Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2009, 14:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
*rolling my eyes* So now he bought a subwoofer that had no box? He got you a sub which had already been placed in an enclosure?

What does that mean?
It seems the speaker was already was inside a local made enclosure. I was not aware of it initially as I left the place for some work when they fitted it. While we were discussing about the warranty cards I came to know about it. I know my fault, should've been there during the whole time.

Quote:
So he paid regular market price and purchased speakers with missing holograms, mixed up warranty cards and a subwoofer with no outer carton. And got no bill for his purchase.

So he paid regular market price and purchased speakers with missing holograms, mixed up warranty cards and a subwoofer with no outer carton. And got no bill for his purchase.

Kaushik, your friend bought a pair of components with no holograms on them. His warranty card was suspect. He got no bill. Ergo no official warranty. Warranty claims are complete only with a hologrammed warranty card and a copy of the invoice. Otherwise all warranty claims are rejected immediately.
The invoice is there, sorry that I missed to mention it explicitly. He did got a proper bill but not proper warranty cards(or suspects as you've put it correctly).

Quote:
His speaker did not work out of the box (this is almost impossible for a JBL speaker, search the entire forum to see if anyone has had a problem like that with any JBL speaker - JBL QC stands at one of the highest in the industry)
Yeah, I trust JBL for that and hence at that point I started suspecting that the things are not in order. And I started checking the bills, warranties and the boxes. This is the 4th installation of ICE on my advice (to my friend circle) and most of the time they go for basic setup and I happily tell them to go for JBL. And never any issue have occurred, infact I found the SQ of this series to be tad better than the one's I've (probably due to new x-over design) when I checked a similar setup that got installed in another friend's i10, at Evo. So including my system this is the 5th installation that I've overseen and for the first time some issues came up and I'm actually to blame for that for my oversight.

Quote:
His dealer offered to replace the offending speaker on the spot with another piece from another box. Good for your friend, I am glad that his dealer gave him some service. Normally that is not the warranty procedure.
The warranty card has to be clearly filled out and the dealer has to register the serial number with his supplying distributor. Then replacing the speaker is done after approval from the H.O. - emergency approvals can be made by the distributor of the state who then settles it later with the H.O.

I guess your dealer took that procedure upon himself. Shrug. Like I said, good for your friend and honourable of the dealer.
That's really a good news and good to know about it. And I've checked the warranty cards and the cards seems to have some details on it. I'll post the photos of the cards by this weekend.

Quote:
But seriously Kaushik... I feel like spanking you, lol. Now go to Satya and ask him to take everything apart and install it again.
Yeah, I know, I should be kicked for this. I should've at least forced him to go to Satya for the installation but I don't like forcing people too much. I just give my advice and let them make their own decisions. But atleast I should've been careful enough to check the warranty cards on the spot and not to accept them without holograms.
Will talk to Satya this weekend to see if he is free sometime and help my friend out. Actually we were (me and my friend) even planning to swap his speakers to my system and check how it runs. Hope something good will come out at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Missing in Bass but lots of treble. It could be something simple as wrong polarity of wiring to speakers which is canceling out the bass.
Yeah, that's also I'm suspecting and hence want to test the speakers in my car before I go to Satya for re-installation.

Well E_L, the speakers are bought under B&W (or that's what we thought) and hence we're worried more. Some un-suspecting customers can be very easily conned this way. I'm not saying that we are conned knowingly ( that dealer looked like a genuine guy and as I said before and probably he himself is not aware as he is new guy) but this can happen.

Last edited by kaushik_s : 15th May 2009 at 15:01.
Old 17th May 2009, 23:23   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But seriously Kaushik... I feel like spanking you
Is it just me or does this sound funny to the rest of you as well!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks