Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2009, 21:06   #31
BHPian

Revisiting the thread after a long time.
1)Compared the improvement in sound quality due to use of dynamat and closed cell foam with a stock safari belonging to Black Beast.The improvement is phenomenal actually.
2)My safari sounds like it has got some good speakers installed although it is running stock speakers
3)Even when engine is not started the sound quality is so much better than a stock safari.
4)Amit from our forum who changed to JBL speakers actually listened to my speakers said they were very much comparable to his JBL.
5)If so much difference is experienced i would definitely recommend damping done in Safari.It is absolutely necessary.
6)If anyone wants to audition my car are welcome.Please pm me for my mobile number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
1. Correct, but you cannot recognize or discard the physics associated as and when convenient. One has to be consistent

2 & 3. Does it occur to you that before damping the road noise reaching your ears was almost as loud as the bass notes of the music? End effect? 'Bass is weak'. The damping reduced the loudness of the road noise, the bass notes in music became 'louder' *as compared to the road noise* and hence you are able to hear them better. You are not feeding more power to make it louder, NOR is anything getting lost because of 'leakage'! Strictly speaking some amount of anti-phase cancellation may occur between the music and the noise, but that is not enough to be isolated or perceived

4. The earliest perception of resonance was from saying 'Hello' (or some other sound articulated by humans) - where some fundamental or harmonic frequency produced resonance. The earliest forms of music, as also the experimentation by infants with sound, also stem from that. Echo is resonance where the whole original envelop is returned with some transmission loss. Simple resonance is in fact the basis of all musical instruments. Yes, of course, any enclosed space will have a fundamental resonance frequency. But, what has that got to do with music reproduction in a Tata Safari? This is where you are taking liberties with physics of sound without being scientific

5. Good

6. For 'blocking' you need comparatively a massive or a really stiff mass which cannot be moved by the energy of the sound intended to be blocked. Damping indirectly 'blocks' sound by dissipating (yes, into heat) much of the vibrations that occur perpendicular to the surface they are on. Now, isn't that 'blocking road noise'?
CC Foam is terribly inefficient if there is only one surface. It works well when sandwiched between surfaces. If there is only one surface the air in the cells cannot be compressed, and the material is so light that it moves along with the surface it is on. It works decently on the floor pan, but that is because one places a carpet on top of it.

7. That's the only thing that matters, and no one was questioning that!!! What was questioned was the logic that was presented with it.
Old 23rd September 2009, 12:46   #32
BHPian

ICE GURUS ,

Need advice on the ICE for budget within 15-20K ( 15+ 1.5 or 3K) .

Car is Swift - below are my requirements .

1) HU : Need compatibility for USB , Bluetooth & MC - Please suggest a Model for this .( Preferably Pioneer , or any good ones latest also OK)

2) Components for Front : (2 components - I think they fit in the Front Doors )Which Brand and model numbers please+ Approximate prices

3) Rear Speakers - Model and Prices approximately ( Does swift have the compatibility to fit in rear doors - dont want to fit on the board behind )

Any body recently fitted can please suggest me !
Old 23rd September 2009, 12:54   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen4554 View Post
ICE GURUS ,

Need advice on the ICE for budget within 15-20K ( 15+ 1.5 or 3K) .

Car is Swift - below are my requirements .

1) HU : Need compatibility for USB , Bluetooth & MC - Please suggest a Model for this .( Preferably Pioneer , or any good ones latest also OK)

2) Components for Front : (2 components - I think they fit in the Front Doors )Which Brand and model numbers please+ Approximate prices

3) Rear Speakers - Model and Prices approximately ( Does swift have the compatibility to fit in rear doors - dont want to fit on the board behind )

Any body recently fitted can please suggest me !
15 k is a very tight budget if you want all these

I would suggest Kenwood/JVC HU if you want Bluetooth etc.

Do search for Swift Audio/ICE Installs. We have a lot of wicked options
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:31   #34
BHPian

thanks JKD for the quick reply..

checked in many forums and they have some old information about prices + models , any person recently installed can please help me on this...
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:53   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheelburnin View Post
Revisiting the thread after a long time.

2)My safari sounds like it has got some good speakers installed although it is running stock speakers

4)Amit from our forum who changed to JBL speakers actually listened to my speakers said they were very much comparable to his JBL.
Hey I heard that stock speakers in Safari are Balupunkt 6 inch 2 way components in front and Coaxials at back though not marked as such and HU is Alpine so Stock setup you have is actually good and may be better then 2 pairs of JBL 608C and Pioneer HU I have quality wise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks