Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2009, 16:17   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
and from what i read, the power from both the channels is stablised to run into one channel to do 1 OHM, When you are connecting for the 1-Ohm operation you connect the wires of the sub that is the + and - on to + termials of both the channels not the traditional + and -!!!.

and no where do they mention of using this amp in 2OHM operation its either 1 Ohm or 4OHM operation only.
Congrats on your new beast of an amp. The amp can be run in 2 ohm mode. I had come across the 1000.1 when I was choosing my mono. Here is what the manual says. I think you got confused with the 2 Channel & Parallel mode for the polarities too.
Teenie Weenie Upgrades!-bpx.jpg
Source : http://indiajbl.com/CarAudioProduct%...1075127230.pdf
Old 19th June 2009, 23:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
wow, nice ICE break fast for me in the morning.

comps look nice, for SUB, what exactly is your plans, whats the budget,
Iam expecting a custom made box with a sub with so many goodies you have collected already.
all those details of the budget and brands i have already requested gurus here.

Quote:
well all said, i now need better components and a sub for this little beast with the crown.

i am a SQ person, was kind of looking at the ID subs, but do give me a as many brand options as you can so that i can look for one in my price range, the next job is to pool in enough vitamins for the next upgrades of the components and sub.

i am fine with 3-way components for the front, i dont mind using all my channels of my jbl 75.4 for just the front stage and forget the rears, the thing is that i am kind of looking at setting up a part active and part passive 3-way components.

all this equipment is going to go into my accent, i am planning to cut the front door pads and fit these three ways.

is it possible to fit in 8" luccent drivers for the mid-basses and a 4"/5" 2 way comps for the mid range and highs???
how would it sound?

what are my other options of a nice SQ 3-way comps with these amps?

do pour in the suggestions and experiences in a generous amounts, i want this ICE to be pure SQ or may be if my budget permits a SQL.

my budget for the sub and components is 27000/-INR as of now and even for the same i will need to wait for like 3 months, that is i am gonna be purchasing the sub and comps in installments and then when i have all i am gonna the installation will happen.

so which ever is the first one i zero in on i plan to pick that up next month, so guys HELP ME OUT HERE. if there is need to pimp up the budget for a good enough system, i am gonna wait for another 3-months for the same.

but i will get what i want oonly! I have already waited for 3 months for the amp to arrive, and i dont mind waiting to get the right ICE and for the right installer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
How much does the amp cost in India (MRP) ?
this model is not released in the Indian Market at all so dont ask, but the (EDIT): MSRP in US is 700USD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Great equipment so far dude. The amp in particular looks super.
Never hearD the JBL Power series compos in action, would be waiting for your review on the same. How much do they cost?

Will be interesting to see what sub you pick up. I have similar requirements as you, but haven't zeroed down on the sub as yet. ID and GZ were the brands I was looking at.

PS: I think the title of thread needs to be updated now
man even i know of only those two brands, also i was kind of thinking about the JL audio and the others but then no one is even intereseted in giving either review or suggestions of brand names in the 20K range for a sub that is SQ based and is capable of 500W Rms.

naa man the thread title is just what it needs to be, this equipment is not even the entry level- MID-FI audio, lets just say(may be or lower range) they are the high end Entry-FI level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
Congrats on your new beast of an amp. The amp can be run in 2 ohm mode. I had come across the 1000.1 when I was choosing my mono. Here is what the manual says. I think you got confused with the 2 Channel & Parallel mode for the polarities too.
Attachment 149837
i remember reading it in one of the reviews mate, i am not entirely sure, but they said this amp does the best in either the 4Ohm mode or 1Ohm mode, i am not too sure either, well regarding the parallel wiring and all, I am still waiting for our SAM GURUJI to deliver the enlightening rays of knowledge!!!

ALSO i wanted to add, one of the strongest reasons for choosing this amp is, this is a say 660 watt amp and may be i would be running it at around 50% gains(assuming as of now), and because of this i wont have to switch to a DEEP cycle Battery, just the BIG three wiring should suffice, and i dont have enough MoolAH for a Capacitor either, i already have Kicker 4AWG wiring that is hooked up to the jbl gto 301.1 in the car, the same would do just fine for this baby too.

from what i have learnt from here, more the power watts of an amp, more the energy one needs to feed it, even with this amp i am not too sure if i will be able to live the normal lead-acid batteries that is the OEM ones, this beast boy is CLASS AB!

GURUS can you please tell me if i would need a battery upgrade? or would the BIG-3 upgrade suffice?

Last edited by rider60 : 20th June 2009 at 00:10.
Old 20th June 2009, 03:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
Attachment 149837

JBL Car & Marine Audio

see thats why i said i dint see they mention 2 ohms after reading the manual that confusion is now sorted out. Thanks.

and for the 1Ohm operation you need to do the pyrelal and then use the +/- of the sub connection now all the excitement is gone and i have understood the wiring.

also my apologies, i said this is the only crown made amp, i just checked out, all the BPx series monos are Crown made, while the other power series 2 and 4 channel amps are not. I just took that for granted i guess out the excitement.
Old 20th June 2009, 07:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

fellas, i need some help from your experience and expertise here,

say i install the JBL P-6563 3-way Components as the rear fills in my car, powered by the JBL GTO 75.4's 2channels.

and for the front sound stage how would either MOREL TEMPO 6" 2-way component system or the JL audio's 6" XR650-CSi 2-Way Component System, fare?

Morel Tempo

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...hp?comp_id=120

i see the morel tempo has 120W rms @ 4 - ohm rating, while the JL audio's is rated at 70W rms @ 4 - ohms.

but i am sure one of the gurus would have had the opportunity to audition these component sets. Now i dont quiet yet know how good either of the sets are in terms of full range/ SQ etc, i hope you gurus can fill in here for me and help me decide between the two.

and more over like i already said i was totally hoping to get the Illusion Luccent 6" comps but they are sadly out of stock and the new stock would only arrive after 3 months with an upgraded price tag.

so in my current budget i have planned to spend over next 2 months, i would have to accomodate this comp set, a sub woofer, and some part of the it for damping.

gurus hear my plea oah great ones and shed some light of healing to heal MY agony of ICE WOUNDS PLEASE.
Old 20th June 2009, 10:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

You want to put 3-way as rear fill? Huh? Why? Then the only thing left for you would be to put Illusion, ID or CDT horns in the front. The Morel and the JL would sound pretty ornery in front comparatively - neither is radically better than just about any other good 2-way.

PS: Don't get into the numbers game, Yash, you can't get a super system by that logic

Last edited by DerAlte : 20th June 2009 at 10:09.
Old 20th June 2009, 10:49   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
say i install the JBL P-6563 3-way Components as the rear fills
and for the front sound stage how would either MOREL TEMPO 6" 2-way component system
1. I would not recommend this Morel-JBL combo. The Morel Tempo is more laind back than the JBL Power. The JBL Gti might be a better match.

2. Why not get Morel for front and rear? The Morel Tempo 6 costs about as much as the P6563.

3. If you are hell bent on 3 way you can get the JBL P6563 for the front and rear.
Old 20th June 2009, 10:50   #22
Senior - BHPian

i understand Deralteji, the thing is i was out of choice and i had to pick up these three way as there was no other thing in the guy's shop at the moment, (my $$$ was stuck)

and my other problem being my car is accent and i just dont know how i can fit these three ways in the front door with out radical fiber glass works and the likes, hence the option of rear fills, they all can sit on the rear plank or the mid range can go in to the stock speaker location, ease of installation by leaps and bounds you see!

well what other choices do i have? i dont want the option of waiting and selling these off as i have already waited a little more than 6 months to collect these and i intend to get the rest of the sutff by the end of sep09 and have it installed by then.
can you help me out please?

i mean i am totally confused.

does this mean i would have to either get a better 3-way in the front or use these as front is the only best option to get a way better sound stage than a 2-way's would provide me???

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
1. I would not recommend this Morel-JBL combo. The Morel Tempo is more laind back than the JBL Power. The JBL Gti might be a better match.

2. Why not get Morel for front and rear? The Morel Tempo 6 costs about as much as the P6563.

3. If you are hell bent on 3 way you can get the JBL P6563 for the front and rear.

well is there a possibility where in i can build a three way out of illusion audio components available, dont mind using the jbl 1004 amp from my swift to accent along with the 75.4 and the bpx 500.1

i am asking this because amey from the forum is running such a setup part active and part passive, using illusion components and steg 4-channel amp, just for the front three way.

Last edited by rider60 : 20th June 2009 at 10:55.
Old 20th June 2009, 20:45   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... my car is accent and i just dont know how i can fit these three ways in the front door with out radical fiber glass works and the likes, ...
I would recommend you keep things simple for the time being, keeping with your incremental upgrade philosophy. Use the 3 ways in passive mode in front, till you get used to its inherent properties. Later, you can think of going 3 way active - by that time you will know precisely what to do.

Mounting them should not be a problem. You don't have to cut the front doorpads. The midbass would go into the door with an MDF ring (is the Accent door location 5.25"?). The tweeter and the midrange could go into a pod on the dash near A-pillar base. Search in the forum, someone has already done it (my geriatric brain refuses quick recall requests) and it appears in his avatar pic. Can be a simple FG pod with a 1/2" MDF plate for mounting the drivers. At a pinch, a decent carpenter can build a small truncated pyramid shaped box out of 1/2" MDF if you want to avoid FG.

You could also think of the tweeter in the mirror pod (std location) and the mid in a pod just beside it (when the door is closed) on the dash.

TA will do wonders if your HU can do it, but even without it the passive 3-way would be much better than 2-ways. At least you can get the whole thing off the drawing board and listen to music instead of waiting for the perfect solution.
Old 20th June 2009, 21:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

Love the Amp and the compos.
Great choice.
I'd say either shift the 3 way to the front or use the 3 ways itself in the front.
Maybe ones from the higher series - GTi.

Try to get hold of the GTi sub.
It is an amazing subwoofer.

Or maybe other brands too.
Ground Zero/ID etc.

By the way, what HU?
Old 21st June 2009, 11:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post

By the way, what HU?

the HU is Eclipse cd 3100.

Most Viewed