Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2009, 15:10   #76
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Sam and B&T.

Lets share his excitement and happiness, guys. Let us look at it as a design study. At this budget level, if anything is available, or has been done, anywhere in the world that fits into his desire for "SHOW OFF", it can be applied here.

Let us start with subwoofers with chrome plated baskets. Which ones? Enclosure type? Inverted or conventional? With neon tubes or without? Strobes synced to bass peaks? Ideas, ideas, ideas, ...
Old 5th June 2009, 15:24   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
And the car in question is the civic, Which is not the best cars in the world to ICE. The Tweeter placement is always an issue, the imaging is effected hence. Also The distance between the Tweeter and the Midbass is huge, The dashboard is big, So there is a Delay and the perfect imaging is not achieved.
Well a very close solution to this will be to go in for a front 3 way system. With mids(dome) and tweeter mounted in the A piller and should fit in comfertably. One can have the midbass in the stock location with cut off frequency at 300hz and mid and tweets can take anywhere above 300hz. Also TA in that case would be much easier in respect to midrange and tweets together. The only issue will be the blind spot if one can take care of it and nothing beats this option. The Path length difference in this case will be better than mounting just mids in doors and tweeters up there..
Here is a pic just for illustration. If tuned correctly can have a great imaging. Also the midrange and tweets should have better off axis response feature.

As for the sub it could be either GZ Plutonium or at half the cost RE Audio xxx12 or xxx15 and it's a XBL sub. Both are unique monstrous subs.. truly eye catching
Subwoofer Re Audio XXX12D2 - Subwoofers & Car Stereo Systems - Specifications - Car Audio and Electronics

P.S> Attaching the pics of some RE xxx Sub along with the pods for the civic.

One can get a bling setup even with Pioneer, Sony, and others but one can have both a great sound quality and it never harms if you add some bling too.
Attached Thumbnails
Advanced and Mind blasting I.C.E for my civic-mcivic11.jpg  

Advanced and Mind blasting I.C.E for my civic-mcivic18.jpg  

Advanced and Mind blasting I.C.E for my civic-mcivic21.jpg  

Advanced and Mind blasting I.C.E for my civic-xxxheight.jpg  

Old 5th June 2009, 17:38   #78
Senior - BHPian

....now thats a HUGE sub!

Following this thread closely!
Old 5th June 2009, 17:49   #79
Senior - BHPian

The Gti is a very very good sub as to what i have heard about it.
Its like the creme of the products sold by JBL. It has XBL^2 i guess! Sam??
Old 5th June 2009, 17:57   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
The Gti is a very very good sub as to what i have heard about it.
Its like the creme of the products sold by JBL. It has XBL^2 i guess! Sam??
Ya Abhinav GTi subs do work somewhat similar to XBL technology but these RE AUDIO subs are in a complete different category, they can take upto 2000RMS without a sweat and can sound clean at those volume without much of distortion. They are pure SQL subs, and truly a benchmark in it.
Old 5th June 2009, 19:21   #81
Senior - BHPian

You want a big sub...get yourself a jackhammer MTX. Just google it. I saw it in an Auto Car India mag for the first time

22" wide and 23" tall, weighs around 400 pounds

Last edited by thedreamcatcher : 5th June 2009 at 19:36. Reason: Found a few specifications
Old 5th June 2009, 19:38   #82
Senior - BHPian

400 pounds.
If it ain't available in India.
The shipping will be too high.
Old 5th June 2009, 22:49   #83
BHPian

The new 24"er is even better, they are awesome, but the 9500 are more bang for buck and look awesome also. They are available in india, the official MTX retailers are PTC, i.e. Preeti Trading Corp. in mumbai, opera house.
The 24"er - MTX Car Audio - JackHammer Subwoofer
The 22"er - MTX Car Audio - JackHammer Subwoofer
and the 9500 - Car Audio Subwoofer - Thunder9500 SuperWoofer
Old 6th June 2009, 00:03   #84
BHPian

NO NO there is no way Aneesh can use a jackhammer! Trust me these things bump like hell, there is a car in Mumbai running a pair, and owner had to disconnect one. The windshield flex will be huge, probably popping it out, and his eardrums will probably bleed!

Oh and the civic will probably be in pieces too...
Old 6th June 2009, 08:56   #85
Senior - BHPian

Guys, he doesn't want to run his Civic on air power. Eye candy wanted.
Old 6th June 2009, 09:12   #86
Team-BHP Support

DA that woofer on the right in the lower right photo posted by Invisible sure looks like eye candy.
Old 6th June 2009, 11:54   #87
Senior - BHPian

Was just kidding about putting the MTX in the Civic. It is ideal for Huge SUV's like t Navigator, Hummer, Ford Endeavour etc.

Additioanlly, the Civic already has very bad ground clearance. With 400 pounds in the rear, the car would not move forward.

But, if the entire suspension set up is changed to make it more firm, and if he really wants to experiment. his can be probably the first civic in the world with a jackhammer.

Remove the rear seats etc. do whatever and fix this hammer.

;-) He can also probably link his horn to this woofer and then when someone comes up from the behind blasting their horn..all our boy here needs to do is fire his and the guy behind would either have been blasted off or he would suddenly find his ears on the rear windscreen . Ha ha ha

Last edited by thedreamcatcher : 6th June 2009 at 11:55. Reason: Forgot to add 'ear'
Old 6th June 2009, 12:00   #88
BHPian

Either that or it could work like an afterburner or something. The bass boost knob like thrust control! Haha
Old 6th June 2009, 12:40   #89
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Navin, it is - but for bassheads and those in the know. Otherwise it looks like something that fell off a bulldozer! It will really look like afterburners that DocG said - mount 2 of them on the rear bumper, and all the unburnt effluents from the exhaust can produce a blue flame.

Now where is our SQL crowd hiding? Bhai LBM Freedabadwale, kitthe ho? Which sub has the most outlandish basket?
Old 6th June 2009, 14:38   #90
BHPian

Yes that is right but the 9500 are quite impressive and arent that heavy, supplied with the thunder elite and there goes the neighborhood.

Most Viewed