Team-BHP - Which 4 channel/monoblock amp from US?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Which 4 channel/monoblock amp from US? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/61833-4-channel-monoblock-amp-us.html)

A friend of mine is currently in the US and has kindly agreed to bring back an amplifier for me. My budget is upto $200 and I am open to either a powerful 4 channel (~100w RMS x 4 @ 4 ohms) or a good monoblock (~350w RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms).

I was browsing on Amazon and shortlisted these models. Can the gurus please advise which one is good?

1. Amazon.com: Clarion DPX1851 850 Watts Maximum Mono Amplifier: Electronics

2. Amazon.com: Clarion DPX2251 2/1 Channel 650 Watt Maximum Amplifier: Electronics

3. Amazon.com: Scosche HD4600 1200-Watt 4-Channel EFX Amplifier: Electronics
(4CH 1200 WATT AMP)

4. Amazon.com: Scosche 600c4 100 Watts x 4 Amplifier: Electronics

5. Amazon.com: Clarion APX4361 4/3/2 Channel 640 Watts Maximum Amplifier: Electronics (This one is great but out of my budget)

This is what i got for $222.
MRP-F600

Excellent choice e_l..

Nishant what are you looking to use them for?

Clarion APX series would be the good choice. The DPX2251 is underrated and does about 200x2 at 4 ohms or 600 at 4ohms bridge. The APX is a class AB amp where as the DPX is Class G/H designed by famous Nikola Engineering.

You can also check out the Sundown Audio or the Cadence Amplifier. They are overbuild for the price, underrated and good SQ amps. Here's where you can buy them from Powermax Electronics - Powermax Electronics

CLarion APX4361 is available at sonicelectronix for 219$. Just go for it I would say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 1387258)
This is what i got for $222.
MRP-F600

Hmm...
RMS Power (at 14.4V, 20Hz-20kHz)
Per channel into 4 ohms: 100W x 4 (1% THD)
Per channel into 2 ohms: 150W x 4
Brigded 4 ohms: 300W x 2
(Slightly better than the Clarion for the components)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Invinsible (Post 1387339)
Nishant what are you looking to use them for?

Clarion APX series would be the good choice. The DPX2251 is underrated and does about 200x2 at 4 ohms or 600 at 4ohms bridge. The APX is a class AB amp where as the DPX is Class G/H designed by famous Nikola Engineering.

You can also check out the Sundown Audio or the Cadence Amplifier. They are overbuild for the price, underrated and good SQ amps. Here's where you can buy them from Powermax Electronics - Powermax Electronics

CLarion APX4361 is available at sonicelectronix for 219$. Just go for it I would say.

RMS Power Rating:
4 ohms: 90 watts x 4 chan.
2 ohms: 160 watts x 4 chan.
Bridged, 4 ohms: 320 watts x 2 chan
(Slightly better than the Alpine for the sub)

Abhishek, I am looking to supply more power to my sub. Its rated at 300 W and currently I am supplying only about half to it. Though it still sounds great, but wouldnt mind giving it more power.

Plan A - Getting a powerful 4 channel for front components, while providing adequate power to the sub. In this case, I will be selling off my Blau amp.

Plan B - A good mono to make the setup future proof (if and when I upgrade to a sedan, it shall come in useful). In this case, I might experiment with bridging 2 channels of the current Blau amp to provide more power to the components (is this called Bi-Amping? Is this possible in my current config?)

Both Clarion and Alpine are equally good and both are slightly underrated.
For powering the sub either 300 or 320 will be barely audible, it would make just 1/4th of a Db difference. You also need to see what are comps rated at.
Yes you can bridge your existing 4 channel amp, i suppose you might need the Y cable to split the signal coming of your 2 channel rca.
I suppose your sub is single 4 ohm in which case if you looking for future upgrade get the mono something like Alpine MRPm500, its a beast, so dont be fooled by the size.

What's with the choice between the mono and the 4 channel.
What exactly do you have in mind.
Right now you are using a Blau GT4MKII Right?
Will you continue to use the Blau, if yes, then would you give bridged to the sub or power the compos of it?

In Short, do you want better quality of the compos or give the sub more power?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 1387616)
What's with the choice between the mono and the 4 channel.
What exactly do you have in mind.
Right now you are using a Blau GT4MKII Right?
Will you continue to use the Blau, if yes, then would you give bridged to the sub or power the compos of it?

In Short, do you want better quality of the compos or give the sub more power?

Read buddy read :)
The choice is because my friend can get only one amp. And both my plans are same (in terms of SQ) for my ears.
Quote:

Originally Posted by nishantgandhi (Post 1387443)
Plan A - Getting a powerful 4 channel for front components, while providing adequate power to the sub. In this case, I will be selling off my Blau amp.

Plan B - A good mono to make the setup future proof (if and when I upgrade to a sedan, it shall come in useful). In this case, I might experiment with bridging 2 channels of the current Blau amp to provide more power to the components (is this called Bi-Amping? Is this possible in my current config?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nishantgandhi (Post 1387443)

If i were you, I'll choose the 1st option and add the mono later.
The illusions might get hurt when supplied with excess power(not sure though)

Biamping is when through the passive crossover, you power the mid basses off 2 channels and the tweeters off the other 2.

This would be a normal passive setting giving bridged power.

There is a Plan C in the making.

Instead of the mono, I am now thinking of getting a good bridgeable 2 channel amp, which gives about 300+ watts RMS x 2 @ 4ohms. I believe this shall be more future proof for *my requirements*

The best deal of this sort was Frank's erstwhile Rockford Fosgate Punch @ $99. Any such deals in the offing currently?

BTW, how do you rate MB Quart, Crunch and Hifonics in the amps division? I am specifically referring to these three models:

MB Quart DSC 280 (dsc280) 2-Channel Amps Car Amplifiers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

Hifonics TXi 4008 2-Channel Amps Car Amplifiers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

Crunch P500.2 (cru-p5002) 2-Channel Amps Car Amplifiers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

Specs look good and price is attractive!

I will rate them MB>HIFONICS>CRUNCH the way you listed them if i were you i would have gone for the MB quart, This doesn't means Hifonics both will do the job, Go with any of the 2.

Just in case you change your mind and think mono again, this is what I got from the US:
REF611A - Infinity 650 Watt Class D Subwoofer Amplifier

Infinity 611a
Class D amp, 456W @4ohms, 657W @2ohms

8000 INR + shipping. Sweet deal :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by razor4077 (Post 1390848)
Just in case you change your mind and think mono again, this is what I got from the US:
REF611A - Infinity 650 Watt Class D Subwoofer Amplifier

Infinity 611a
Class D amp, 456W @4ohms, 657W @2ohms

8000 INR + shipping. Sweet deal :)

Razor dada, I was just talking to Frank about your amp. Its a gem of a piece. Find me such a sweet deal on such a powerful 2 channel also na?lol:

EDIT - How is this one?
DUB2502 - Audiobahn 2 Ch 550 Watt Class-A/B Amplifier

Specs look good!

You could also check this out:
PANASONIC CYPA2003U 1200W 2-Channel power Amplifier - CYPA2003U

Panasonic CY PA2003U. Very nice amp. @XetaGLGRocks has it fitted in his car and is very happy with it.

Under $100 (shipping extra I think) on this site.

Nishant if you're looking for SQ then please stay away from Hifonics, Crunch, Power Acoustik, Kole Audio etc.

However if you want a mono just to run the subs, and are looking for some SPL etc, then these amps are great value.

I would suggest:
MONO Amps:
MB Quart DSC 1500.1D (DSC1500.1D) (dsc15001d) Mono Subwoofer Amps Car Amplifiers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

Kicker ZX400.1 (06zx4001) Mono Subwoofer Amps Car Amplifiers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

Alpine MRP-M500 (mrpm500) Mono Subwoofer Amps Car Amplifiers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

Multichannel:
Alpine MRP-F550 (mrpf550) Multi-channel Amps Car Amplifiers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

Alpine MRP-F600 (mrpf600) Multi-channel Amps Car Amplifiers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

Eclipse XA4200 Multi-channel Amps Car Amplifiers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

MB Quart DSC 4125 (dsc4125) Multi-channel Amps Car Amplifiers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

Cheers