals in the rear. ...
You mean you didn't have front speakers earlier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
... " Sir, your set-up is Ok for this car. If you don't want to spend too much, I suggest you just change your front speakers." He also told me that he had a pair of alpine 350W co-axials with him, ... In his own words, 'Team BHP tho sab apne paas hi aata'. ...
Nice. From your description he sounds like an accomplished salesman too.
Old 19th January 2013, 20:27   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
You mean you didn't have front speakers earlier?
Yes I did, but those were some cheap ones that I got free from the Hyundai dealer. Nothing to speak of, though they were also Pioneer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Nice. From your description he sounds like an accomplished salesman too.
Ha ha... he must have had his selfish intentions too.
Old 20th January 2013, 09:48   #29
BHPian

I need to fix reverse parking sensor/cam on my City. Any pointers for good installers and brands to look out for. Any shops in Sec'bad area.
Old 20th January 2013, 09:59   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
I need to fix reverse parking sensor/cam on my City. Any pointers for good installers and brands to look out for. Any shops in Sec'bad area.
Autocop or any such similarly popular brand should be good. Plenty of shops at Minister Road. You can just walk into any and get it fixed

If you have the product with you then Shakir is the guy to go to for installation ( anything ICE or Non-ICE related, he's good)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks