Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 13:30   #76
Senior - BHPian

Looks fantastic, Shreyas, real professional job.

* Are the midbasses in a box, or is that rexine-covered profile only an MDF sheet?

* What are those ersatz chrome-plated holders holding up the, errr..., balls? Looks like a light holder of some kind

* Paint chipping already! No primer / base coat before black paint?
Old 6th April 2010, 19:33   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
No money for a good camera .
If one frequents ICE section on team-bhp, the chances of having money left for anything else is rare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Thanks Anant. TA has worked in my case. I marked the center of mid bass and tweeter and measured distance to this centre. What I set on the HU was just one step more than what I had measured. Same was done to the right channel. Its excellent now.
Great. So only thing I am missing now is an audition. Hope to have it soon.
Old 6th April 2010, 23:04   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Looks fantastic, Shreyas, real professional job.

* Are the midbasses in a box, or is that rexine-covered profile only an MDF sheet?
Thanks for the comments.

No. its just 1inch mdf cut to sit on the doorpad in the similar shape. its covered with 5 mm foam sheet and art leather to give it a spongy look.
I actually didnt like the outcome due to the colour of the material and it was not very stretchable inspite of using a heat gun. Very soon to change it and do something about the holes from the previous tweeter.

Quote:
* What are those ersatz chrome-plated holders holding up the, errr..., balls? Looks like a light holder of some kind
I bought a show accessory that was one piece with a temperature guage and compass for Rs 20 in a reliance mart sale(Similar to the below picture). Removed the guages, cut it into 2 halves and fixed the ball to it

My White Horse - Project BLING! BLING! BLING! - DIY ICE for Zen-sku_27850_1.jpg

Quote:
* Paint chipping already! No primer / base coat before black paint?
I asked the painter to paint it matt black assuming he will have the commonsense to apply primer before. I only came to know the truth that the black went on it directly only when it chipped. Now that I am happy with the outcome of the adjustable mounts, I will get it primered and painted again.

Should I get the chome part painted to black or leave it as such? any suggestions?

Apart from this I also have to make the cabling part look neat on the amp board.

I kept few things pending on purpose because I will get bored if I finish everything in one go. My hands keep tickling to do some or the other thing when free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
If one frequents ICE section on team-bhp, the chances of having money left for anything else is rare.

Great. So only thing I am missing now is an audition. Hope to have it soon.
You are most welcome to do it as soon as you return.

Last edited by shreyasma : 6th April 2010 at 23:11.
Old 1st June 2010, 10:06   #79
BHPian

Hey! Where did you get that tweeter mount from, the shiny, metallic thing? I want it too for my Zen.
Old 1st June 2010, 12:26   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Hey! Where did you get that tweeter mount from, the shiny, metallic thing? I want it too for my Zen.

It was a DIY thingy. See this post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ml#post1824271

You get it in any of the accessory shop.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks