Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2009, 16:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
I am using Exide which came with the car,its been more than 1.5yr i havent checked over it running perfect.
I am also using Exide which came with my Getz, same colour as yours. It will be 2 years next months, so far no issues.

I plan to change to Amaron with a higher wattage next time. Hope next time is very far away. I am running 2 amps on the battery.
Old 27th April 2009, 01:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

Like everyone have said get he Amaron, may be a size bigger / higher amp battery.

Quote:
What is responsible for supplying a good constant stable voltage to the electrical components in a car? The battery or the alternator?
It's deffinately the alternator. Battery is the one which is storage bank of the Current, where as the alternator distributes and is the generator which keeps your battery charged.
In my opinion even if you get a better Battery and if you have weak alternator you still would land up with a weaker battery. I suggest get the Amaron and try looking for upgrading the alternator. I suppose you should be able to find one at the Opera House. With the higher alternator the charging time of the battery will be higher compared to the stock alternator. But, than it also depends whether it would fit in or not or if it requires any modification to fit one.
On a second thought why don't you change you battery as the cell is already weak and look for getting a Capacitor, half farad to one farad.
I had checked with the guys at Crutchfield.com once where I asked them the same question of upgrading the alternator or the battery. The reply I got was just to add a half a farad Cap if the system is generating below 1000RMS, if higher 1 farad and to leave the alternator and the battery part stock.

Last edited by Invinsible : 27th April 2009 at 01:04.
Old 27th April 2009, 01:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

id get the amaron battery and wait and watch. because i doubt the alternator is weak. got it checked last time around. was charging the battery well.. yeah, i might just go to chor bazaar and try my luck for a larger alternator. lets see what happens!
Old 27th April 2009, 10:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
id get the amaron battery and wait and watch. because i doubt the alternator is weak. got it checked last time around. was charging the battery well.. yeah, i might just go to chor bazaar and try my luck for a larger alternator. lets see what happens!
Nah...No need frank to spend more here. If there is some issues with the stock one get it serviced it will be more than enough for your job as you would be going loud. If you very going loud then I would have suggested the same.
Old 27th April 2009, 10:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have my amaron for the last 3 and a half years & has never let me down despite of the abuse.
Old 27th April 2009, 11:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

oh k guys. thanks for the suggestion. might get the battery checked on wednesday now.
Old 27th April 2009, 13:19   #22
BANNED

Diesel cars normally comes with bigger batteries so no issue with them my DDiS is having 65 ah battery, next will sure put the Amaron or Bosch 70ah battery, as during loud music or big thumps can see the headlight is also dimming a bit.
Old 5th May 2009, 20:49   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
oh k guys. thanks for the suggestion. might get the battery checked on wednesday now.
Ok Frankie. What did you finally go in for?

Rgds,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks