Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2009, 10:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

3100 for just 8k .. that's a nice head in that price range!!
Old 17th June 2009, 10:52   #17
BHPian

My 2 cents.

I had the JBL GT5 S12 sub in my Getz earlier (in basstube and then in a sealed box) and did not like its performance all that much. The basstube was too boomy and the sealed version little less boomy but was not precise. I changed to a Polk DVC sub in the same sealed box and performance was much better. There might be other JBL subs which are good but GT5 12 was not all that great.

Just my experience. Others might have a different opinion.

Last edited by drvhplyevraftr : 17th June 2009 at 10:53.
Old 17th June 2009, 11:33   #18
BHPian

Sorry, I am re-posting this question. But I really needed to know if anyone knows about Boston Acoustics Comps and Sub. The prices seem very competitive and the performance is claimed to be very good.

Kindly enlighten
Old 17th June 2009, 12:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4strings View Post
Hi Arpandiv.

1) The quote I got is approx for the 2 front doors and the boot, wouldn't know how much sqft, will check that.

Thanks KP, BTW how is the JVC in comparison with the Blau GT4 in terms of the quality of sound, and how much would it cost me ?
Front doors + boot would need two sheets full.

Frankly, I don't know how the JVC amp is in comparison with Blau GT4.
JVC amp in my Getz works well and gives decent sound. It cost me 3.5k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Oohh strong views there Prajesh boss! Itna bhi waste nahi hai bhai!
Nishant,
My views are the on the basis of two Getz in my family. Both have Illusion compos but different HUs ( Eclipse 3100/ Pioneer 5050) which makes a huge difference in sound.
Earlier, i was also running a Pio 2 DIN for couple two weeks and there was too much of BOOM BOOM which was not to my liking. Thankfully, everything changed dramatically after the arrival of Eclipse.
Old 17th June 2009, 12:11   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4strings View Post
Sorry, I am re-posting this question. But I really needed to know if anyone knows about Boston Acoustics Comps and Sub. The prices seem very competitive and the performance is claimed to be very good.

Kindly enlighten
Boston's entry level component speakers (S60, I think) are nothing special. I had got them installed on my friend's car but was not impressed after listening to Illusion electra's which I have in my car. But, their high end equipment is quite good.
I will vouch for the sub though. I have a 10" G2 DVC in a sealed enclosure powered by Boston GT22 2 ch amp in my car and the bass is really tight and fast. Blends well with the Illusions. G5 is considered even better but haven't got the chance to audition them yet.
Old 17th June 2009, 12:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
.. Pio + GZ + Illusion is waste of money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Nishant,
My views are the on the basis of two Getz in my family. Both have Illusion compos but different HUs ( Eclipse 3100/ Pioneer 5050) which makes a huge difference in sound.
Earlier, i was also running a Pio 2 DIN for couple two weeks and there was too much of BOOM BOOM which was not to my liking. Thankfully, everything changed dramatically after the arrival of Eclipse.
Thats why I was surprised. I knew you had Illusions in both your cars. And I was wondering how you can call GZ+Illusions a waste of money!

I guess you meant that running Illusions+GZ off a Pio HU is not letting them perform to the best of their abilities right?

I could not agree more. On my Pio 5050, the GZ+Illusions were singing, but very brightly. Clarion has got them back to where they belong
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

A little birdie told me that the ICE install has happened and is much different from all the options that were discussed here.

Update the thread and upload pics Arvind!!
Old 2nd July 2009, 19:17   #23
BHPian

Yep he definately had his ICE done, i was at the dealers last week, saturday, hope your happy with your set up, nice meeting you 4strings, i guess your still driving around enjoying your sound system, which would explain why you haven't posted the pics as yet!

Njoi!
Old 6th July 2009, 20:05   #24
BHPian

Getz CRDi ICEEED ....

Hello Folks,

Apologies, apologies, apologies. I have been neck deep at work and haven't found time to update my threads.

I have already taken delivery of my Getz CRDi (Passion Red, the blue that I asked for did not happen) but love the color nevertheless.

Now coming to the ICE, I would firstly like to thank all of you for helping out in deciding on the ICE.

I finally went to FM Drive to get the install done, had bought the equipment in bits & pieces.

Will post a short note in the Sound off section ASAP.

Last edited by 4strings : 6th July 2009 at 20:06.
Old 6th July 2009, 20:15   #25
Senior - BHPian

Nice. Congrats . Do post it as soon as possible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks