Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2009, 13:52   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
carsPG, thats why i recommended the coax. if the tweeters are mounted near the mids, then its not too different from a coax setup
By saying that coax is not too different from component, you are overlooking -

1. Cone area is lost due to the tweeter post in the coax. Quite siginificant in a driver as small as 4".
2. Due to the "hole" in the cone in the coax model, there will definitely be some cancellation of bass. This will not happen in the component.
3. Coaxes usually don't have a crossover network. The component models mostly do.
4. <Illusion specific only> The coax uses a cone tweeter. The component uses a dome tweeter.
Old 21st September 2009, 14:05   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post

1. Cone area is lost due to the tweeter post in the coax. Quite siginificant in a driver as small as 4".
2. Due to the "hole" in the cone in the coax model, there will definitely be some cancellation of bass. This will not happen in the component.
true. thats why I said almost .
Quote:
3. Coaxes usually don't have a crossover network. The component models mostly do.
4. <Illusion specific only> The coax uses a cone tweeter. The component uses a dome tweeter.
those would be the lower end 4" coaxes. At the price one pays for 4" components, you should probably be able to get hold of a 4" coax with dome tweeters and an external crossover
Old 22nd September 2009, 00:14   #63
BHPian

@CarsPG: Congrats for the ICE setup!
Here is a quick pic of the tweeter installation. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ml#post1480595

Will try to post higher resolution pics once I get my cam back.

By the way, did you get some damping material installed around the mid-woofers? Its a small task of sealing any air gaps between the front and rear part of the speaker and makes considerable difference to the sound output.
Old 22nd September 2009, 10:29   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post

B&T most coax (not the whiizer cone types) have a NdFeb dome tweeter that is pretty small. That said I still prefer a component system to a coax in most applications (for some applications where the sound is going to be reflected and the coax is a high quality this might be an exception).

2 way Coaxes (dome tweeter inside a cone woofer) do have a simple Xo network - often this comprises of just a single 5uf cap for the tweeter. But a XO network it is. Only the whizzer cone type coaxes do not have a XO.

this is whizzer cone type coax
http://www.spectrumaudio.de/breit/fo...ostexFE207.jpg

this is a dome tweeter type coax
http://i.testfreaks.co.uk/images/pro...627.564479.jpg
Old 22nd September 2009, 14:16   #65
Senior - BHPian

@CarsPG - Congrats on your new ICE setup

I have not done ICE for my Spark yet, planning to do this weekend @ EVO

HU KENWOOD MP6043U
Front Co-ax Hertz DCX 100
Rear 6x9 Polk DB690

Last edited by Latheesh : 22nd September 2009 at 14:18.
Old 23rd September 2009, 21:46   #66
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
I finally got my ICE done.

Pio 3190 HU
4.1 Illusion Comps
Internal Antenna

Cost me Rs. 11,500 including wiring & installation. Also got Autocop XS 2500 central locking installed. That cost me Rs. 3,500. All products are with bill and warranty.

Paid Rs. 14,800 in all after a Rs. 200 discount.

Haven't really had a chance to listen to test the ICE yet. Will post some reviews once I get to listen to the system.

thelord - Please do post some pictures. I've mounted the tweeters on the dashboard itself near the speakers.
Congrats !!

Do post some pics and info on installation location.

@All is Autocop and Scorpio same?
Old 26th September 2009, 22:55   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
@CarsPG - Congrats on your new ICE setup

I have not done ICE for my Spark yet, planning to do this weekend @ EVO

HU KENWOOD MP6043U
Rear 6x9 Polk DB690
I ICEd my Spark today at EVO. Did not get much time to check it, initial impression is good
Old 8th October 2009, 02:42   #68
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I ICEd my Spark today at EVO. Did not get much time to check it, initial impression is good
Oh Great. Do keep posted.
Old 19th October 2009, 22:18   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
Is there any other way to fit rear speaker in spark other than rear parcel tray without compromising much on SQ? I don't want to loose too much rear boot space.

Any suggestion will be welcome.

Thanks.
I understand your feeling of the rear bootspace in Spark. If you do not want to install a parcel tray, skip the rear speakers and just get some good 4" components and a 4 channel amp.

For the bass get a sub in sealed box installed in the boot. Set it up in such a way that the sub box is detachable when ever you need the space in the boot.
Old 20th October 2009, 00:21   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame View Post
I understand your feeling of the rear bootspace in Spark. If you do not want to install a parcel tray, skip the rear speakers and just get some good 4" components and a 4 channel amp.

For the bass get a sub in sealed box installed in the boot. Set it up in such a way that the sub box is detachable when ever you need the space in the boot.
Is there any way we can fit a DVD Player in the Chevy Spark? I mean a 2 Din DVD player or a Single din with the Panel fitted somewhere on the dash....Gurus...please help
Old 20th October 2009, 18:59   #71
BHPian

You should be able to fit any 2 DIN or single DIN DVD player in the spark. DVH series from Pio is great VFM. What's your budget like?
Old 21st October 2009, 14:12   #72
Senior - BHPian

My Spark too got its ICE treatment on 19/10/2009 at Mumbai. Not really a budget system by my standards, but I would definitely recommend 6.5" components over 4" components done from a competent installer. The difference between them is quite a lot.
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:26   #73
Senior - BHPian

I have ICEd ("Budget!!!") my Spark last month and thinking of adding AMP& SUB.My present setup is

HU KENWOOD MP6043U
Rear 6x9 Polk DB690

When asked installer suggested

JBL GT5 S422 2 Ch AMP
Boston Sxi 126 SUB

and he quited ~ 10K (incl box and Amp wiring) for the upgrade, Gurus your comments please..
(As I mentioned in the above post I listen to all kind of music)
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:52   #74
Senior - BHPian

Well I am no guru at this but, I would suggest that you go for a 4 channel amp and use two of them to power your components and bridge two to drive the sub. The difference will be quite noticable.
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:06   #75
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Sparkled, I do not have comps but co-ax

Are you pushing me to go for comp:-))))

Last edited by Latheesh : 23rd October 2009 at 11:15.

Most Viewed