Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2009, 23:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

As far as i remember when i played it, the title name was proper but the artist name and the album name was the one of the CD ( which i renamed through NERO)

There is a very noticable difference between the 320 kbps MP3 and the WAV ( 1xxx kbps) of the same song.
Old 9th April 2009, 01:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
As far as i remember when i played it, the title name was proper but the artist name and the album name was the one of the CD ( which i renamed through NERO)
Abhinav CD raw data and WAV are different when it comes to tagging. ACD tracks are converted into WAV and WAV files doesn't have any tag. They will just show as file names.

When you burn an Audio CD you can specify title, artist etc on individual tracks too and your player will pick it up, but if you have WAV on CD / USB it will show filename.
Old 9th April 2009, 02:26   #18
Senior - BHPian

I think frank you should be involved in ICE business rather than the doc profession
Old 9th April 2009, 02:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
I think frank you should be involved in ICE business rather than the doc profession
Doc turned ICE patient
Yes, he could be another LBM, who (if I am not mistaken) was merely an ICE enthusiast when he joined tbhp but later got into the business as well!
Old 9th April 2009, 10:15   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Doc turned ICE patient
Yes, he could be another LBM, who (if I am not mistaken) was merely an ICE enthusiast when he joined tbhp but later got into the business as well!
Very true..I was a ICE enthusiast but the correct source and good products made me come to the business.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:11   #21
BANNED

LoL!!!

Frank! If you're unhappy with the current HU, go ahead and upgrade it. Eventhough 9887 is a great HU, many gets tired with it's emphasized upper midrange sound nature.
Eclipse HUs sounds very good. But some models are a bit unforgiving to poor quality recordings and Mp3s. Your choice of that Kenwood is great. Upper segment HUs of Kenwood are very good and amazingly natural sounding (No emphasize on any sound bands/frequencies/spectrums). Not all will like that pure natural sound, so listen to a few high end Kenwood HUs before zeroing in.

As you've reached so far in understanding good sound and audio, be prepared to do away a bit with convenience and connectivity options. Forget gizmos like USB etc.. Maximum what you should look for is full speed iPod control. Some great HUs lack even that. Kcd01, HX-D2, Mcintosh 5000 etc are some examples. Some will not feature any sound enhancing features like TA, EQ, Crossovers etc.. I've seen a Mcintosh with nothing else but a volume control knob and cd slot!!! It costs almost 3 lacs I heard.

Well,
If you are happy with your current HU's sound but has the upgrade bug bitten on the wrong side of your body, then cool off for now. I've heard from some li'l birdie that a HU with all your wishes (including dolphins), bells and whistles is in the pipeline. Better wait till it's released, right?
Hey, was it a dream? LoL...
Old 9th April 2009, 12:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

hi zakkie! that was by far the most satisfying read in this thread. mostly because of the pipeline thingie. the kenwood x991 would have been the one I would have bought. but somehow the alpine DOES sound very good. and i am not prepared so stay without music for a month until the new babies come out from the pipeline. might just wait it out for the time being! UNLESS something comes out soon!
Old 9th April 2009, 12:26   #23
Senior - BHPian

I think Alpine iDA X305 is a good choice for you. See the link below. You may need to get a CD player separately.

Alpine iDA-X305

Some features include BurrBrown DAC, Bluetooth, USB, full iPod/iPhone support, etc. You may couple it with a DVD player or your existing 9887 and an amp.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

thank you vasoo. but the x305 has NO time alignment, and no in built bluetooth. and NO ability to play FLACS. its a waste of money, IMHO
Old 9th April 2009, 13:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

what about p80rsII ? its a good hu but no usb
Old 9th April 2009, 19:35   #26
BHPian

hey ive been reading a few back issues of the likes of CAE they have guys who have been using the dual head setup in conjunction with the 9887. maybe you can try something of the sort. i mean it aint worth throwing away a beauty like the 9887. took a lot to get and everything else with it right??
Old 9th April 2009, 21:10   #27
Senior - BHPian

thanks karan. but the p80rsII can support usb with the adaptor. but its as good as the 9887 then! in fact with one lesser feature, and that is good ipod integration.
valhallen, i dont understand what dual head means. can you elaborate?
Old 9th April 2009, 21:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

I think he means integrating a processor. Just like LBM is using.
Old 10th April 2009, 14:42   #29
BHPian

YES in a way saying that would be right where one unit is only the source and the other is only for processing. Its a nice work around to get the best of both worlds
Old 10th April 2009, 15:00   #30
Senior - BHPian

i aint too keen on a processor. selling the 9887 and getting another head unit is a good option. but as of now i dont see a new head unit that betters the 9887. the USB feature is something i miss, but im quite sure i can find a way around that. by burning more cds and playing the ipod!

Most Viewed