Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2009, 00:05   #1
Senior - BHPian

JBL GTO 1004 Amplifier Woes!!! EDIT - Now resolved

now this time its my bad luck working really good for me all over again , my JBL GTO 1004 amp installed in swift is acting up now.

My dad has been driving this car for past few months, and now today when i finally Installed the new set of JBL GTO 608s after the last time's water mixing with ICE issue, i found the rear channels of the amp bridged to power the CS1204 sub is not delivering any power, how ever the fronts are working very very fine.

I ran the comps from the rear and they dint work and i bridged the sub the Front and its working fine!!!

now can some one tell me if my AMP has gone KAPUT on the Rear channels??? i happen to check the fuses they are fine none blown at all.

did i end up busting a few ICs or Caps???

what would be the cost of getting them repaired and after the repair will the amp sound as sweet as before?

i am totally Psyched with this streak of Bad luck mates Please Help me out Please gurus out there...

EDIT : Samji can you please give me the official Dealer for Hyderabad now so that i can go them and this baby repaired please?

Last edited by rider60 : 4th April 2009 at 00:10.
Old 4th April 2009, 00:20   #2
BHPian

Dude Similar had happened to me,the circuit had broken due to short circuiting,i had abused it,kept it in hot conditions and put too much load on it.But please do wait for a GURU to help.
But if it is the case like mine then no problem,it can be fixed with not much of money and will work the same as it was before
Old 4th April 2009, 07:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

yash i think the official dealer is in prasads 1st floor.
Old 4th April 2009, 07:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

@dude
thanks man but they are more of the official distributors for Home audio than the car audio man, need to know the main dealer for the for the CAR AUDIO in the city mate, Previously it was the Notorious and GOOD FOR NOTHING sproket guys not any more hence the Question.

@abhayshanu
can you please explain what had gone wrong with your AMP and how did you get it fixed?.

i am suspecting the same in my car because this car of mine in particular, has the POWER Windows Roll up module, so i cant even keep half an inch glass open When the car is parked in the sun, they automatically roll up completely heating the car like an oven at times, and dad must have switched on the ICE before the car must have cooled down a bit all these days.

Hence this could have happened. please do elaborate.

Last edited by rider60 : 4th April 2009 at 07:42.
Old 4th April 2009, 11:04   #5
BHPian

I have only one amp for the sub and it is placed just below the front passenger's seat,also i have a habit of increasing the volume to very high levels not caring about anything.What had happened was - i was siting in the car windows rolled up (to increase sound in car),i was enjoying the song,so i kept on turning the volume up,i then smelt burning,and switched off the system and looked at the sub,as i though it had short circuited(it has happened to me before also),it was fine,and then i went to reduce bass from the amp,and when i touched it,my hand burned,i turned the car on,turned on the a/c and kept it at the FEET thing,i den took the amp out and kept it in front of it.after 10-15 mins it was cool so i reconnected it,but it was not playing loudly.i restored the earlier settings but still not much of a difference,so i took it to a guy who fixes amps and he said that it has short-circuited and it is not a problem,he can fix it for like 200-300 rupees,so i said yes.then i just collected it in a day.
I had asked him why this happened,and he said that,there are many ways and what happened could have been one of them.
But im not sure the circuit broke because of overheating or immidiate cooling.
I hope this help you and many more people.
Old 4th April 2009, 12:42   #6
Senior - BHPian

@rider60, from what I understood, you tried the speakers with the rear channels of the amp and they didn't work. But they worked when you tried them with the front channels of the amp.

Did you check to see if the RCAs going into the rear channels of the amp are pulled-out? If they are pulled out at the HU end or at the amp end, the rear channels will not give any output. If the RCAs (rear channels) are connected properly at the amp end, you can try connecting the them to the front channels (of the amp) and see if the fron speakers give output. If they don't, the RCAs have come off at the HU end, or there is something wrong with the RCAs.

Does the amp give any output (noise/whine/hiss etc) when the speakers are connected to the rear channels?
Old 4th April 2009, 12:48   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
EDIT : Samji can you please give me the official Dealer for Hyderabad now so that i can go them and this baby repaired please?
I don't know who this Samji is, but I can help.

You can call Pavan on 9391022361 and he will help you.
Old 4th April 2009, 12:52   #8
BHPian

The official outlet at Prasads is a dork - reached him out a couple of times for my car ICE and all he could say is - the grey market guys beat me up on business so I've given up on car audio business totally!
Old 4th April 2009, 13:23   #9
Senior - BHPian

@Mr.sam kapasi,
that was just hindi way of calling you samji, thats all thanks for the number just found out the address of the dealer from another shop and i think i will pay them a visit soon.

@hydrashok,

i checked all that, even the grounding and all the wring of the car, Remember this was my DIY install, checked all the wirings mate,

I Connected the SUB to the Front channels and its Playing, and i connected the comps to the front channels they are working. But there is not a single sound made when i counnected the comps or the sub to the rear channels.

The RCAs of both the Front and the Rear channels are Fine and the HU is pumping the signal front both the Front and Sub's PRE-AMP outs.

the HU i have is pioneer 6950 mate. I am running only the Front and Sub in this car with one jbl gto 1004 amp, No rear fills in this car at all.

I wrote in short after in the first post that the Rear signal from the amp is dead.
i happen to check all the wiring yesterday, thats running through all over the car mate, after slogging around for 3 Hours with checking all the wring , came to know the amps at fault.
Old 27th April 2009, 16:19   #10
Senior - BHPian

well got the problem fixed, its was the LPF/FLAT/HPF Switch on the amp that had gone bust, got it replaced and now my amp works like a charm.
Old 27th July 2009, 23:36   #11
BHPian

75.4 repair

Guys.. can someone let me know the contact details of a person / service center where I can get my JBL 75.4 repaired in Delhi . It's in a permanently tripped state !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks