Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2009, 14:49   #91
BHPian

Err why not complete audio visual setups like the ones that are featured in Pimp My Ride kind of shows? After all its only bling that you prefer. Whatever money is left over can be used in motors where you can have the LCD screens coming out of the arm rest, under the seat, etc. Heck, just watch a few episodes of Pimp my ride or Overhaulin and am sure you will say "I want that."
Old 6th June 2009, 15:45   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Trust me these things bump like hell, there is a car in Mumbai running a pair, and owner had to disconnect one. The windshield flex will be huge, probably popping it out, and his eardrums will probably bleed!
2 Jackhammers? What car is this? I hope you know that a single Jackhammer + enclosure will take up no less than 8 cu. ft. i.e 230 liters of space.
Old 6th June 2009, 22:07   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
2 Jackhammers? What car is this? I hope you know that a single Jackhammer + enclosure will take up no less than 8 cu. ft. i.e 230 liters of space.
Ajay bhai I know what I said, and the car belongs to a close friend who is not the "show off to people he doesn't know well personally" types. This is his first ICE car, and he went a bit overboard, around 22 speakers and 2 woofers (well now only 1, read below).

The car is the new Toyota LC V8. He had one sub disconnected and stored safely shortly after spending a week in the car. So now she has only 1 jackhammer .

The install was done at his home by installers he flew in. All equipment was also procured from abroad. Car is running some serious electricals now, and the SQL is unbelievable. Oh and he also has a 46" Plasma screen in the car hooked up to a PS3. Now how's that for In Car Entertainment
Old 6th June 2009, 22:16   #94
BHPian

Quote:
This is his first ICE car, and he went a bit overboard, around 22 speakers and 2 woofers (well now only 1, read below).

The car is the new Toyota LC V8. He had one sub disconnected and stored safely shortly after spending a week in the car. So now she has only 1 jackhammer .

The install was done at his home by installers he flew in. All equipment was also procured from abroad. Car is running some serious electricals now, and the SQL is unbelievable. Oh and he also has a 46" Plasma screen in the car hooked up to a PS3. Now how's that for In Car Entertainment
Man I say hide all identification marks and post the install pics here!
Old 6th June 2009, 22:48   #95
Senior - BHPian

OT.

Even i would love to see that.
But he can't post here as it is against the rules.
How about e-mailing us some pics DocG?
Old 7th June 2009, 01:10   #96
Senior - BHPian

Oh and ya , you could look at Morel Ultimos also or for showy stuff, you could look for some 3 ways and install it in the way Invinsible has shown the pic ( honda civic - a page before).
Available for around 2000$ in the US, they are reviewed to be pretty good too.

According to what i have heard from some gurus, the Dyns are not liked by 99% of the people.
As you require something to show off, i would not recommend the masterstroke etc now. Even the Dyns.

Go for something which sounds proper to the normal ear.
Don't go on the reviews written on the forums or the web.

Go and audition stuff.
Its the best way.
Also if you want all blingy and loudy, you may even go in for a multiple sub/ multiple ( more than 2 ) amp setup and some Double Din DVD stuff with custom install like fibre glassing, using different type of bling stuff, neon etc.

In my opinion for the normal year, even 1 lakh budget would be pretty good.

Last edited by abhinav.gupta88 : 7th June 2009 at 01:11.
Old 7th June 2009, 01:46   #97
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm Sorry to interupt these wonderful conversations you guys are having,I am sure the owner is loving all the advise he is getting.

But one thing, since the car in question is the Civic, Did you guys discuss on the ELD issue that the Civic is having?? It is giving me a nightmare with my setup. Would love to have some discussion on the same as well.

The Advise from me: SELL THE CAR, BUY A BETTER CAR IF YOU WANT TO ICE IT WITH A BIG BUDGET!!!
Old 7th June 2009, 02:01   #98
BHPian

To the original posters and the well meaning people doling out the advise, do please understand that designing a big dollar system is not as easy as putting together a club sandwich.

The Honda Civic has an Electronic Load Detection (ELD) system that throttles alternator output at idle. Before you even start dreaming about kilowatt subs and amps, please understand that the system will never actually run in this car.
Old 7th June 2009, 02:13   #99
Senior - BHPian

And before all of you start to suggest about upgraded Alternators Capacitors, Bigger batteries etc, A Bigger alternator might increase the current flow at High RPM but will do the exact opposite at IDLE. Search through the Civic Forums internationally. People have had a hard time with upgraded alternators because at IDLE, The voltage drops to as low 11V not because of the load but because of the ELD sensing nothing.

All your electricals AMPS etc and everything are tapped from the positive terminal of the battery, so the ELD actually senses no load as such, so at idle RPM, it gives out as much voltage and current needed to keep the car running along with the stock HU if needed. Only when you move that the ELD senses the need for more moreover and increases the field strength inside the alternator, causing it to BUMP up the current flow in the car. The ELD gives out its peak at 14V on cold start but gradually as the car warms up, The voltage drops to 12.3V and when I start playing my system at IDLE, The voltage further reduces causing the SQ to go down along with the AMPS cutting out. This does not happen when you are driving at speeds of 60 Km/Hr.

According to HONDA this technology helps to reduce the wear and tear of the alternator because its not spinning at its maximum rate all the time. Below find a pic inside the fuse box of the civic, The RED marked area indicates the ELD Circuit.
Attached Thumbnails
Advanced and Mind blasting I.C.E for my civic-p1010402.jpg  

Old 7th June 2009, 02:16   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
To the original posters and the well meaning people doling out the advise, do please understand that designing a big dollar system is not as easy as putting together a club sandwich.
True. Its really very tough. Its better sometimes to just play the stock system than trying to make a high end system look and sound good thinking it is as easy as a club sandwhich.

EDIT: Removed the question , Manan already explained it.

Last edited by abhinav.gupta88 : 7th June 2009 at 02:18.
Old 7th June 2009, 02:46   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Yes, Navin, it is - but for bassheads and those in the know. Otherwise it looks like something that fell off a bulldozer! It will really look like afterburners that DocG said - mount 2 of them on the rear bumper, and all the unburnt effluents from the exhaust can produce a blue flame.

Now where is our SQL crowd hiding? Bhai LBM Freedabadwale, kitthe ho? Which sub has the most outlandish basket?
The only subs I can think of is from RE Audio XXX (the 1 in the pic), Ground Zero plutonium, JBL 15Wgti, SoundSplinter RL-s15, MTX JackHammer, Digital Design Z15, Critical Mass UL12, AuraSound NS15

Out of these I would lean towards the RE audio XXX they purely SQL subs plus have a great basket design very eye catchy and SoundSplinter RLs15 subs, both are best one can have for SQL I suppose.

Critical Mass UL15 subs are great surprise with their smaller magnet they can handle 2500RMS, will be a complete surprise package once the sub volume goes higher.

Digital Design Sub well a single Z15 had touched 180db more of SPL sub but they sound nice and tight in ported what they are designed for.

Aura Sound NS15, purely SQ sub with 800RMS and FS to 20hz.

JACKHammer well if they are not enough why not go for a 60" sub, OOPS! forget the civic and SUVs, get a Minibus for these, with a complete Plexiglass(es) body for this. Enough of Bling. TTZ Gallery - 60" Subwoofer - Powered by PhotoPost

And ya the Morel Ultimo 12" cost about 650$ on Woofersetc and about 45-50K here. Dynaudio beats them hands down. Dyns are much more tighter including their Midbass speakers.

And one more thing there are civics in US which have 2000RMS runing comfortably without any issues and have added the 5 farad caps. Now am not sure if the ELD pattern is different than the one's here.
Attached Thumbnails
Advanced and Mind blasting I.C.E for my civic-biggest-sub1.jpg  

Last edited by Invinsible : 7th June 2009 at 03:06.
Old 7th June 2009, 02:49   #102
Senior - BHPian

Oops.
Wrong name.
Morel Supremo.
Old 8th June 2009, 12:11   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
NO NO there is no way Aneesh can use a jackhammer! Trust me these things bump like hell, there is a car in Mumbai running a pair, and owner had to disconnect one. The windshield flex will be huge, probably popping it out, and his eardrums will probably bleed!
Oh and the civic will probably be in pieces too...
The Civic won't be in pieces because it won't take 2x Jackhammers.

Quote:
Ajay bhai I know what I said, and the car belongs to a close friend who is not the "show off to people he doesn't know well personally" types. This is his first ICE car, and he went a bit overboard, around 22 speakers and 2 woofers (well now only 1, read below).

Are you serious? Wow! I would kill to watch an install like that. Must be great sounding. How I wish I could have at least 24 speakers (pairs?) in my car. Ajay bhai can you help me get 24 (pairs?) in my car? I am assuming he is towing a generator van with that V8?

Please go through the specifications of a 2009 Toyota Landcruiser here: Toyota Land Cruiser - 2009 Performance & Specifications

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th June 2009 at 12:12.
Old 8th June 2009, 12:22   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I've never seen a 46" plasma, maybe it was a 42".

And I second Moral Fibre. Unless it is a show car with no room for passengers, you cannot get 22 speakers plus a MTX Jackhammer into a standard Land Cruiser. Nevermind the plasma and the PS3. However I will not challenge you because I know that anything is possible and if indeed this has been done, it would be of a great academic interest to me.

I request you for images of the installation/final product. I also request you to post it here with no commercial information and no car indentification (so we can protect the identity of the gentleman who installs all that and doesn't like to show it off)

I know that all the ICE enthusiasts we have here would kill to see photos of this hidden gem.

I speak for the ICE mods as well (Navin and DerAlte) who would be very excited to see this kind of an installation too, ESPECIALLY because it exists in Mumbai as you said.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 8th June 2009 at 12:24.
Old 8th June 2009, 12:45   #105
BHPian

Even I would want to see such an install.
BTW is the thread starter following this thread?

Most Viewed