Team-BHP - Accoustics for Swift
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Accoustics for Swift (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/5815-accoustics-swift.html)

Audio experts ... your views needed on

a. which audio system should be best for swift
b. Speakers
c. How much it will cost.

Please advise for the benefit of all the future swift owners.

well hackett, the swifts god a double din space so u cld use anythng here depends on ur budget buddy.The safest is to get a pioneer single cd & mp3 changer with tuner or a double din fit in with a casette player too (cost approx7- 10k in grey market.) coupled with matching 2/3 way speakers with front mounted tweeters(approx 6k for spkrs and 2k for tweeters) should do the trick.then it depends on u bud, the more sugar u add, the sweeter your coffees gonna be. think you can get a decent sound from somewhere around 20-23k total.can be 15-18k even if ure ready to compromise

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16
...the swifts god a double din space ..... double din fit in with a casette player too ....

Not too sure i follow... stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by epyupc
Not too sure i follow... stupid:

I'm no expert myself, but what I understand is that single-DIN is your normal head unit. Like this one....

Whereas double-DIN is a head-unit like this one...

The Swift has space for a double-DIN head unit in its center console. Or you can install two single-DIN units (like a CD player and a cassette player). See here....

Experts, please correct me if I am wrong in my understanding. Also, I am still scratching my head wondering what DIN means. :confused:

see http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...ed=1#post86358

budget 35-45K.

John Jacob, you are right with DIN sizes. Most cars in India have single DIN sized openings for HU's.

Hackett, I havent seen a swift yet so I am not sure about the DIN size in it. You will have to check it yourself.

HU: You get both double DIN and Single DIN HU's in the market. Double DIN's normally play cassettes and CD's. You can add a CD changer later if a single cd player isnt enuf. Pioneer, Kenwood and Alpine all make double DIN units.

Single DIN you will have a lot of options from Sony, Kenwwod, Pioneer, Alpine. Personally I think Pioneer's are best value for money and some of their high end HU's rock! Alpine are good but a little pricey! You can buy a single CD/MP3 player or a cassette player and add a seperate cd changer. Could cost 7/8000 for a single CD HU or a min. of 12/13000 for cassette HU with a changer.

Speakers: Get component speakers for the front and mount the tweeters on the dash or the A pillars. Around 6,000. Blaupunkt or Alpine.

Ordinary Co-axials or 2 or 3 way 6X9 speakers for the rear doors or rear shelf will suffice. Around 3.000. Pioneer/ Sony.

That could be your basic system. You can always keep adding and changing in car audio, so try to build on your system over a period of time.

And always listen to the system before you decide what to buy. At the end of it all, the sound has to please you and your ears no matter what others SAY!

Hope I have helped.

DIN – An acronyme for Deutsche Industrie Normen, an industry standard applied to the most common chassis size of dash mounted head units. This approximately 2” by 7”.

Thanks for the info dmitri. Always wondered about that, but never got around to trying to find the answer!

If you don't use cassettes (what are those!?!) anymore, I fail to see the point of getting a double DIN unit. I would get a decent mid-range head unit and spend the extra dosh on some high quality speakers.

P.s. Anyone have an idea how much in-dash CD changers cost nowadays? I had asked about that a few years ago, but the prices were crazy at the time. Rs.65,000 if I remember correctly.

the only in dash Cd changer i know of is the Nakamichi MB70/MB75 and yes they are expensive and are NOT MP3 compatible.

BTW DIN covers a lot of standards. In the old days radios came to 2 standards. DIN and 2 hole US. Slowly the US standard lost. Now only if they give up feet and farhenheit! :-)

Found this Blaupunkt IDC-A09 CD Changer

Rtech, This is the same set as built-in with radio/tape player..comes in Optra.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjacob
Also, I am still scratching my head wondering what DIN means.

DIN: Deutsches Institut für Normung eV
You can check google

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Rtech, This is the same set as built-in with radio/tape player..comes in Optra.

yea, it did look familiar. Remind me to carry my screwdriver next time I'm in your car ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin
the only in dash Cd changer i know of is the Nakamichi MB70/MB75 and yes they are expensive and are NOT MP3 compatible.

BTW DIN covers a lot of standards. In the old days radios came to 2 standards. DIN and 2 hole US. Slowly the US standard lost. Now only if they give up feet and farhenheit! :-)

Nakamichi MB-100 was a indaash 6 CD changer ... Was very expensive about 75K and very sensitive to indian conditions ...
But i think a new one is out now is called MB VI 6 ... But dont think it has MP3 ... You can buy the 300 or the 500 if u want MP3
Nak's are for listening to pure music doesnt have the dynamics required for dance or rock

blaupunkt also has an in dash cd changer, so does eclipse