Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2017, 23:03   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Component Speakers without Amplifier

looking at them, my money is on fake!
best option would be to email dls or their local distributor to check authenticity
EDIT: the boxes seem to have the distri's seal on them, so possibly these are emerging market specials ?

Last edited by greenhorn : 12th June 2017 at 23:07.
Old 20th June 2017, 23:28   #32
BHPian

I see 3 different crossovers in the shared pic, maybe I am missing something.

I think you should first get the wiring connections checked to eliminate the noise issue, check the crossover wiring to - just to be sure i.e. mid-base and tweeter wiring on crossovers.

Motor Concepts is a well established and known store in Delhi NCR, I don't think they would indulge in selling a fake product to a customer, I hope you have the warranty intact on these speakers - speak with them and clear your doubts.

I would love to know how this gets resolved in coming days, do keep us posted on the progress.
Old 20th September 2020, 19:59   #33
BHPian

Is a Pioneer 5290 capable of powering a set of components and co-axials by itself? (No Amp)
Old 20th September 2020, 20:38   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Definitely yes, and the components will sound way better than stock speakers even off the Head Unit amp.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 18:25   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
^^ Definitely yes, and the components will sound way better than stock speakers even off the Head Unit amp.
Thanks for your reply!
Since these units have RCA outputs, would you know how they connect directly to the speakers instead of an amp?
Old 23rd November 2020, 21:57   #36
BHPian

Learnt some good lessons after trying to install speakers that supposedly work with both amps and without amps like Infinity reference and Alpine G series with the stock head unit in both XUV 300 and Amaze. . The peak output of the Amaze VX head unit is only 45 watts and struggled to drive the alpine G series.

Xuv 300's HU was able to drive the infinity reference 6530 nicely for the mids and highs but certain bass frequencies (~100 hz) were getting distorted (booming sound). Plastic spacers were replaced by wooden spacers but it did not help. The choice was to get a 4 channel amp to HPF the components and get a sub to play the lower frequencies. With the boot space being a premium, sub was ruled out. Adding an under seat sub was also not an option since I wont be able to HPF the components unless I find any pure passive HPF filters which can be used to bypass lower frequencies from reaching the components. Do they exist? Hence decided to take them out and switched to stock speakers. Some in the XUV owners forum has used Hertz and Focal auditor series components without such distortion issues but not Infinity reference 6530CX

The same set of speakers are now on my friends celerio, where it works wonderfully well with Blaupunkt Largo 970 Android HU.

Finally realized that these speakers will work without amps on after market HUs which have better inbuilt amps (at least 55 W for each channel). If you need to retain the HU, get a DSP or amp or at least an amp + DSP

Last edited by Sridhar K : 23rd November 2020 at 22:00.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed