Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2009, 14:36   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherishk View Post
Where is this EVO and when are you planning to go there? My office is near to Jayanagar, if it is near, I can drop by.
Its in Cambridge Layout near ulsoor police station.Car will be there from the time they open till late evening.
Old 29th April 2009, 14:45   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
the prices coated to you by auto fusion are decent go with it.

in case you are not sure about the price of amp then don't buy it, will again say buy the gz or jbl amp that are in classified section you will not regret.

I would have bought it if it was in Bangalore. Don't want to take risk in transportation. And also want to install it this friday.
Old 29th April 2009, 15:30   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
The latest grey market price for the JBL 1004 is ~8.5k.

You can pick up Illusion Electra EL 6.1, 25sq.ft Noisekill damping and the Ground Zero 8 gauge wiring kit from Hermit Audio. Mr.Bass&Trouble who works there is a reasonable man.

As Frank said, you can get the JBL GT5-12 sub and a 1.0 cu.ft sealed enclosure made out of 0.75" thick MDF.

Get the install done by Evo @ IndiraNagar. Blueraven is also a reasonable man.
From where did you get these prices? Are these from Autofusion?

I checked with Autofusion and they are quoting 12.3k
EVO - 11.5k (something not sure)

My concern is this will shoot my budget up by 3-4k

If am being taken for a ride, can somebody let them know or help me in my endeavor
Old 29th April 2009, 18:16   #49
BHPian

People running into trouble with Kenwood HU and Illusion Electra compos.

I would need some contingency alternatives for the both.

Pioneer 7950UB seems old model, everybody is saying its not available. Any other alternative near to 10k in Pioneer or other brand which is compatible to ipod (most important)?

Front Components - no idea which will be closer to Illusion Electra - clear music (not loud kinds).
Old 29th April 2009, 18:25   #50
Senior - BHPian

The Illusion Ejectra is quite a brilliant sounding set. Just for the sake of completing the install soon you must not make a compromise on any equipment. Even the Pioneer 7950ub would be a compromise over the Kenwood. My honest suggestion is to take a deep breath and source what you have zeroed in on. And then take the plunge
Old 29th April 2009, 18:48   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
People running into trouble with Kenwood HU and Illusion Electra compos.
What trouble? I have not heard of anything with either of these components. Can you specify what you have heard?
Quote:
Pioneer 7950UB seems old model, everybody is saying its not available. Any other alternative near to 10k in Pioneer or other brand which is compatible to ipod (most important)?
As I have said before, why dont you check out Clarion DXZ 785 USB? It has iPod and USB compatibility, Time Alignment, 24 bit DAC and a lot many features which you would normally find in 'expensive' HUs. I have one installed in my car (I upgraded from Pioneer 5050) and the difference in sound is quite a lot. Do check out the thread that I mentioned on the first page.

And with the right sources, you might get it for around 10-11k. So thats a very good deal above Pioneer/Kenwood anyday.
Quote:
Front Components - no idea which will be closer to Illusion Electra - clear music (not loud kinds).
Contrary to the popular belief, I DID NOT find the Electras laid back. I in fact find them quite natural and balanced. They can go loud and clear if supplied with the right power/amplification and are very adept at playing all genres of music equally well. At that price point, I think no other component matches the sound of Electras. But then again, its my perspective. Many others might differ.

I will just reiterate what others might have mentioned before - do not jump into the install. Else, you will constantly be upgrading and will never get a chance to enjoy your set up long enough.

Set a budget and explore the best you can get for that price. And do not negate the Classifieds section. You can actually get some very good deals there. e.g. Frank's GZ amp, Tanvir Gill's 75.4 amp etc.
Old 29th April 2009, 19:13   #52
BHPian

@NishantGandhi....

What I meant was am unable to find Kenwood 6539 HU (enquired at 3 places). Not that they sound bad.

Regarding the Clarion 785, is it available in Bangalore? In case you know any place, let me know. I will be more than glad to go to any extent to get right things at right price.

Will fight for the Illusion Electra.

If I can't get much of the set up in one shot I may plan to install the setup in parts.
Old 1st May 2009, 00:32   #53
BHPian

I went to Autofusion to get more clarity and check the availability of products

This is what he has suggested.

It seems he has a set of rainbow compos (CS 265) and rear coaxials (K 6x9). He is planning to give it for 7.5k + 7k with B&W. Supposedly this is dead cheap compared to market price.

So was contemplating of putting these instead of Illusion Electra. What say?

Since it is taking my bduget up, he suggested me using JBL GTO 504 which he is giving for 8.9k (1004 he says he can give for 12k max).

Now this is how my set up looks.

HU - Kenwood 6539
Rainbow compos and coaxials
JBL GTO GTO504
Wiring and damping, he is using JBL I guess.

Suggest how good the setup is. Major changes happened.
Old 1st May 2009, 00:42   #54
Senior - BHPian

cherish.
the cs 265 set costs way more than what has been quoted. i find something fishy here. if they are used, he should be telling you that.
also, the 504 does 55*4. if you do not plan to use a sub ever, its fine, but i guess it might underpower the sub. so the 1004 should be considered over it.
somehow it looks like you feel the amplifier is not important. trust me, it is.
id suggest you look into this component set.
also, rear fills worth 7 k is a LOOT. do not spend more than 3k on them!
get the jbl 938 instead. vfm and good quality.
Old 1st May 2009, 00:47   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm
somehow it looks like you feel the amplifier is not important. trust me, it is.
Seems Cherishk cherishes music in a hurry!
Old 1st May 2009, 00:56   #56
Senior - BHPian

are you sure about the model #, as CS comes under the germanium series and they are far far more expensive then what the guy has coated you.
Old 1st May 2009, 01:10   #57
BHPian

The reason he said is... it was the last available piece and something phasing out, dont remember though. The MRP is 19k is what he said. He will give warranty also. I assume Autofusion guys can be trusted from what I learn from Team BHP.

I too was thinking of not going for Rear coaxials with so much cost. Will cut that and put the money in 1004 for 12k.
Old 1st May 2009, 01:30   #58
BHPian

I am also thinking of buying certain things in grey market especially the AMP. How reliable is it? Have you people heard of things like not working? Is it worth taking risks?
Old 1st May 2009, 01:43   #59
BHPian

I would think the pioneer 5050ub would be your best bet. I'm surprised it hasn't been given priority. I'm a newbie with audio so I won't say anything much, I feel it's a great HU and I got mine for 5something(k).That'll save your budget too. Plays ipod,usb,aux in and has a great equalizer. Also looks good.
Old 1st May 2009, 08:58   #60
Senior - BHPian

as i said be sure before buying rainbow component's. try and i ask him the exact model #, and if can post some pics of the compo that would be even better.

there is no problem buying stuff from grey market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks