Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2009, 20:21   #61
Senior - BHPian

wonderful. but i still have a soft spot for the linea :-)
does anybody know if the linea top of the line version (without the emotion pack) come with a removable head unit, or the same dodgy one as the Emotion pack?
Old 27th May 2009, 21:30   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
wonderful. but i still have a soft spot for the linea :-)
does anybody know if the linea top of the line version (without the emotion pack) come with a removable head unit, or the same dodgy one as the Emotion pack?
Nope, it comes with the same one without Blue and Me and controls on steering.
Old 27th May 2009, 21:33   #63
Senior - BHPian

doesnt matter. any new car i get, i shall remove the head unit, source the stock dash kit from usa/uk/italy (whatever it takes) and make sure i retain the steering controls.
good old mpr-999 can be put for sale then!

Last edited by frankmehta : 27th May 2009 at 21:34.
Old 28th May 2009, 17:07   #64
BHPian

The Linea or the Grande Punto will be the perfect cars. They're both excellent overall. However the Linea's engine is terribly underpowered! That's the biggest problem I had with it, it's just so...SLOW.

Hopefully the GP has a good hot hatch variant.

Not considering any SUVs?
Old 29th May 2009, 11:06   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
doesnt matter. any new car i get, i shall remove the head unit, source the stock dash kit from usa/uk/italy (whatever it takes) and make sure i retain the steering controls.
good old mpr-999 can be put for sale then!
I know the alpine 650 is not a great solution but we expect the Audison bit one and JBL soltions to be available freely soon.

many cars have other accessories : parking sensors, date/time/calendar functions, etc.. sharing a display with the OEM HU. this is going to be tougher to retain with a 3rd party HU.
Old 10th June 2009, 10:40   #66
BHPian

wonderful thread, but guys you cant end this discussion up here like this. C'mon, give your heads a good scratch and share your ideas/thoughts. There are more than one audiophile looking for inputs.

One thing is for sure, every post in favor of i20 is making my decision firmer to buy it.
Old 10th June 2009, 21:24   #67
Senior - BHPian

i am quite put off by the i20. it's not got an anaemic engine, but its not exciting either!

Linea,
Grande Punto,
Mahindra Scorpio (yes, there's a new entrant on the I want that thing list!)
Getz crdi (if its not sold out before i venture out to book it!)

That's all. It would probably be one of these 4, unless theres a new 'take my breath away' vehicle in the next 3 months.
Old 10th June 2009, 23:45   #68
Senior - BHPian

Frank, Scorpios (or any SUVs for that matter) aren't the easiest to ICE. Keep that in mind. The sound will never be as "tight" as in a sedan... too much of open space. I am running the same setup in my Scorp as I had in my Lancer, and it sounded much nicer in the latter.
My 2 cents, since ICE is a priority for you.

Last edited by razor4077 : 10th June 2009 at 23:46.
Old 10th June 2009, 23:57   #69
Senior - BHPian

Getz D.
Amazing Car and Great for ICE too.
Old 11th June 2009, 00:15   #70
BHPian

The Linea Can accomodate 6.5" comps in the front and I saw a guy putting in 6X9 inside the rear doors with a spacer and the best part is the door pads held up really well with all the bazz that the 6X9 was giving out and everything was done without any kind of damping , so that comforms the "Built like a tank" ™ factor of the car.

Even with the emotion pack you could go ahead and get a Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY or similar signal processors and have that totally stock look. But go for this only if you can live with the lethargic engine and the infamous dealers.
Old 11th June 2009, 00:43   #71
Senior - BHPian

Frank its not the car which sounds good its the components/equipments you use and the installer who does the job on your car

buy whichever car you like,as first preference is given to the drivability and then the next question comes about safety and then comes durability after that finally comes "Nautanki"

Lolz!!!
Old 11th June 2009, 02:01   #72
BHPian

my vote for Verna, Have you taken a test ride, if not do take it, at least to feel the torque and maneuverability.

I've driven it many times, (the top model with climate control + ABS) and i bet during acceleration, the co-passenger won't be able to pick up the glass which is on dash, it has got WILD effect and performance.

Verna Diesel model with ABS is around 8.8Lacs.

Also i don't feel comfortable with a idea of hatch back after using a sedan, you'll miss the boot, a lot.

Most Viewed