Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2009, 16:47   #46
Senior - BHPian

@DerAlte: the safari & innova has no crossovers to seperate the frequencies. will they still qualify as compos?
Old 7th August 2009, 23:28   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post

Subwoofers? After-market, must be, not OE fitment. Where in the cabin did you see it fitted? Rear door / tailgate?
I had a brochure for Tata safari when the Karunesh Song was launched. It showed a 6 speaker system and a subwoofer.
Old 8th August 2009, 11:50   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
@DerAlte: the safari & innova has no crossovers to seperate the frequencies. will they still qualify as compos?
a. Components = separate mid-bass and tweeter. Just so that each does its job well, and can be mounted appropriately to create a good soundstage
b. When calling them "components", there is no assumption made regarding whether they are given the full signal, or only the parts that make sense for each. Each driver will reproduce at most what it's mechanical parameters will allow. The frequency separation is desirable only from the p-o-v of energy efficiency and avoiding undesirable side effects. If the drivers are over-designed, i.e. robust and meant to work well despite the side effects, separation is not necessary
c. If you cannot see the crossover, it doesn't mean it doesn't have a cross over. Care to open up everything and check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
I had a brochure for Tata safari when the Karunesh Song was launched. It showed a 6 speaker system and a subwoofer.
I am unable to recognize the time period you are referring to (never could get myself to appreciate Karunesh), but ever since I have been looking at Safaris, there wasn't a sub that came with it.

However, it *could* be possible. There is provision on the tailgate to mount an 8" driver, which would use the tailgate volume as the box. If you open the fibre door-pad on the tail gate, you can see the opening on the left, i.e. away from the latch.

Last edited by DerAlte : 8th August 2009 at 11:58.
Old 8th August 2009, 14:05   #49
Senior - BHPian

I guess the best OE sound system is the one in the Outlander. Miles better than anything else out there.

Cedia comes with a decent HU - a blau MP46. I opened it it once just to see whats in it. The DAC is a pretty decent Burr Brown 1796A and the amp is based on a pair of tripath (Class T) chips for each channel. Good hardware for something that costs 9k retail I'd say. Plus the FM tuner is probably the best I've seen till date in a car.

The speakers are terrible mitsubishi branded coaxials.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 8th August 2009 at 14:07.
Old 8th August 2009, 15:59   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
c. If you cannot see the crossover, it doesn't mean it doesn't have a cross over. Care to open up everything and check?
yes buddy, opened up the innova's system & found no crorssover.

but then as you say, if having a midbass & tweeter can be called a compo set, then both have compos in front.
Old 8th August 2009, 16:10   #51
Senior - BHPian

raj, was there at least a small capacitor along with the tweeter? thats the most basic crossover you can get
Old 8th August 2009, 20:17   #52
Senior - BHPian

Heh heh, that's what. Raj didn't open that much!

Yes, a single capacitor to route HF only to the tweeter also qualifies as an XO. And that's what the Innova and Safari stock compos have. Rejoice, O Raj(a)!
Old 8th August 2009, 20:35   #53
Senior - BHPian

LOL... DerAlte got it right!
first- i dint open it THAT much.
second- i dont know where a capacitor is found in ICEs!!!
Old 9th August 2009, 16:01   #54
Senior - BHPian

Usually in the tweeter body. Sometimes near it.
Old 9th August 2009, 19:51   #55
Senior - BHPian

DerAlte, even I recall a time when some safari variant had a sub as OE. At least there was one on the safari that was sent to some reviewer, and he was raving about the ICE in it..
Old 9th March 2010, 00:00   #56
Senior - BHPian

Just bumping this thread- Have got an Innova VX (the face-lifted version)and the sound quality is pretty mediocre.

I have a JBL components / sub / 6*9 / 4 channel amp / monoblock amp setup in my Baleno and honestly if I am in that car for sometime- I do not switch on the Innova's system for the next two days.

Wanted to know what speakers should I change to to at least have palatable SQ. the other problem is that what tweeters will fit in the tiny tweeter trays on the doors.

any suggestions will be appreciated. dont want to change the HU right now for the fear of disabling the steering mounted controls
Old 9th March 2010, 09:01   #57
Senior - BHPian

i think this is the wrong thread to post your query buddy.

post it here-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ing-new-q.html

Also, that said, i think innova has the best stock ICE in that segment, below 12 lakhs. but of course, you have a 30k system in your baleno, so you wont be satisfied!
Old 6th January 2011, 23:09   #58
BHPian

re: Stock OEM music systems and related opinions

Honda Jazz speakers are panasonic not sure about HU
snorting bull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2011, 02:34   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Most OEM systems are built to a price point. A very small price point. Honda used to supply Alpine HUs on their City but have now swtiched to a custom HU that is part of the fascia.
Any idea what the Civic uses? Currenty the weak link and endangered species in my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Cedia comes with a decent HU - a blau MP46. I opened it it once just to see whats in it. The DAC is a pretty decent Burr Brown 1796A and the amp is based on a pair of tripath (Class T) chips for each channel.
Where is the amp located? I'm curious to know how and where OEM package amps and subs in hi-end cars.
Old 7th January 2011, 03:21   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Where is the amp located? I'm curious to know how and where OEM package amps and subs in hi-end cars.
By amp he meant the built in amp in the Head unit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks