Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2009, 10:41   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
does anyone know what is the MAX size of the tweeter that can be accommodated in the sail panel (near the power ORVM button)
The fiesta's stock sail panel can easily accommodate 20mm tweeter. Some 1" can also be squeezed depending upon their casing size and dome profile.

The fiesta stock locations accept 5 X 7" speakers. Putting the bigger speaker is of no use as the grill / perforation in the door pad is quite small which will restrict the drivers output. Putting the speakers in the rear parcel shelf helps in centering the front image.

Last edited by Autophile : 9th August 2009 at 10:52.
Old 9th August 2009, 10:59   #32
BHPian

Fixing my infinity tweeters on the ovrm took some effort . The ovrm pods are designed exactly for the stock tweeters, I'm sure your luccent's tweeters wont fit in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
The fiesta stock locations accept 5 X 7" speakers. Putting the bigger speaker is of no use as the grill / perforation in the door pad is quite small which will restrict the drivers output. Putting the speakers in the rear parcel shelf helps in centering the front image.
+1. I had mentioned this earlier on some other thread, If you look at the grill on the door pads you will have a better idea. 5.25 fits the best else you need to find 5X7's.
Old 10th August 2009, 01:31   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
does anyone know what is the MAX size of the tweeter that can be accommodated in the sail panel (near the power ORVM button)
Frankji, on 6th you were going to book it tomorrow.
Is it Booked ? where's the Sweets and yeah Hearty congrats
Old 10th August 2009, 09:53   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Frankji, on 6th you were going to book it tomorrow.
Is it Booked ? where's the Sweets and yeah Hearty congrats
Yes, the booking was done.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ml#post1419927
Old 11th August 2009, 00:46   #35
Senior - BHPian

Which 5x7s are you planning to plonk in, FM?
You sure are gonna love the mids. The 5x7s are real thumpers.
Old 11th August 2009, 00:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hey frank this might just help in 5x7's
Polk Audio - SR Series - Mobile Speakers
Old 11th August 2009, 01:05   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Putting the speakers in the rear parcel shelf helps in centering the front image.
Sir, i kind of did not get this one.

Did you mean the front mid basses in the rear?
how would that help in centering the front image?
Old 11th August 2009, 01:07   #38
Senior - BHPian

My recommendation: JL Audio ZR570-CSi (zr570csi) 6" x 8" Component Systems Car Speakers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix
Old 11th August 2009, 11:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Putting the speakers in the rear parcel shelf helps in centering the front image.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Sir, i kind of did not get this one.

Did you mean the front mid basses in the rear?
how would that help in centering the front image?
Strange to hear this

Maybe some new technology which we all here do not know. But I think Navin Ji might be knowing it...
Old 11th August 2009, 11:17   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Strange to hear this

Maybe some new technology which we all here do not know. But I think Navin Ji might be knowing it...
One probable explanation - though Autophile might have a different explanation - I can think of.

When the driver and passenger are sitting in the front the driver is closer to the speaker on the right and the passneger to the speaker on the left. If we use TA to align the front speaker's delays to suit the driver the passenger will get a really wierd image.

Hence if we make a compromise setting for the front image the image will come from the center of the dash.

Now if the rear right speaker was firing towards the left front passenger and vice versa the output of the rear speakers (in some cars - mostly sedans) might center the image for the front passengers.
Old 11th August 2009, 11:22   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Now if the rear right speaker was firing towards the left front passenger and vice versa the output of the rear speakers (in some cars - mostly sedans) might center the image for the front passengers.
I can tend to agree here but what will happen when the sound is coming from the back. Which will disturb the listener by creating a back sound stage.

If one is hell bent on putting speakers in the back. I would use BPF to reduce the localization of them. Like using them for vocal part and no highs and maybe a bit midbass.
Old 11th August 2009, 11:33   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
One probable explanation - though Autophile might have a different explanation - I can think of.

When the driver and passenger are sitting in the front the driver is closer to the speaker on the right and the passneger to the speaker on the left. If we use TA to align the front speaker's delays to suit the driver the passenger will get a really wierd image.

Hence if we make a compromise setting for the front image the image will come from the center of the dash.

Thanks for the explanation navin ji. But what about the tweeters in that case?
Won't there be an odd sound stage ( a front sound stage from tweeters and more like a rear sound stage {not fully rear} from the mids. )

IMO its better to compromise a bit on the driver than try out this combo as the output just might not be as good. ( but would love to hear a car with one such combo )
Old 11th August 2009, 11:58   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
... Like using them for vocal part and no highs and maybe a bit midbass.
That's exactly what Pio's FIE does - throttles down the mids and highs from the rear. They have had that for the last 15+ years. Try using the Fader after setting FIE - you can figure out what is happening.
Old 11th August 2009, 13:32   #44
BHPian

I was talking about putting a pair of coaxials in the rear parcel shelf and feed them little power (fader can be used). It really helps in centering the front image which other wise is not great.

It is car dependent so it can work in one car but might not work in another. Hope it helps.
Old 11th August 2009, 13:50   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Thanks for the explanation navin ji. But what about the tweeters in that case?
Quote:
It is car dependent so it can work in one car but might not work in another. Hope it helps.
Like JB said it is car dependant.

In most cases a good pair of front components (esp the bigger 3 way sets some of you are using) is more than enough. JB solution will work better for lesser systems.

It seems to work better for some sedans better than htachbacks. This might be becuase of the angle of the rear glass of the sedan vs the hatchback - I really do NOT know. I speak purely from emperical experience. I have not used any rigid mathematical formule to simulate this (though with todays powerful computers I am sure some of you will have the wherewithal to do this).

For example it worked well in my Opel Astra but not in the Contessa. It might also have to do wth the bass system employed. the Astra had a simple Aperiodic bass while the Contessa had a transmission line (ducted into the cabin). I found in the Contessa that the rear speakers robbed the overall sound of it's timing.

I would not try this with a hatchback though. Cant give a reason except that it is my instinct (which is as often wrong,as it is right).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks