Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2009, 11:31   #16
Team-BHP Support

why not use a speakon connector on the sub instead of speaker connectors on the opposite wall?
Old 6th July 2009, 16:23   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Your sub enclosure looks good. Where did you get fibreglass done and how much?
Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
Hey Ak nice enclosure there, Is this was a diy or you purchased it. Any particular reason for going with FG then MDF.
Thanks guys, It was custom built by Satya at EVO Cambridge Layout. Cost me around 3K. Chose FG because I wanted a custom shape and a space saver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
GHPK: I got the Blau GTA4MKII in 5200 incl B/W!!

@AKi10: I hope you didn't put Illusions/Bulls blindly. You can tune things and set it up to play quite cleanly (and I'm running a GTO608c off a pio 5050 - as chan chan as it gets).

IMHO, most BHPians lazily advocate changing equipment at a monetary loss - when 80% odd can be improved by just better tuning. Not that I am good at it - but I've seen a decent bit so far and I think its manageable.

My 608c components costed 3800 gray, much more VFM anyday than Illusion/Bull at 6.5/7k respectively!

And yes, you have a lovely sub enclosure. super awesome - I would much rather leave the sub at home for enough boot space! What was the cost?
I haven't purchased the compos yet. Still deciding. I might still go the JBL way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
why not use a speakon connector on the sub instead of speaker connectors on the opposite wall?
Thought about it, but then didn't want to put any leakes in the box.

Regards,
Alex
Old 6th July 2009, 17:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Very well made and good looking woofer enclosure. BTW, does the cut out grill on the parcel shelf aid in bass distribution inside the cabin?

OT - nice alloys. How much?
Old 6th July 2009, 23:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKi10 View Post
... Thought about it, but then didn't want to put any leakes in the box. ...
The wires to the sub would need a hole that needs sealing any how, doesn't it? The connector plate could have been sealed the same way. Either soft rubber sheet (not foam) or silicone 'glue' (used for washbasin and bathtub grouting) between the connector and the wall!
Old 7th July 2009, 02:07   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Very well made and good looking woofer enclosure. BTW, does the cut out grill on the parcel shelf aid in bass distribution inside the cabin?

OT - nice alloys. How much?
Thanks to Satya, the cut out grill does help in bass distribution inside the cabin. I might need to rework on the cut out portion.

Those alloys were love at first sight. They came up to around 13K for 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
The wires to the sub would need a hole that needs sealing any how, doesn't it? The connector plate could have been sealed the same way. Either soft rubber sheet (not foam) or silicone 'glue' (used for washbasin and bathtub grouting) between the connector and the wall!
Well I guess the damage is done. But definitely could have got it done on the box itself.

I will post some pics of the HU. Haven't taken them yet.

Regards,
Alex

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks