Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2009, 23:42   #31
Senior - BHPian

If you are going to be driving the car most of the time i think you should get front comps, a sub and a 4 channel amp. Spending 10k on 6x9 will be a waste IMO
Old 23rd August 2009, 23:51   #32
Senior - BHPian

If i were him, i'd add the 6x9 or something at the back.
He's not putting a sub remember. ( 6x9 would give the added thump)

Last edited by abhinav.gupta88 : 24th August 2009 at 00:04.
Old 24th August 2009, 00:02   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
The line output converters are simple, passive (resistance-based) impedance matching / voltage level conversion devices, and do not degrade sound quality at all. They don't add anything to the signal from the HU amp, so how will they degrade the signal quality?

Like anything else, if they are used without knowing how to use them and how to tune the system, nothing good can be expected out of them.
Thanks DerAlte for explaining it. I am still learning every little bit of car audio in our forum, i had read that any joints contributes to signal loss.
So the converter even though its designed to convert speaker outs to RCA outs it appeared to me as another joint of connection which could cause signal loss.

Even while getting done concealed wiring for home audio the electrician by mistake cut the wire(he was not aware it was routed for audio) to which my Interior designer was not happy. That was another occasion where I came to know that any joints that come in way as far as possible are strictly no no for audio.

Last edited by tush : 24th August 2009 at 00:06.
Old 24th August 2009, 09:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

In general, yes, one has to avoid joints as far as possible. But that is because we tend to be careless about how a joint is made - 9 times out of 10 one would twist the joint and tape it up. That itself does not harm anything, but over a period of time such joints weaken and oxidize, leading to a higher resistance connection over which the signal drops.

However, a line output convertor cannot be classified as a 'joint', since on both sides the connections are made properly. On one side is the RCA connector, and on the other side one is supposed to either solder or crimp the joint.
Old 24th August 2009, 09:53   #35
BHPian

The existing tray is just a thin plastic one. So i'd have to install a wooden tray behind and then cut it.

My decision to go for a 6x9 is only because i wont get any low end bass from any components i put in the rear. Hence I don't really have an option. The reason I am avoiding a SUB is because it will increase the cost of the full system too much. If i'd put a sub then the cost goes up by a good 20k! (10K for monoblock & 10K for Sub).

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Are you planning to cut the tray considering you are contemplating on 6x9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
If you are going to be driving the car most of the time i think you should get front comps, a sub and a 4 channel amp. Spending 10k on 6x9 will be a waste IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
If i were him, i'd add the 6x9 or something at the back.
He's not putting a sub remember. ( 6x9 would give the added thump)

Last edited by Crimson : 24th August 2009 at 09:54.
Old 24th August 2009, 10:57   #36
BHPian

A monoblock is certainly not necessary to power the SUB, you can bridge a amplifier like the 1004 which gives 300 RMS @ 4 ohms.It will do the job pretty well and skip the rear speakers.You can look at subs from JBL/POLK/GZ.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks