Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2009, 17:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
that used to fit like a horrible hump
So do you mean to say it was very loose fitting, or wouldn't fit at all?
Old 31st March 2009, 17:33   #17
BHPian

Check this site. I think this what is being referred.

WWW.MUTANT.UK.COM - Mutant Products: Mid Range Speakers
Old 31st March 2009, 17:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
So do you mean to say it was very loose fitting, or wouldn't fit at all?

I would say it does not fit at all.
Old 31st March 2009, 18:15   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
Check this site. I think this what is being referred.

WWW.MUTANT.UK.COM - Mutant Products: Mid Range Speakers

Yes this is indeed my components. Its a UK brand and like almost all other European brands it believes in sound quality and is very good for soft music , blues , jazz etc. Not bad for rock too.

Last edited by Baburajs : 31st March 2009 at 18:17. Reason: sentence restructuring
Old 31st March 2009, 21:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

baburajji where did you procure your mutant and sansui equipment? honestly, by the power ratings (40w nominal) mutant speakers seem ok, but they dont seem better than polk or jbl or nakamichi speakers!! but its your preference. if you gave us prices we could compare them to the products mentioned above, in that pricepoint. wouldnt want to just draw conclusions as to which is better without listening to them though :-)
Old 31st March 2009, 21:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Interesting conversation going on.
Never heard about mutant myself honestly.
Are they available for audition anyone in Delhi around?
Old 31st March 2009, 23:18   #22
BHPian

May be baburajs is the first one in team-bhp to procure and install mutant speakers. Congragulations mate and thanks for introducing us to a new product.

Can you please share the price details of the components,so that we can know what price range they rule.

Also please share some pics of speakers and installations.
Old 31st March 2009, 23:54   #23
BHPian

Yes, would love to see some real pics of the mutant speakers. baburajs pls do the honors
Old 1st April 2009, 00:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

what is this mutant never heard this name except in the movie X-MEN funny na.

babuji please do post some pic and a small review.
Old 1st April 2009, 00:22   #25
BHPian

i have heard of Sansui woofer.. i went to a dealer in chennai to find the rates of woofers and he said that if i was looking for a good cheap deal i should go for sansui woofer with rookwood amp (honestly never heard of rockwood) the sansui is a 800watts Sub i guess. he said that with fitting and box it would cost me somewhere around 6K.

but i went for a better deal.. JBL Cs 1250 Sub with JBL Gt5 A402 amp for an impressive price of about 6k excluding the box and wiring.
Old 1st April 2009, 00:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

I do not think mutant as a very big name in the small world of ICE. It will be like some one or two many show importing good from the far-east and selling it. The products on the website does not like to be of any good quality.

It is my personal opioion cannot comment on the sounding of the same.

About Sansui I have read in few place but have not seen there stuff till now...

Sansui SM-4000

And according to the above site all the amps are made by PPI (Precision Power)
Old 1st April 2009, 07:41   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Bong View Post
OT - did some googling, this had also come up in some home audio forums I'd been browsing - seems Sansui made some some pretty good old-school audio receivers...haven't heard or heard of their car audio though.
My Uncle still uses his Sansui Separates deck complete with a separate pre and power amplifier, CD player, Cassette player(gone kaput),AM/FM Tuner connected to a pair of BOSE 301 Bookshelf Speakers and it still sounds Heavenly after 18 years of usage, But never seen a Car subwoofer from Sansui,though.
Old 1st April 2009, 09:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
And according to the above site all the amps are made by PPI (Precision Power)
PPI itself is considered a producer of quality amps, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Edit: I googled Mutant car audio and this is what their website has to say about their products.
Quote:
Mutant's Theory of Mutation is a closely guarded secret, it states that all sound is related and has descended from a common cone: the amps and the subs, the speakers and the head units -- all related!. Mutant's theory presumes the development of sound from "The Magnet" and stresses a purely naturalistic (undirected and heavy on the bass) "descent with modification". This means , complex sound systems evolving from more simplistic ancestors naturally over time. As random genetic mutations occur within a sound system's genetic code, the beneficial mutations are preserved because they enhance the listening experience -- a process known as "bass selection." These beneficial mutations are passed on to the next generation. Over time, beneficial mutations accumulate and the result is an entirely different organism (not just a variation of the original, but an entirely different creature).
Prof. Mutant PhD
Umm. Wow.
Don't relate my comment to a judgment of those speakers because I have never listened to, read or heard about them, but I really wonder what is the research are of the prof- acoustics or marketing?

BTW, their site also mentions that Mutant brand is owed by company called "Armour Automotives" (Armour Auto [In-car Audio & Visual Entertainment Distributors]), which also owns many other brands. Out of them, I had heard about only two- Kicker and Orion. Don't know why there are so many "umbrellas" in audio industry that own many different brands (hope it is not like Delhi/Chennai based "manufacturers" that sell same Chinese imported stuff with various names!)
Old 1st April 2009, 13:39   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I do not think mutant as a very big name in the small world of ICE. It will be like some one or two many show importing good from the far-east and selling it. The products on the website does not like to be of any good quality.

I dont know about that but the speakers sound much better than polk and JBL. For me the sound quality is as follows in ascending order JBL->Polk->NakaMichi->Mutant

I gave 16K for the components + SubWoofer (With Amp).

The break up will be like 9K for the components + 7 K for the subwoofers.

May be you will tell me that its very costly. But I really liked them after auditioning all the four in the same car.

Mutant is slightly better than Nakamichi and way ahead of JBL.

My speakers are on the door pads so cannot take a photo. Let me see if I will be going to the shop where I got them , then I can take a photo and post it.

Please check this link. These are my speakers

WWW.MUTANT.UK.COM - Mutant Products: Euphony Component Speakers

Last edited by Baburajs : 1st April 2009 at 13:42. Reason: Adding info
Old 1st April 2009, 13:43   #30
Senior - BHPian

maybe if you give an incentive to the shopkeeper that if he allows you to take photos of the components, you might get him more prospective customers. why not try getting photos? for all you know, people here might want to buy these after looking at their quality. a few photos of the amp and sub atleast, since they are not hidden. and the tweeter and crossover too! since even they might not be hidden

Most Viewed