Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2009, 22:14   #1

Outlander - Bluetooth question

Hi,

I noticed two of the threads here mention that Outlander has the Rockford Fosgate system with bluetooth audio streaming capabilities. I have an Outlander and while the Rockford Fosgate system is awesome, I am not able to figure out the bluetooth bit. The manual or the system menus do not seem to have any setting for bluetooth. Can someone please advise?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tlander-2.html
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...pg-6-a-13.html (Mitsubishi Outlander coming. EDIT : Now Launched, Specs on Pg 6!)

TIA!
Old 27th July 2009, 19:18   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hi Aperture,

BHPian Rupesh (who's handling their GDC) got the following answer:

Quote:
the Outlander is compatible to I pods. This is possible through an FM Transmitter(available locally) which gets plugged on to the Cigarette Lighter and the displayed frequency has to be tuned manually in our system.
I think the Outlander is bluetooth compatible, in that you'd have to source a module separately (just as in the Superb). But its not standard.
Old 27th July 2009, 22:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

Errrr... hmmm! Why would one answer a Bluetooth question by saying one can play an iPod through the HU using an FM modulator? I must have missed something here.

@_aperture, using BT with this HU should be a very simple affair, like with BT headsets. Try 'discovering' the HU from your mobile (your mobile should be capable of A2DP profile - at least your mobile should have a manual). When your mobile discovers it, it will allow you to select which profile (services) the HU is capable of. You could also use a laptop with built-in BT to do this discovery bit - will actually be easier. Once the discovery part goes through, select the HU and pair with it so next time the connection takes place automatically.

Play a song through your mobile (or laptop) after this, use the source button (I have no clue where it is, I have only seen the system from outside) to switch the source to BT (or Aux-BT or something like that).

The manual *should* be mentioning the same: how to switch to a BT source. There is nothing to setup, so it wouldn't appear in a menu. Like one doesn't have to do a setting *on the headphone* to play music through headphones, right? The HU should appear like a headphone to the mobile, albeit over BT!

Happy hunting!:-)

PS: Come to think of it, it may be just as GTO says: "compatible" (needs an add-on module to work) as opposed to "built-in" (works straight out of the box without needing any additions), and as further opposed to *nothing mentioned* (which means you can't do BT for love or money - technically infeasible).

Last edited by DerAlte : 27th July 2009 at 22:46.
Old 27th July 2009, 23:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

Yea, they would have highlighted the Bluetooth feature for SURE. you know how they publicise things like submarine seats and 458734 cup holders and 3442234 pen holders. Hell, they say stuff like GCON and ICATS and other gibberish for attention. I am sure bluetooth connectivity would get more attention (hence more interest) than all these paltry things put together!
Old 28th July 2009, 02:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

I have a 2008 Lancer, and it is Bluetooth capable. So in order for me to be able to use the facility, I need to get a chip inserted into the bluetooth 'console', and then I'd be able to program upto 5 different phones in the car.The chip costs about $285, and another $70-100 to have it installed.
Old 28th July 2009, 03:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

The words that you most probably saw were 'Bluetooth Ready'.
Old 28th July 2009, 04:47   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _aperture View Post
Hi,

I noticed two of the threads here mention that Outlander has the Rockford Fosgate system with bluetooth audio streaming capabilities. I have an Outlander and while the Rockford Fosgate system is awesome, I am not able to figure out the bluetooth bit. The manual or the system menus do not seem to have any setting for bluetooth. Can someone please advise?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tlander-2.html
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...pg-6-a-13.html (Mitsubishi Outlander coming. EDIT : Now Launched, Specs on Pg 6!)

TIA!

Car /Suv with bluetooth...you need to find out whether your outlander has bluetooth already in place or is it bluetooth capable...once you determined that your outlander has bluetooth in place you have two options.#1 is it bluetooth audio,if so you can stream audio from a mp3 player with similar bluetooth available like ipod etc.first you must pair both the player and your outlander it is very easy ,start with your mp3 player put it on search mode if your car has bluetooth it will say found ???? then ask for a code usually default is 0000 ,you enter the code on your player and the next screen will let you know if successful...i#2.f you have bluetooth only and not audio bluetooth then you can pair your bluetooth capable phone ,in that case follow phone manual .Good luck

Most Viewed