Old 4th June 2009, 11:37   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
questions
Bling or sound
SPL or SQ
I think 10 L would ensure that there need be NO compromises

This could very well be super SQ, extreme SPL, awesome Bling setup, if all goes as well as we imagine and hope it would!
Old 4th June 2009, 11:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

HU can be alpine,Clarion,nakamichi,macintosh etc.

dynaudio only make speakers.

also contact speedzak.he'll advise you on some good installed down south.in bangy etc.

come on people give the guy some good options.do you guys think that a 10 lakh system deserves anything less than a HXD2 or macintosh or nakamichi cd700.

the steg amps stated by abhinav are very good.

for the more advise contact tbhp member zucchero.till date he has been the best audiophile here.he's got very good equipment.
Old 4th June 2009, 11:42   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Illusion Audio Carbon series ND6.1 in fronts-----> ~35k
Why not Horns in the front? I think our friend will be very happy with the sound if the installation is great!
Old 4th June 2009, 11:43   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
HU can be alpine,Clarion,nakamichi,macintosh etc.

dynaudio only make speakers.

also contact speedzak.he'll advise you on some good installed down south.in bangy etc.

come on people give the guy some good options.do you guys think that a 10 lakh system deserves anything less than a HXD2 or macintosh or nakamichi cd700.

the steg amps stated by abhinav are very good.

for the more advise contact tbhp member zucchero.till date he has been the best audiophile here.he's got very good equipment.
http://www.dynaudio.com/eng/pdf/Esotar2_1200.pdf

JBL Car & Marine Audio

How should we compare the products ? I mean in general I should have an idea to differentiate them.
Old 4th June 2009, 11:45   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
I think 10 L would ensure that there need be NO compromises

This could very well be super SQ, extreme SPL, awesome Bling setup, if all goes as well as we imagine and hope it would!

I got a big day today.Should check all the configs given by the members
Old 4th June 2009, 11:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

Oh common man you are comparing jbl with Dynaudio esotar (no offense to jbl listeners), i like to know one thing what all audio you have heard till now both in car and home this will make us more clear that what you want.

Do you want you system loud or just loud that only you can enjoy it. First decide what all you want from your ice to do and then decide the equipements. I can list many equipement that can over do your budget some brands rainbow,dynaudio,tru,image dynamics,focal.
Old 4th June 2009, 11:58   #22
BHPian

If you plan to do engine mods, it would be better if you do it before the ICE install.

Are you planning of repainting the car and getting custom body kit etc.

If you are able to get the stuff from U.S itself, the costs would be much less and you get very good brands for a bargain also.

Last edited by hemanthisgreat : 4th June 2009 at 12:00.
Old 4th June 2009, 12:01   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Frank why not master strokes.

Eclipse 7200 MKII HU -------> ~ 30k
Illusion Audio Carbon series ND6.1 in fronts-----> ~35k
Illusion Audio Carbon series ND6.1 at rear-------> ~35k
Ground Zero GZNW 15SPL x 2 - 240k
Dynamat extreme damping all over-----> ~18k
Fibreglassing door panels ------> ~5k
Illusion Audio Speaker cables------> ~5k
Supra RCA Cables cables-------> ~15k
Steg Master Stroke x 3 -------> ~540k
Installation -----> ~20k
Power Cables and All -----> ~10k

Total ~ 950k

p.s. you can be very happy with a 2 lakh setup or a 1 lakh setup as well.
Frank ??? Can't I suggest something ?? :(

Anyway, I don't think its wise to use Masterstrokes in this setup, K series would be more than sufficient.
Dynaudio is also worth considering and will be something else if mated with the right equipment and installed properly.

As for HU, you can consider,

Alpine, Pioneer ( P90RS if possible), Eclipse and so on.
Old 4th June 2009, 12:33   #24
BHPian

tut tut , everyone's giving the wrong advise!. Where's the jacuzzi , Plasma tv, Cigar lighter,chiller tray,International satellite TV(Woody Harrison is king),country music on worldspace and wee little spot for Beyonce to park herself once this ride's complete?!?!?

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 4th June 2009 at 12:35.
Old 4th June 2009, 12:41   #25
BHPian

Check out installs by Gunbir , Autophile members on the forum. They are distributors of world class products like Dynaudio,Rainbow ,Genesis ,SEAS etc. A class apart. I would reckon a trip to Delhi is not out of order here. PM them for demos etc.
Old 4th June 2009, 12:52   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
Oh common man you are comparing jbl with Dynaudio esotar (no offense to jbl listeners), i like to know one thing what all audio you have heard till now both in car and home this will make us more clear that what you want.

Do you want you system loud or just loud that only you can enjoy it. First decide what all you want from your ice to do and then decide the equipements. I can list many equipement that can over do your budget some brands rainbow,dynaudio,tru,image dynamics,focal.

one of my friends has got a JBL system in his swift.I listened to this song in his system and it was so clear.I can clearly listen to each and every bit.The quality of the sound is so good and in one word it's addictive,addicted to the quality of sound it produced.And remaining systems I've listened are common in every car,and in my dad's audi a8 BOse 12speaker 1000W,that sounded pretty impressive,techno songs were really cool.But I've felt JBL has given me more satisfaction than the audi a8's music system,I was unable to differentiate between BOSE system and JBL,but for techno BOSE SOUNDED THE MACHO !

And montero's RF system is "ok" types with JBL and BOSE.
Old 4th June 2009, 12:57   #27
BHPian

Are you looking for a good looking system or a good sounding one or both?

If only sounding then go for a normal HU if you want a good looking system then go for a LCD HU with a sound processor for enhanced sound, also you can have a boot with fiberglass custom made enclosure painted to match the car's color or any other color you want, just like the ones many demo cars have, get a few 15" subs, and monos for each, then arrange the subs in a decent manner and invert the amps and open them up put them in a see through enclosure and let the fans see it and burn of envy, get fiberglass pods and paint them the color of the car or any color you desire and ofcourse show off the cross overs, also dont forget capacitors for the extra 'tech', it doesnt do much but looks great with such a system. Do paint the car a color unique, so as to stand out. Also open up a thread in the moddifications thread so that more performance suggestions can be made. Oh yeah, get a good body kit also, it really enhances the cars looks.
For brands, go for steg, audiobahn, groundzero, etc, no need for JBL stuff.

1 more thing when reading or asking about the product only consider the RMS value and not the Max wattage, as max can be reached once in a while where as RMS is what is continuous power.

Last edited by abhayshanu : 4th June 2009 at 12:59.
Old 4th June 2009, 13:02   #28
Senior - BHPian

As per me most of the OE system are crap they all sounds the same, this is why i asked you the Questions what all systems you have listened to if you liked the jbl system then there is no need to spend 1000k on the audio, this all your personal choice. As you said you were not able to differentiate between the 2 will say first hear some good ice install and then decide.

As SK456 suggested get in touch with gunbir/autophile they can help you with your install pming you there contact numbers.
Old 4th June 2009, 13:28   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
As per me most of the OE system are crap they all sounds the same, this is why i asked you the Questions what all systems you have listened to if you liked the jbl system then there is no need to spend 1000k on the audio, this all your personal choice. As you said you were not able to differentiate between the 2 will say first hear some good ice install and then decide.

As SK456 suggested get in touch with gunbir/autophile they can help you with your install pming you there contact numbers.

I want to go for some hi-tech sound systems you mentioned.I will go through each and every company mentioned here.And then I will contact them in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
Are you looking for a good looking system or a good sounding one or both?
and 1 more thing when reading or asking about the product only consider the RMS value and not the Max wattage, as max can be reached once in a while where as RMS is what is continuous power.

Bro ! you got my point.I want good looking good sounding system.And you cleared off my doubt with the comparison thing and remaining of your post,that's what I want ! I want my friends to feel jealous
Old 4th June 2009, 13:56   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwAddict View Post
No other HUs other than eclipse ? dynaudio etc etc ?
Consider Denon, Nakamichi, McIntosh or the Alpine F1 models. Each of these would push 50K for the HU alone. Many like the HXD2 or TD1200 only play CD no MP3 or other formats. So if you want to have something that has MP3 the Eclipse is a good option, Clarion's and the Alpines are others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwAddict View Post
lHow should we compare the products ? I mean in general I should have an idea to differentiate them.
Listen.

HU: MP3 compatile: Eclipse, Alpine, Clarion (other than the HXD2)
Amps: Steg, Audision (VRx), Sinfoni, Tru C7, and this one (ok it aint made anymore) Car Audio - ADCOM
Speakers: Dyn, SS (you have to DIY a a bit), JL (subs), ID (subs), GZ (subs), DLS, Rainbow, Illusion, Kappa Perfect (Infinity), etc..

Last edited by navin : 4th June 2009 at 13:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks