Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2009, 14:46   #31
BHPian

SO i think it might be safe to say that this thread will be a little short on usage except for a demo car which is going to be towed around or rarely driven. in which case it would be like a travelling studio. makes sense but to a company for a showcase. it would really make sense for a regular person if we had proper shows like the SEMA of the states. unlike the half foot it the grave DB Drag we have here.
Old 22nd May 2009, 15:04   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I had a Honda Prelude which had the active noise cancellation long ago (since it was a experimentation vehicle for Honda).
I don't know of any active noise cancellation which is generic for all noise.
Yes the Prelude was the car I was refering to when I talked about a Jap car manufacturer's experiments with making the car's cabin totally silent. In fact the Legend (Acura) was engineered to have the "right" ammount of engine noise in the cabin.

Today's DSP power allows one to apply any degree of noise cancellation one desires. The question however is if all this noise cancellation is really desired. One might want a silent cabin to enjoy music more but the same technology will make driving less safe. One can processes our engine drone (but the driver wont be able to tell what the car is doing then), road noise (tyre noise), and even selectively the noise of external traffic (so you can hear the 18 wheeler's horn but not the rattles caused by the rickshaw running along side) but in the end does this all lead to a better, safer, driving experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
SO i think it might be safe to say that this thread will be a little short on usage except for a demo car which is going to be towed around or rarely driven... it would really make sense for a regular person if we had proper shows like the SEMA of the states. unlike the half foot it the grave DB Drag we have here.
Lets understand one thing. It is for sure that a good audio system (say using the HXD2, Audison VRx and Dynaudio 362 etc..) will make music more enjoyable than a mid-fi one (even in traffic) but the point being made was that after a certain level (this will be different for each of us) there comes the realiszation that further upgradation might not be noticable (to be enjoyed) under regular urban driving conditions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks