Team-BHP - Hyundai Verna ICED!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Hyundai Verna ICED! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/60283-hyundai-verna-iced.html)

ICE had been on my wish list for quite sometime. I had a limited budget and also had to use the equipment which i had from my previous install (sub and the mono).

Searched around the forum for some VFM options, and auditioned a few setups. Finally decided to take the plunge, and here I am..

The HU:

I was using a Pioneer 5950 earlier. My music collection was increasing at a fast pace and it was tough to manage a lot of disks. Decided to upgrade the HU as it had become quite old and i was badly in need of a HU which supports thumb drives at least.

Then came across this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...z-785-usb.html

Read some great reviews about its SQ capabilities and the price was well in my budget. Thought for a while and then finally decided to take the plunge.

Got the CLARION DXZ785USB courtesy a relative who carried it down for me from the US of A.clap:

Initial impression was great. The SQ was mind blowing and TA was an added bonus.

Hyundai Verna ICED!-27052009002.jpg
Hyundai Verna ICED!-27052009005.jpg
Hyundai Verna ICED!-27052009007.jpg
Hyundai Verna ICED!-clarion.jpg

The Components:

I had auditioned Bull and really liked them. Value for money and decent SQ capability.
So had to be the Bull CS 650.75.

Hyundai Verna ICED!-bull.jpg
Hyundai Verna ICED!-dscn0723.jpg

The Amplifiers:

I was using a chinese amp in my previous setup. So thought of getting a new and a better amp.
Decided on Kenwood KAC-M845 which gives out 60*4rms at four ohms. This much power was sufficient to play the Bull's clean.

Hyundai Verna ICED!-snc00253.jpg
Hyundai Verna ICED!-dscn0705.jpg
Hyundai Verna ICED!-dscn0707.jpg
Hyundai Verna ICED!-dscn0711.jpg

Mono and the SUB:

I had a Pioneer GM-D510 mono amp and a Pioneer DVC sub from my previous install. Will use this sub for the time being and will upgrade in the near future if at all there's a need.

Hyundai Verna ICED!-dscn0704.jpg
Hyundai Verna ICED!-dscn0713.jpg

Wiring:

Scosche RCA's
Kicker 12AWG for the sub section
Kicker 16AWG for components

Hyundai Verna ICED!-imag0026.jpg

Its a great setup. Bull's sing well and the SQ is great. Bass is a bit boomy.
The install was done at GYRO. Big thanks to Abhimanyu(hellspawn) and all my other friends for their advice.

Future upgrades: Damping and the SUB. :)

The ICE looks good :thumbs up

Good ICE! How much did you pay for the Kenwood amp? Its from Dubai AFAIK, right?

@ live2drive : Congrats for the new ICE setup. Looks clean and sweet. Can we have the cost break up please. Keep updating us about your listening experience and upgrades.

very good set-up there.. enjoy! are clarion menus easy to navigate as a pio?

Congrats on the upgrade!!!

1. Which set of speakers were you using before this upgrade?

2. Apart from Bull Audio which are the speakers you auditioned?

Anyway nice setup.

Enjoy!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DjNik (Post 1344545)
The ICE looks good :thumbs up

Thank You.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nishantgandhi (Post 1344548)
Good ICE! How much did you pay for the Kenwood amp? Its from Dubai AFAIK, right?

Nishant, the amp is with B/W and is distributed by Kenwood India. MRP 6990/-.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnhegde (Post 1344551)
@ live2drive : Congrats for the new ICE setup. Looks clean and sweet. Can we have the cost break up please. Keep updating us about your listening experience and upgrades.

Thanks. Cost breakup coming up in a short while.

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 1344559)
very good set-up there.. enjoy! are clarion menus easy to navigate as a pio?

Thank you. Yes, the Clarions are indeed easy to use. Just a matter of a day or two to get used to the interface. But one feature that i really miss is that you cannot browse through the list of folders. :Frustrati
Although one can browse files within a folder.

Finally you start a thread?? :D

I use to meet abhinav and he use to complain that his setup is not worth any thread on TBHP, as his equipment is not that great.

Remember the Drive to neemrana, I remember the time I heard his car for the first time, with some speakers TS20 i guess in the front and 6x9s in the rear along with the Pioneer SUB. The sub use to BOOM and vocals play in a different league.

But then his quest for a budget ICE started, and BOY has he not got each and every equipment right. The Bulls, The Kenny AMP, The Clarion HU all Add up to make a mind blowing setup which can actually put installs with double the money budget, to Shame. Awesome.

Congrats on this ICE journey my friend, And GLAD I could be a part of it. Though I feel A new Sub will things to the next level, but that when your pocket allows. It still sounds really really good.

Congrats live2drive. Very nice choice of equipment. Would love to audition Bull mated with Clarion.

Which distribution block is that and how much does it cost ? Price of Scosche RCA ?

So many potential buyers for Clarion and damn Clarion doesn't have a distributor here .. You Listening Clarion!!!

Really liked your setup!!

Cheers.. :)

Quote:

Clarion Distributor
Supreme Audiotronics Pvt. Ltd.

A-62 Naraina Industrial Area Phase-1,
New Delhi-110028, INDIA
Tel: +91-11-25791140/91-11-45699900
Fax: +91-11-25794169
email: supreme.audiotronics@gmail.com
they do have one apparently, but i have a feeling that if the stuff were sold here , they would have unpalatable prices :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by live2drive (Post 1344616)
But one feature that i really miss is that you cannot browse through the list of folders. :Frustrati
Although one can browse files within a folder.

:Shockked: Then how to access those 300 folders in a pen drive?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhibh (Post 1344891)
Which distribution block is that and how much does it cost ?

I also wanted to ask the same thing as I've never seen a LCD display on a DB.

I Still havent seen an LCD powered DB. thats an LED display :p
Bluewave Car Audio Digital Distribution Two ANL Fuse Block, 0GA In Two 4GA Out
looks similar to this :)

Very nice setup live2drive... congrats!! Enjoy the music!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiz (Post 1344600)
Congrats on the upgrade!!!

1. Which set of speakers were you using before this upgrade?
I was using a pair of coax's in the front and a pair of 6X9's on the parcel tray. Both were Blaupunkt.
2. Apart from Bull Audio which are the speakers you auditioned?
I have auditioned a number of brands including some high end installs. But i had the option of JBL 608, Bull, Illusion EL as they were fit for my budget.

Thanks! My comments in bold.

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4ugr8 (Post 1344843)
Finally you start a thread?? :D

I use to meet abhinav and he use to complain that his setup is not worth any thread on TBHP, as his equipment is not that great.

Remember the Drive to neemrana, I remember the time I heard his car for the first time, with some speakers TS20 i guess in the front and 6x9s in the rear along with the Pioneer SUB. The sub use to BOOM and vocals play in a different league.

But then his quest for a budget ICE started, and BOY has he not got each and every equipment right. The Bulls, The Kenny AMP, The Clarion HU all Add up to make a mind blowing setup which can actually put installs with double the money budget, to Shame. Awesome.

Congrats on this ICE journey my friend, And GLAD I could be a part of it. Though I feel A new Sub will things to the next level, but that when your pocket allows. It still sounds really really good.

Hehe yes i still remember my old setup. With only bass and treble and almost non existant vocals. lol:
Yes, the sub maybe changed in the future. And thanks boy for your inputs from time to time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhibh (Post 1344891)
Congrats live2drive. Very nice choice of equipment. Would love to audition Bull mated with Clarion.

Which distribution block is that and how much does it cost ? Price of Scosche RCA ?

Thanks. You're welcome for an audition anytime. Just PM me whenever you are in Delhi next.
I got this DB from Driven. Not Sure about the brand. Its a 0AWG in and 2X4AWG out DB. The dispaly shows the Volt reading. Cost 1200/-.
Scosche RCA costs 550/-(two channel).

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiragh_bir (Post 1344954)
So many potential buyers for Clarion and damn Clarion doesn't have a distributor here .. You Listening Clarion!!!

Really liked your setup!!

Cheers.. :)

Thanks mate. Apparently there is a Clarion dealer in Delhi but he does not carry any stocks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 1345048)
:Shockked: Then how to access those 300 folders in a pen drive?

You can switch through folders one after the other but there's no option to display the list of folders. The only drawback in this HU.

Quote:

Originally Posted by razor4077 (Post 1345077)
Very nice setup live2drive... congrats!! Enjoy the music!

Thank You.
Quote:

I Still havent seen an LCD powered DB. thats an LED display :p
Bluewave Car Audio Digital Distribution Two ANL Fuse Block, 0GA In Two 4GA Out
looks similar to this :)
Yes Greenhorn the product is exactly the same. Thanks for sharing the linky.:)