Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2009, 11:36   #1
BHPian

LCD / TFT screen for Honda City

Hi,
I have a Honda City ZX,2006. At present I just have a Panasonic CD player with 4 speakers.
I would like to install an LCD screen with DVD/VCD player in my car. Especially for my children who sit on the back seat.
I have absolutely no idea what specs (sizes,resolution) to look for , what are the prices , which brands to look out for and which ones to avoid.
Could anyone please help me out in this regard ? Has anyone of the members already using something similar ? Any advice / pointers would be most helpful.
Thanks in advance.
Old 29th December 2009, 17:46   #2
BHPian

Hey, Really wonder how there wasnt a reply.

Whats your budget ??

You said you only have a Cd player & essenially you would need to upgrade to a DVD player.

IMHO... the choices would include,

1. upgrading your CD Player to a DVD and have a simple LCD Screen fitted. approx 10 - 12 K ( HU + Screen)
(or)
2. retain your existing CD player and go for a LCD screen with DVD player in built. approx 7 K ( you get lot of un named brands)

Please let us know your budget and preference.
Old 15th January 2010, 14:23   #3

Hey ambivalent.. did you get something yet ? I was looking for something similar for my scorpio. Please let me know.

Vinay - I like option 2. Can you give me more details if possible.
Old 10th February 2010, 18:06   #4
BHPian

I have a JVC DVD HU with a Chinese make roof mounted 7" LCD in my Maruti Esteem. I want to replace the LCD screen with a 9" or higher one primarily because display has become hazy and while the engine is on or the car is moving there are lot of disturbance on the screen.

Can you suggest a good LCD screen that does not go hazy or jerks during movement. Not any super expensive stuff though as that will be out of my budget which is strictly within 7-8 K.
Old 10th February 2010, 18:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

I have been using 7" necvox for the last 3 years and have had absolutely no problem with it. I think it costs around 5k.
Old 10th February 2010, 18:27   #6
BHPian

Is this brand officially available in India I mean with warranty & service back-up? I need to check availability at Kolkata.

Local accessory shop offering me some brand WorldTel, I guess Chinese again, @ Rs. 4200/- Do you think it would be worth a look if the brand suggested by you is avilable in Kolkata?
Old 11th February 2010, 10:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

I would recommend necvox against any of these chinese stuff. Local dealers offer 6 months replacement warranty and full service support too.
Old 11th February 2010, 11:24   #8
BHPian

To add to your confusion, let me give one more idea.Install lcd screens integrated into headrests.Some of them come with headphone outputs and DVD drives which can be used by your kids while watching movies without disturbing you.This way you could still play music in your car while each kid watches movie of his/her own choice.But these gadgets are chinese make .On the forum i have seen Steeroid's car installed with these.But do not have personal experience with them.

Last edited by freewheelburnin : 11th February 2010 at 11:25.
Old 11th February 2010, 11:41   #9

Recently one of my friends who drives a Honda City ZX replaced the stock CD player with a Two DIN HU from Pioneer. I think it cost him approx. 32k. The system has support for bluetooth, USB, iPod, ext-Video, etc. Ext-video interface has helped him connect the video parking sensor. The anti-glare coated LCD screen works pretty well in extreme light conditions. Most importantly he has bought this system exclusively to address the same requirement as you!
Old 11th February 2010, 19:29   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tauk2mi View Post
Recently one of my friends who drives a Honda City ZX replaced the stock CD player with a Two DIN HU from Pioneer. I think it cost him approx. 32k. The system has support for bluetooth, USB, iPod, ext-Video, etc. Ext-video interface has helped him connect the video parking sensor. The anti-glare coated LCD screen works pretty well in extreme light conditions. Most importantly he has bought this system exclusively to address the same requirement as you!

Does this particular model have DVD to play vidieos in its LCD screen? also can u tell me from where in chennai your friend fitted it and how much is the fitting charges?
Old 11th February 2010, 20:04   #11

Yes, it can play DVDs through its integrated 5.8" (16:9) QVGA wide TFT active matrix LCD colour screen. Detailed specs are in the link provided in the previous post. Radio Warehouse (Triplicane) fitted the system and it took approx 1 hour to complete the installation. The cost includes the installation charges as well. Haute Car Zone at OMR has a demo setup that would help you experience the system prior to installation.
Old 1st April 2010, 19:14   #12
BHPian

any one in chennai fixed roof top mounted or head back rest DVD with LCD for ANHC? if so please post your experience along with photos and details of cost, model, place etc

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 1st April 2010 at 19:14. Reason: missed a word
Old 4th April 2010, 20:04   #13
BHPian

Any one in this forum fixed DVD in ANHC please post your experience along with photos thank you

1.which is the best place to fix DVD in ANHC,

2.which is the best model

3.Does the existing Audio support External DVD input

4.Do we have separate external clamps in our market to fix portable DVD players like SONY

5.What is the long term effects affecting the driver while driving

6. Is it legal in our country RTO approved for sedan vehicles

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks