Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2009, 00:23   #46
naughty001

there is still one more option that i can consider and this would be the most cost effective option of the lot ie i can keep everything that i have but just buy one more item which is an MD142 midrange. The problem with this is that i basically will be going full circle but only instead of a system 362 i will effectively have a system 342 running active

for now the system could be run as

1) Alpine 9887 headunit
2) SPL Dynamic S-7006 amplifier
3) Dynaudio MD102 tweeters (75 watts x 2) highpassed at 5000hz
4) Dynaudio MD142 midranges (75 watts x 2) bandpassed between 800hz and 5000hz
5) Dynaudio MW162 midbass (200 watts x 2) bandpassed between 60hz and 800hz
6) SPL Dynamics S-4002 amplifier
7) 2 x Resonant Engineering REx10d4 subwoofers (lowpassed at around 60hz)

for this all i need to do is purchase the MD142 midranges which i should be able to afford in and around two to three months from now easily

when i want the really high end stuff i can look at the horns and ribbons and all the really good stuff at a later stage and even consider the conventional option that the esotars offer BUT with all things considered at that stage i will be after fitting a world class system and not just something that will only "make do" but this plan will be kept for my next car so instead of wasting any more money i can just fit whatever i have and start saving for that next install to be the one that ends all installs for me

this effectively means that i will still have a more than decent system running, in fact if i install it properly it could be an awesome sounding system but the problem is as we have stated above we all want better than awesome

Last edited by naughty001 : 13th November 2009 at 00:24.

Old 13th November 2009, 10:19   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughty001 View Post
for now the system could be run as

1) Alpine 9887 headunit
2) SPL Dynamic S-7006 amplifier
3) Dynaudio MD102 tweeters (75 watts x 2) highpassed at 5000hz
4) Dynaudio MD142 midranges (75 watts x 2) bandpassed between 800hz and 5000hz
5) Dynaudio MW162 midbass (200 watts x 2) bandpassed between 60hz and 800hz
6) SPL Dynamics S-4002 amplifier
7) 2 x Resonant Engineering REx10d4 subwoofers (lowpassed at around 60hz)

when i want the really high end stuff i can look at the horns and ribbons and all the really good stuff at a later stage and even consider the conventional option
1. The system you have listed will be very good. In fact so good it may well be termed as awesome.

2. I have used horns, ribbons, AMTs, planars and more and each of these do certain things really really well but fall short in other areas that are equally important - tonal reliability, 'correct' dispersion, etc.. After over 50 years of development by some of the best minds working on the dynamic driver the dynamic transducer is pretty much still the smartest option.

The other options are for those who ahave laready got a good dynamic system and are now just experimenting.
Old 13th November 2009, 11:52   #48
naughty001

Quote:
The other options are for those who ahave laready got a good dynamic system and are now just experimenting.
LOL - i only started collecting the above equipment because i was tired of jumping to the next best thing

the last few things i have sold away include the following items :

morel ultimo 12" subwoofer
JBL W15GTImk2 subwoofer
JL audio 10w3v3 subwoofer

audison LRX5.600 amplifier
Phoenix gold xenon x200.4 amplifier
Phoenix Gold xenon x1200.1 monoblock

MB Quart QSD 6,5" components
MB Quart RSD 6,5" components
Hertz HSK hi energy three way components

Phoenix gold EQ230 1/3rd octave EQ plus Tbat balanced line transmitter

i still have pictures of most of those items but temporarily installed in the car

thats only just the last couple of things, theres been plenty more and if i list everything ive bought and sold in the last two years alone i think this will be a very long post but it would be even longer i suppose if i listed everything from the time i started in car audio around 1989/90 (first audio system in a car of my own which included an amplifier and 6x9's which were pretty radical at that time), and the problem is that i still never get around to experimenting with the horns and high end ribbons yet, but i will get there someday

all of the above equipment would have fitted in well with any system id have managed to build but i somehow was just never satisfied, so i got rid of everything and made a fresh start only to discover i still wanted to go higher in terms of equipment and spend more than i really can afford to considering everything else i want to buy and i still havent started installing this system yet LOL

the biggest problem is actually the internet because i get to read lots of articles and reviews about lots of goodies that are tempting to buy, but i suppose its time to just stop reading and just install the system already and just listen to it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks