Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2009, 12:48   #106
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Even i would love to see that.
But he can't post here as it is against the rules.
if the car is not owned by a professional represented here on TBHP and it serves the interest of the greater TBHP community we can always make exceptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I've never seen a 46" plasma, maybe it was a 42".

you cannot get 22 speakers plus a MTX Jackhammer into a standard Land Cruiser.
46"? I thought the same. But I make typos too - more than rest of the ICEers combined.

22 speakers - must be couting every tweeter, midrange, woofer, super tweeter, as a speaker.
Old 8th June 2009, 13:27   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
... I speak for the ICE mods as well (Navin and DerAlte) who would be very excited ...
*Now where is that salivating and panting smiley* I hope @docg was not describing the power train / propulsion system of the vehicle. The description really sounds like it's a show car, not meant to hear music for the sake of hearing music.
Old 8th June 2009, 16:29   #108
BHPian

Guys guys, I will have a talk with the owner once I'm done with exams. The owner of the LC which I stated is an eccentric billionaire who has a garage worth over...well I don't know, I stopped counting at 100 crores. Oh well.

When he found that he wasn't using the LC much anymore, as he required a bulletproof vehicle (he now uses a Range Rover sport fully bulletproof on the daily) the LC was just lying there weeping. One fine day he wakes up and decides to take a bunch of seats out, and pimp her out for those once or twice a month outings.

By 22 speakers, I counted everything, tweeter, midrange, woofers et al. So 1 pair components = 4 speakers. The car is built very much like a showcar, with speakers in the roof etc.

@moralfibre, Sam and some others who question the car's practicality -->
Guys seriously, someone who bought an SL63 AMG for "timepass" to use between now and the delivery of his LP 560-4 is clearly not thinking on the same lines as you or me. You are talking about someone who spends around 2 crores for a car which will be used for roughly 4-5 months, after which it will be stored (Not sold, as he loves it and says he will drive it at least once a month) mighty good use of 2 crores yes? Why then is it hard to believe such a person has spent 40 Lakhs for ICE in his car?

The owner does like to keep within his own group of friends, and never shows off his cars to others primarily due to security reasons amongst others. There are people on this forum who know me in person, to whom I have showed some of his collection, and I'm sure they can attest to the fact that this guy is the real McCoy. Don't worry guys, I have no intension in blowing smoke here in the ICE forum, visitors to Powai are welcome to come see some nice cars (NO CAMERAS!)

Cheers,
DocG

PS: Sam I've seen a Navigator with 3 48"ers! Show car but hey it's been done. Not to mention the famed irrediscent maroon/black Escalade (US) which has crazy motorized screens all over, the doors (outer surface), giant LCDs inside etc...

PPS: I have never really sat in the car, have seen the entire setup, running pretty regular brands, nothing way up there. I've been too busy with the SL63. Oh the owner also has a CLS63, which means we drag race both of them from time to time...Fun stuff really. (Coming soon: CL63 yeah I know enough with the damn 63s! But he somehow has taken to the AMGs, he's bored of Ms it seems)

Last edited by DocG : 8th June 2009 at 16:43.
Old 8th June 2009, 17:23   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
@moralfibre, Sam and some others who question the car's practicality -->
Guys seriously, someone who bought an SL63 AMG for "timepass" to use between now and the delivery of his LP 560-4 is clearly not thinking on the same lines as you or me.

I'm sure they can attest to the fact that this guy is the real McCoy. visitors to Powai are welcome to come see some nice cars

Oh the owner also has a CLS63
DocG, I used to live at 10A Eden (opposite the Hiranandani school). I think I know who you are talking about.
Old 8th June 2009, 20:20   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
DocG, I used to live at 10A Eden (opposite the Hiranandani school). I think I know who you are talking about.
Great so I'm sure you know the eccentric nature of this guy. I'm talking about his younger son. The elder one is not currently in Mumbai, and he has taken quite a few exotics with him too.

Anyway such is life:
We have the have-nots
The have-some
and the have so much they don't know what to do with their cash!

Navin I believe you live in town now, why the move? Man Hiranandani could still really use your invaluable knowledge. Besides if you were here I'd have shown you the entire install in progress, much better than WIP pics!
Old 8th June 2009, 22:34   #111
Team-BHP Support

I don't believe you DocG and we are veering way off topic here, so I would pass. Continue the discussion.
Old 8th June 2009, 22:47   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I don't believe you DocG and we are veering way off topic here, so I would pass. Continue the discussion.
You are absolutely right, we are way, way OT.

And dude you are free to believe whatever it is you want, it's a free world and free forum, tis your right.

PS: Sunnyvale doesn't really have hot cars...You should check out some of the bimmers in Los Gatos and Freemont. Man those things really put out. Also San Jose as you know for your regular dose of 911s, Vettes, Vipers, F cars and Lambos, man lotsa nice cars around there.
Old 9th June 2009, 10:44   #113
Team-BHP Support

BMWAddict, this is your thread. Where are you?
Old 9th June 2009, 11:01   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
we are veering way off topic here, so I would pass.
Quote:
You are absolutely right, we are way, way OT.
Quote:
PS: Sunnyvale doesn't really have hot cars...You should check out some of the bimmers in Los Gatos and Freemont. Man those things really put out. Also San Jose as you know for your regular dose of 911s, Vettes, Vipers, F cars and Lambos, man lotsa nice cars around there.
Doc, while I understand that your geographical knowledge of the US may be good and your knowledge of all the cars present in all states, I still fail to see how this is back on topic.

When you are able to get photos of the LC, please start a new thread so we can appreciate the install.

And like the gracious old man said, let's stick to BMW addict's query or this is no thread at all.
Old 9th June 2009, 13:22   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why then is it hard to believe such a person has spent 40 Lakhs for ICE in his car?
Not hard to believe. I was just asking from the space availability point-of-view. Its nearly impossible to get 2 x Jackhammers in most cars including the LC, AND get them to bleed your ears. The sub would just whimper even in a 8 cu. ft. box.

Quote:
PPS: I have never really sat in the car, have seen the entire setup, running pretty regular brands, nothing way up there.
Are you referring to the same LC audio setup here? Do you mean to say he spent 40L, and yet "regular brands, and nothing way up there"?

Quote:
PS: Sam I've seen a Navigator with 3 48"ers! Show car but hey it's been done.
48" what?

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 9th June 2009 at 13:25.
Old 9th June 2009, 15:56   #116
Team-BHP Support

B&T you sick man. DocG meant LCD TVs!
Old 9th June 2009, 23:57   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
BMWAddict, this is your thread. Where are you?
navinji i think this guy is a troll.

he has not responded till date, not a single post, and i dont think any hyd-bhpians have met him, i have the same doubt as the others in the other thread.

i want to see and then believe, and not post untill i see some thing considerable.

EDIT: i would be more than happy to take back my words when i see something happening.

BMWaddict, no offense man, i at least want to see some pics of your car, and some developments, forget the 10lac budget, with less than 5Lacs you can have more than enough equipment not to just show off but have a SPL system that can be made one of the best in the country. So please give us something to hang on to.

Last edited by rider60 : 10th June 2009 at 00:15.
Old 10th June 2009, 10:44   #118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
navinji i think this guy is a troll.
he has not responded till date, not a single post, and i dont think any hyd-bhpians have met him, i have the same doubt as the others in the other thread.
Lets not call people names when we dont know them well enough. ok?

I think BMW was offended by a previous such statement. Not much we can do now. BMW if you need more information you know where to find us.

Most Viewed