Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2005, 15:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

Need a Pioneer AUX cable for iPod....

guys,

help !!
need to connect my 6 GB i-pod mini to my pioneer DEH-P7450 and i need something like this

can anyone tell me where can i get this ??

Thanks and cheers
Old 19th June 2005, 17:15   #2
BANNED

alfa or heera panna should have it. i guess the new pioneer models are i pod ready. does the itrip thing work with mp3s as well or is it only with radio. ?
Old 19th June 2005, 17:50   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

NC,

Why dont you try ebay.in. Am certain it will help in finding hard to source parts.

If you are ready to take some extra effort, nothing will beat the options available on www.ebay.com (american end)

GTO
Old 19th June 2005, 19:25   #4
F50
Senior - BHPian

Yeah check out Alfa just recently went there, plenty of diff. variants of ipods .... might get it there.
Old 19th June 2005, 20:03   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
guys,

help !!
need to connect my 6 GB i-pod mini to my pioneer DEH-P7450 and i need something like this

can anyone tell me where can i get this ??

Thanks and cheers
Hey there,

I can supply the same to you. It is ready stock. PM me if interested.

Viper
Old 24th June 2005, 12:35   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

I tried to get an AUX fitted in my head unit for my ipod too but havent had any luck. I have the standard double din Clarion panel that comes with the accord but my car accessory guy said there is no free outlet behind the panel for an AUX cable. He said it can be done by opening the panel and doin something to get an extra outlet but its risky for me as the panel has some coded error system due to which its not safe to fiddle around with the mechanix of it.But i dont think pioneer will be a problem, just go to a regular car accesory guy and he will have it fitted for cheap.
Old 27th June 2005, 22:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

guys,

finally sorted the issue out !

sweet talked my electrician into cutting a pioneer cd changer cable and soldering it to the RCA out from the ipod and voila - i was in business ! song list and play pause controlled via the ipod.

have a couple of questions though -

1) i have set the aux input volume to full - still it sounds a bit (just a wee bit ) less than the cd volume , why ? for ex - for a mp3 cd if i listen at volume=20 , when listening thru the ipod/aux for the same loudness of the sound i have the HU volume= 25 , why ?

2) when i put the EQ setting of the ipod on, does it cancel the EQ setting of the HU ? means does the EQ of the ipod not allow the EQ of the HU work when on ?

cheers

Last edited by normally_crazy : 27th June 2005 at 22:39.
Old 28th June 2005, 09:53   #8
Team-BHP Support

you might have noticed that the level of your tuner is also different than that of the CD. this relates to the level of the device's output (a device being the CD "unit", the output of the MP3 player, and the output of the tuner chip). usually the CD player would be the loudest and hence require the lowest setting on the HU. This has to do with the standard/nominal output levels set by the committees that govern these devices. Dont worry about it.
Old 28th June 2005, 12:41   #9
Senior - BHPian

thanks navin ...but the EQ ? what EQ setting is dominant ?
Old 28th June 2005, 12:44   #10
BHPian

Quote:
guys,
1) i have set the aux input volume to full - still it sounds a bit (just a wee bit ) less than the cd volume , why ? for ex - for a mp3 cd if i listen at volume=20 , when listening thru the ipod/aux for the same loudness of the sound i have the HU volume= 25 , why ?
cheers
The input from the CD in terms of signal strength is much higher than from any aux unit and then the difference in dB output ...

Quote:
guys,

2) when i put the EQ setting of the ipod on, does it cancel the EQ setting of the HU ? means does the EQ of the ipod not allow the EQ of the HU work when on ?

cheers
No there is no reason why this should happen ... Both EQ's work independantly and doesnt cancel each other ... The signal input to the Headunit with the equalised due to the ipod EQ and then the head unit EQ will tweak this initially EQ's signal to the amp or speakers .. Its better to fiddle with one EQ other than playing with 2 of them... Gets very complicated ... You should use the EQ which has more Freq. bands as u will have better control on the sound... Let consider that the EQ on the ipod has 8 freq band control and the one on the HU is 12 band then U should keep the EQ on the ipod flat and then play around with your HU's EQ ...
Hope this answers your query ...
EVO6
Old 29th June 2005, 00:26   #11
Team-BHP Support

well said evo 6. forgot to answer that part. 2 reasons not to over EQ.

1. too much of anything is bad (just ask the audiophiles/purists on this forum)
2. might overlaod your amp esp if you boost the bass too much. then you amp clips and fries your tweeters. did i scare you. i meant to.

trust me use EQ judiciously not to replace your volume control.

say your ipod and hu both have a 100Hz control. say the ipod is +6db and the hu is +4db. the add to +10 db at 100Hz. that is a huge boost. It means you are boosting the signal at 100hz by a factor of 10 (db is a log scale).

Now if your ipod is at +2db and the Hu at +1 db you get a total of +3db which means you are boosting the signal at 100Hz by a factor of 2.

Last edited by navin : 29th June 2005 at 00:29.
Old 29th June 2005, 15:11   #12
Team-BHP Support

Hi NC,

Navin & EVO6 have pretty much covered everything.
However, just one thing to add, when you play through your iPod, just keep the iPod volume at 80-90% and not more. (coz as you get close to 100% the iPod is straining to output and the sound quality suffers slightly, and then when your HU continues to amplify that signal it only makes it more noticeable)
Also, i would give the HU EQ preference, for the same reason as above, unless the source sound from the iPod is very dull.

cya
R
Old 29th June 2005, 17:44   #13
Senior - BHPian

thanks for the education guys !

guess ill have to try and keep the EQ of one flat and the other on - listen and decide which EQ sounds better thru the speakers, the pod or the HU - fine tune a bit !

thnx again
Old 4th May 2009, 17:54   #14
BANNED

In my Philips MP3 player, I'm having only one headphone socket. Can I use it to connect it to the AUX port of Pio 2950(w/o amps) using 3.5mm Audio Extension Cable AUX Cable (Male to Male) ?

Need a Pioneer AUX cable for iPod....-philipsgogear.jpg

Will there be any problem for HU & MP3 player ?
Old 4th May 2009, 17:59   #15
BHPian

yes you can connect without a problem.

Most Viewed