Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2009, 11:20   #1
BHPian

Performance of Xenos XCT-RAU-100

Hello everyone,

I've a Ritz & planning for an ICE. Whiling researching I came across this HU from Xenos. This HU has only USB & SD slot (no CD). The guy from Xenos has promised to deliver this unit for 3.5k.

From the gurus I would like to know how good this HU is when compared to Pioneer, Kenwood, Sony on SQ.

More info: Techtree.com India > News > Consumer Electronics > Xenos' USB Car Stereo with FM
Old 28th July 2009, 11:29   #2
Team-BHP Support

Xenos is not a well known brand. I dont know any ICE installations using this brand.
Old 28th July 2009, 12:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

Xenos is more of a 'distribution' outfit, where the source of the goods is one of the many 'put your own brand on my product' OE manufacturers from China. The design is done in Taiwan / China, and is of 'one design, many variants' variety. "Fit and forget" product philosophy is replaced by "Use and throw", so forget about serviceability and spares. They will always be cheap enough not to warrant servicing.

The only difference between a Xenos and the dozens of shops selling the same units (with a China-designed brand name) in JC / Mission / Lalbagh Road and Burma Bazar is that with Xenos one can have the *expectancy* of higher price, better finish and the possibility of unit replacement on failure within warranty period if you can figure out whom to ask.

There is nothing inherently wrong in functionality - just don't talk in superlatives on quality, finesse, standards, etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks