Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2009, 16:10   #1
BHPian

Help needed- ICE set up for ANHC

Hi Guys,

I am getting delivery of ANHC "E" version which does not come with factory system so please suggest your valuable views on various configurations.

Went to Stadium in coimbatore and this is what Nazeer had to say:

Head unit: Pio 5150 - Rs.8300
Front Com: GT5 265c-Rs.4400
Rear Coax: GT5 s265-Rs.2400
Amp 4ch: JBL 1004- Rs.8400
Amp kit JBL-Rs.1800
Extra Rca cable- Rs.600 (does amp kit come with only one rca?)

This is his quote, I may need Sam Bhai's help to get some discounts

But basically I am mlooking for a system without Sub for under 25K, is this set up ok? or anything better can be found?

Please pour in your suggestions thick and fast.
Old 8th July 2009, 16:15   #2
Team-BHP Support

I see nothing wrong with what you have chosen. Just make sure you get all the warranty cars, fill them out and send them in. Also ensure that the installer uses a proper wiring harness and does not cut the wires provided for the HU and doa juggad job.
Old 8th July 2009, 16:27   #3
BHPian

Hi Navin Ji,

You'r the man, thanks a lot for the advice it means a lot to me!

Can you explain a bit more on the wiring part and also is eclipse CD3100 a better option than Pio?
Old 8th July 2009, 16:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

As naveen said every thing looks quite good but one thing which is needs attention is the jbl amp kit i am pretty sure its a fake one.

Eclipse is better then pioneer or pioneer is better then Eclipse for a system like this you won't be able to judge the difference, See what your needs are and which model can fulfill them, My personal choice will be pioneer over eclipse as you will get warranty on it or even you can go with kenwood

Last edited by karankapoor : 8th July 2009 at 16:37.
Old 8th July 2009, 16:41   #5
BHPian

Thanks Karan,

Fake?, is it possible to get a decent amp kit for under 3K? or no chance but to fake.
Old 8th July 2009, 16:42   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
My personal choice will be pioneer over eclipse as you will get warranty on it or even you can go with kenwood
I'm sorry, but the Eclipse CD3100 with B&W costs Rs 8500.
The Eclipse beats the Pio as far as SQ is concerned, but sadly the 3100 does not have the convenience of USB.

Another good option would be the Kenwood 6539 which costs Rs 9500 with B&W.

I'd choose the Eclipse over all else in that budget.
Old 8th July 2009, 21:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
I'm sorry, but the Eclipse CD3100 with B&W costs Rs 8500.
The Eclipse beats the Pio as far as SQ is concerned, but sadly the 3100 does not have the convenience of USB.

Another good option would be the Kenwood 6539 which costs Rs 9500 with B&W.

I'd choose the Eclipse over all else in that budget.
Docg when did i said eclipse makes bad products, I like Pioneer over eclipse and that my personal choice i don't need anyone to tell atleast to me what i should like or dislike. At the end of my post i clearly mentioned that its his personal choice what all features he wants in a HU.

Last edited by karankapoor : 8th July 2009 at 22:00.
Old 8th July 2009, 22:36   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
Docg when did i said eclipse makes bad products, I like Pioneer over eclipse and that my personal choice i don't need anyone to tell atleast to me what i should like or dislike. At the end of my post i clearly mentioned that its his personal choice what all features he wants in a HU.
Sir was merely indicating that the Eclipse DOES come with B&W, that's all.
In no way was I stating that you were mistaken on any other point, please do not take it in any other spirit.

The rest was my personal opinion that's all.

@Makesh I'm only involved in business development, and not sales, I just found out the price and status of this product this very morning for a friend, and thus had information which I posted. I again urge you to purchase from a local source for B&W reasons. Purchase from far away places only as a last resort.
Old 8th July 2009, 23:06   #9
Senior - BHPian

Each one of us has their own preferences, whether is pioneer, eclipse, kenwood, clarion, Alpine, each of these has their own characteristic sound and features. To some features are more important and to others its sound. I would suggest compare the features between Pioneer, Eclipse and Kenwood. Try to audition them before taking your pick. Take few songs that you listen to often and try playing them on each one of them. See which one you like and close the deal.
If I had to pick out of these 3, it would be Eclipse followed by Kenwood and than Pioneer.
Old 9th July 2009, 08:33   #10
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Still no trace of Sam :(

At lst I found out the original JBL Amp wiring kit, thanks to Suraj of Orange tree. As he recommended Sun ent was willing to give it for Rs.2990 against an MRP of Rs.3500, Don't know what sam's word would do!

But again it only has one RCA, any suggestions for the second one- brand / price?
Old 9th July 2009, 10:32   #11
Team-BHP Support

Post a pic of the JBL amp kit you found. It will help.
Old 15th July 2009, 12:00   #12
BHPian

Gunbir,

I am trying to install Hertz Energy Comps and Coax in ANHC, ESK and ECX 165 series, please guide me on the dealers address in Coimbatore (Tamil nadu) and its pricing.
Old 15th July 2009, 16:49   #13
BHPian

Hi saint,

Most of the gurus, actually all of them say this brand is a no no.

Also guys can some one suggest me set up for ID, no woofers only Comp, coax and amp+headset.
Old 23rd July 2009, 17:38   #14
BHPian

I have booked a ANHC S AT. It does not have a Cd/DVD player, it has one USB interface. While I have a collection of my favourite CDs. I am also too lazy to copy the songs from the CDs to the a USB pen drive. Besides, I feel that this should be having both. So, I enquired and Honda nowadays providing a CD drive as an accessory that one can buy. The price I got from the dealer is 13k and that seemed a bit steep to me. It's a plain vanilla CD drive (Mitsubishi make) and gets installed inside the cavity that has the USB interface as standard. The price includes altering the wiring for the CD drive and providing another interface for a USB drive near the gear lever. I am in a dilemma to go for this or not.

Can all these be done as an after-market fitment? Even if it means changing the head unit?

Cheers.
Old 23rd July 2009, 18:17   #15
Senior - BHPian

@pratim, your description is a bit confusing!

There is a USB socket but no HU? Then where is the USB connected to? Is there already another readymade location near the gear lever (possibly covered by a blank plate) where the USB socket can be shifted to?

You can of course fit an aftermarket HU of your choice (with USB of course). You may need the following additionally:
* Harness adapter for ANHC
* Dashboard fascia adapter

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks