Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2009, 22:14   #1
BHPian

ICEing Ritz

Hi Gurus,

Here is my requirement within budget of 20K (Max) for ICEing Ritz.

1) 2 Din MP3/USB Player
2) Door speakers (Advice required, since I don't want to go for box in dickey)
3) Decent music quality
4) Nice ICE shop in Bangalore.

Please help me.

Thanks
Old 30th June 2009, 02:37   #2
BHPian

Kenwood 2 DIN - 7k
Bull/Illusion Elecra 6.5" components - 6k
Blaupunkt GT4MKII Amp - 6k
Wiring+ Install - 2k

Further addition if budget permits -
ID CTX 12" Sub - 8k
Damping front doors - 2k

And you will end with very decent SQ setup.
Old 30th June 2009, 10:08   #3
BHPian

You cna try "JJ" on JC Road, it's right opposite the entrace to multi level car park.
They have cool collection of original pioneer headsets, and geat pricing.
Old 30th June 2009, 11:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

@funda2max, a 2DIN HU will always be costlier than a 1DIN HU for the same set of features. The touchscreen ones are all >20K, the non-touchscreen ones ~12K (Pio, Sony, Kenwood ...).

If you want to go for a 2DIN for the *BLING* factor, go ahead with it (nothing wrong in wanting bling, right?), but remember it will take an extra 2-3K from your budget. On the other hand, if you go with a 1DIN HU, you could go in for (9K or less with b&w) a Blau Hamburg, Kenwood 5039, JVC or Panasonic. Speakers can be Blau, JBL, Alpine etc. Illusion is a good buy, but rather difficult to get off-the-shelf. Pio fakes are a big problem - difficult to avoid. Almost all accessories shops would rather have you buy Sony - their VFM is lower than the others, nothing wrong otherwise.

In your situation, the safest would be to go to Mandovi Motors (the Blau distributor in Bangalore - Wilson Garden behind BTS depot or on Kanakapura Road) and ask for a deal on the HU, THc or ODc components (front), ODx ovals (rear, on an MDF parcel shelf) and GT4 MkII Special amp as a package - should come to 20K. They have competent installers and everything will be with bill & warranty.

Where are you located in BLR? Based on that we can suggest other installers.
Old 30th June 2009, 15:23   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
@funda2max, a 2DIN HU will always be costlier than a 1DIN HU for the same set of features. The touchscreen ones are all >20K, the non-touchscreen ones ~12K (Pio, Sony, Kenwood ...).

If you want to go for a 2DIN for the *BLING* factor, go ahead with it (nothing wrong in wanting bling, right?), but remember it will take an extra 2-3K from your budget. On the other hand, if you go with a 1DIN HU, you could go in for (9K or less with b&w) a Blau Hamburg, Kenwood 5039, JVC or Panasonic. Speakers can be Blau, JBL, Alpine etc. Illusion is a good buy, but rather difficult to get off-the-shelf. Pio fakes are a big problem - difficult to avoid. Almost all accessories shops would rather have you buy Sony - their VFM is lower than the others, nothing wrong otherwise.

In your situation, the safest would be to go to Mandovi Motors (the Blau distributor in Bangalore - Wilson Garden behind BTS depot or on Kanakapura Road) and ask for a deal on the HU, THc or ODc components (front), ODx ovals (rear, on an MDF parcel shelf) and GT4 MkII Special amp as a package - should come to 20K. They have competent installers and everything will be with bill & warranty.

Where are you located in BLR? Based on that we can suggest other installers.
Thanks for the reply DerAlte. I am situated in Bannerghatta road, Behind IIM. I am looking for 2Din for that *bling* factor , it looks cool in the waterfall design on Ritz cabin. What do you suggest on 2 Din, Sony, Pioneer or JVC?
Old 30th June 2009, 19:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

Search - you will find model number and pics on the forum:
* Pioneer (may not be the cheapest but would be the most reliable) FH-P6050UB or -P5000MP or -P4200MP
* Kenwood DPX-MP2090 (no USB) or DPX-MP5110US (with USB)
* JVC KW-XG706 (not sure of availability)
* Clarion DUZ385 (-do-)
* Sony WX-VX55S (the one that appears in a Maruti ad, I think)

The closest reputed / decent installer for you, apart from Mandovi Motors, is TMC Electronics, East End Road, Jayanagar.
Old 30th June 2009, 23:00   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Search - you will find model number and pics on the forum:
* Pioneer (may not be the cheapest but would be the most reliable) FH-P6050UB or -P5000MP or -P4200MP
* Kenwood DPX-MP2090 (no USB) or DPX-MP5110US (with USB)
* JVC KW-XG706 (not sure of availability)
* Clarion DUZ385 (-do-)
* Sony WX-VX55S (the one that appears in a Maruti ad, I think)

The closest reputed / decent installer for you, apart from Mandovi Motors, is TMC Electronics, East End Road, Jayanagar.
Thanks DerAlte. I am not able to find price of Pioneer 6050 anywhere in TBHP. Can you please help me about the pricing ?
Old 30th June 2009, 23:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

The Pioneer 6050 Double Din Costs around 9500 or something in Delhi.
Old 1st July 2009, 13:32   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Thanks for the reply DerAlte. I am situated in Bannerghatta road, Behind IIM. I am looking for 2Din for that *bling* factor , it looks cool in the waterfall design on Ritz cabin. What do you suggest on 2 Din, Sony, Pioneer or JVC?

Hey man, I stay behind apollo hospital. Let me know if you need any help on the weekend with your ICE. I shall try and let you know about the 2dins available with an installer i know.
Old 1st July 2009, 22:57   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Hey man, I stay behind apollo hospital. Let me know if you need any help on the weekend with your ICE. I shall try and let you know about the 2dins available with an installer i know.
Yes, certainly. Please let me know when you have some information to share.
Old 4th July 2009, 23:38   #11
BHPian

Finally ICEd!

Folks,

Thanks for your reply. I finally put Pioneer FH-P6050UB + Sony explode XS-GTX16402 (Rear), XS-GTF13252 (Front). All together it came around 13,500 including fitting charges. It was done at JJ enterprises in JC road, Bangalore. His price was best among other shops. The sound quality is brilliant and details are awesome. I will post pictures soon.
Old 4th July 2009, 23:40   #12
Senior - BHPian

Good that you are enjoying it.

Congrats.
Old 5th July 2009, 01:12   #13
BHPian

Sony Explode doesn't really explodes the full potential which your good HU has.
but if you are happy with it, that's what you paid it for.

enjoy the ICE.
Old 5th July 2009, 01:19   #14
BHPian

Hey congrats friend!! Please do post some pics in the show off thread. It can help those people who want to ICE in less budget and who share similar listening taste like you.
Old 6th July 2009, 16:50   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Hey where exactly do you stay. I stay near to Meenakshi Temple on Bannerghatta road.

Most Viewed