Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2005, 13:39   #1
BHPian

Snaps of my ICE

Hey guys, finally got around hosting pics of my ICE.

I have a Pioneer KEH-P 8950 4v preout cassette HU mated to a Pioneer 12 CD changer below the drivers seat. The signal then goes to the two amplifiers, first to the Premier 414 which runs the only two speaker in my car, the Blaupunkt TX200 3 way speakers (8" Giants on my front doors, you gotta hear the mids on them to believe them!). The other amp a MTX thunder 2150, which runs the single Cerwin Vega "Vega 12" subwoofer.

I stuck the remote on the roof light and now I am so used to it that I can control the HU without removing it out of the holder and without taking my eyes of the road. Dont feel the need for a steering remote which I had earlier alongwith the roof remote.

There is also a Scosche power distribution block below the MTX amp which protects my amps from current fluctuation.

All power cables and RCA cables are from Scosche.

Guys, your comments!

My car

The 8950 HU

The remote on the roof lamp

The Dashboard

The amplifiers

The LH front door with a special enclosure to mount the 8" speakers

The 8" Blau 3 way speaker

The Vega 12" sub

The massive ported enclosure for the sub
Old 30th June 2005, 14:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Dude, Thats one hell of an audio set up. this is what i call "Do more with less!!!".

Can't wait to meet up with u and check ur ride.

How much did u spill out for the entire setup??
Old 30th June 2005, 14:18   #3
Team-BHP Support

Nice set-up. One doubt though: The placement of the remote seem's a bit odd. Wouldn't it really be easier to use the controls on the head unit itself, as on a Palio, they are perfectly placed.

Come to think of it, I don't recall using the remote on my deck even once. Never found the need to.

BTW: Topic shifted to the In-car Entertainment section
Old 30th June 2005, 18:25   #4
BHPian

Thanks very much Nitrous! Will definitely meet sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
One doubt though: The placement of the remote seem's a bit odd. Wouldn't it really be easier to use the controls on the head unit itself, as on a Palio, they are perfectly placed.
If I have to use my HU I would have to take my eyes off the road. Instead, like I already explained in my post "I can control the HU without removing it out of the holder and without taking my eyes of the road."
Old 1st July 2005, 09:35   #5
Team-BHP Support

congrats. finnaly we see a system where the wiring is given the same importnace as the components.

BTW how did yu fit the 8" in teh door. would love to do that on my wife's sail. got a pair of great 6". can it be done with motororised windows?
Old 1st July 2005, 12:30   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
BTW how did yu fit the 8" in teh door. would love to do that on my wife's sail. got a pair of great 6". can it be done with motororised windows?
Thanx Navin, I was waiting for your comments.

I made a fibreglass enclosure to mount the speakers. We had to remove the map holders (Not able to get the exact term for it) on the front door pads to put the enclosure in its place.

For 6" speakers which is a fairly normal and widely used size I think you can mount them on the factory speaker location itself.

Otherwise, I am not sure how the sail door pads look like? If they are like the Astra's which we own, I guess you will have to cut the bottom door pad and make an enclosure for the speakers. Which basically depends on you guys, if you want to do something like that!
Old 1st July 2005, 20:27   #7
Team-BHP Support

Me? why me? I am flattered you'd care for my views.

yeah i noticed your map pockeets were gone. nice work on the fiberglass though. well the 6" woofers I am talking about have an OD of 177mm (almost 7") and a depth of over 2.25". Vifa PL 18xxxx series.

my wife needs the map pcokets as she has to keep small things there to keep our son entertained when she drives. Actually the Sail has more door depth than the Astra (atleast where the speaker pod is). A Vifa PL14 did not fit in the Astra but fit in the Sail.

Anyone know someone in Mumbai who can do this sort of work (fiberglass custom panels)?

5u3Zero... I love this car. BTW whats with the Star Wars type name.
Old 1st July 2005, 22:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

Nice setup man. How's the performance of the Vega Woofer?? Don't know much abt its quality. The setup looks very neat, nice job man!! Keep it Loud...

and guys is such a big box necessary for a 12" sub?? i think i've seen smaller boxes for 12"ers. Well i have the same size box in my car, and it does take up a lot of space, would be worse in a Palio for sure.

Last edited by karthik247 : 1st July 2005 at 22:30.
Old 2nd July 2005, 13:15   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Nice setup man. How's the performance of the Vega Woofer?? Don't know much abt its quality. The setup looks very neat, nice job man!! Keep it Loud...

and guys is such a big box necessary for a 12" sub?? i think i've seen smaller boxes for 12"ers. Well i have the same size box in my car, and it does take up a lot of space, would be worse in a Palio for sure.
Hey Karthik, thanks man! The Vega’s performance is pretty good. The vega in my car can get much louder than cars with 2 subs of most brands. The sound quality is pretty good too.

Each subwoofer comes with an ideal enclosure size for it to be placed in, except if it’s a free air sub which can just be mounted on the rear shelf and the entire boot acts as the sub. My vega sub needs such a large ported enclosure to perform to its peak. Boot space is a very very small price to pay for good music on the move!

Navin, 7” speakers would be real nice…..You would have the mids and the bass right in front of you! Try to figure out a way to mount them without loosing space for your son’s stuff.

its not a star wars type name…..Read this thread for an explanation
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5892
Old 2nd July 2005, 15:10   #10
BHPian

WOW BABY!!!!!You must be blowing up the ppl's heads when you are on the road.
The placement of the remote a bit odd....and those speakers on the door how do you do it?????
KEEP IT UP MAN.....AND BLOW EVERYONE UP
Old 2nd July 2005, 15:44   #11
Senior - BHPian

How much do the Vega's cost man?? Are they better than, say Kicker or JBL??
Old 4th July 2005, 10:28   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
How much do the Vega's cost man?? Are they better than, say Kicker or JBL??
I dont know how they cost now but I bought it for 12,000 a few years back. For me, Yes, the Vega is better. Kicker and JBL didnt have the sub with the specs I wanted. This Vega is capable of handling 400watts rms!!
Old 4th July 2005, 20:22   #13
Team-BHP Support

for those who are too youn to remember cervin vega was THE brand for metal/hard rock fans many moons ago. I mean many moons ago like "i saw Led Zepplin live" that many moons ago. Yeah and The Who still had Keith Moon on the skins. So now I have dated my self. Ajmat and Rudra might remember those days.
Old 4th July 2005, 21:11   #14
BHPian

hey guys, how bout a jbl Bass tube and a jbl amp..is it worth it??suggest me some nice configuration..
Old 5th July 2005, 16:06   #15
Team-BHP Support

can you listne to them. your ears are the best judge.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks