Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2010, 13:59   #16
BANNED

Now CASKA has a dealer in Mumbai, Dehi, Bangalore, Cochin and Gujarat. The name is in their website Caska. And they have stock of Fortuner, civic, corolla and other brands. I went to the dealer in cochin 2 days back for checking the system. The quality seems to be good. The tactile feel is great. They gave me a detailed demo in their Civic. The only bad thing is the price. Its 47000inr. Add Rs 11000 for TPMS and Rs.9000 for ipas and you are done...
Cheers
Dilip

Last edited by dilipkumar7278 : 26th July 2010 at 14:08.
Old 1st August 2010, 22:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Now CASKA has a dealer in Mumbai, Dehi, Bangalore, Cochin and Gujarat. The name is in their website Caska. And they have stock of Fortuner, civic, corolla and other brands. I went to the dealer in cochin 2 days back for checking the system. The quality seems to be good. The tactile feel is great. They gave me a detailed demo in their Civic. The only bad thing is the price. Its 47000inr. Add Rs 11000 for TPMS and Rs.9000 for ipas and you are done...
Cheers
Dilip
Thats way too expensive BTW what is TPMS and IPAS?
But the quality as such looks to be very good.
Old 1st August 2010, 23:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Thats way too expensive BTW what is TPMS and IPAS?
But the quality as such looks to be very good.
TPMS - Tire Pressure Monitoring System
IPAS - Caska's Hi Fi Parking Assist System
Old 11th August 2010, 01:27   #19
BHPian

Hi guys, anyone interested in buying a Caska OE for Innova/Fortuner check out my ad in the classifieds section: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/8786/cat/18
Old 11th August 2010, 18:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salman_ferrari View Post
Hi guys, anyone interested in buying a Caska OE for Innova/Fortuner check out my ad in the classifieds section: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/8786/cat/18
Why are you switching back to the default system?
Old 13th August 2010, 11:27   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

I am not quite sure about this caska.
fitting seems nice.the dimensions match up as quoted to the specified dash(specifically ford vehicles,which i was intersted in).
but for the price..doesnt it seem exorbotant?
and the tag line for the IPAS:
"Blind your car! Who can pass? IPAS! Worry to pack your car? CASKA IPAS will end it."
seriusly,quoted verbatim.
usually, in the phones manufactured in non-english speaking nations, this kind of english filters into the menus as well, which makes it almost impossible to understand what you are supposed to do next.
has anyone faced this in these caska units?

If its fine, i'd gladly fit it on my ride.

If not, has anybody got any idea if the endeavour's touch screen system are available off the shelf??and for how much
Old 13th August 2010, 12:00   #22
BHPian

47K is day light robbery for whatever that CASCA thing is. That kind of money (or a lil' more) can get you a full fledged ready to use CarPC with infinitely more features and flexibility.

Check Ebay.com for a Metra Trim ring and a ready made 2DIN CarPC (check out Revo-Sys) and you would be glad you chose the CarPC path than a severely limited and stupidly expensive HU. If you are the DIY kind, you can save even a lot more.
Old 13th August 2010, 12:21   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
47K is day light robbery for whatever that CASCA thing is. That kind of money (or a lil' more) can get you a full fledged ready to use CarPC with infinitely more features and flexibility.

Check Ebay.com for a Metra Trim ring and a ready made 2DIN CarPC (check out Revo-Sys) and you would be glad you chose the CarPC path than a severely limited and stupidly expensive HU. If you are the DIY kind, you can save even a lot more.
thats interesting, to say the very least.
very well put together, the whole unit.
I've been toying with the idea of dismantling an old thinkpad for long.
but i think that roundabout for the same cost an effort, it is better to go for 2din for car purposes.In my books, a carputer makes sense if youre dynamically playing with the performance managing silicon of the car.
but, hey, thats my entitled-to opinion.

by the by,nobody has any info for the endeavour's touch-screen unit?
Old 13th August 2010, 12:52   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
by the by,nobody has any info for the endeavour's touch-screen unit?
Thats a standard Kenwood system and available off the shelf from Kenwood dealers. You can check the Kenwood India site for details. I don't know which exact model is used in the endeavour.

Last edited by dinu2506 : 13th August 2010 at 12:58.
Old 13th August 2010, 13:00   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Thats a standard Kenwood system and available off the shelf from Kenwood dealers. You can check the Kenwood India site for details. I don't know which exact model is used in the endeavour.
Which model/number is it?
kenwood OEs are usually on the pricier side,aint it?
and the dealers, knowing that its OE, and that too on an endeavour, must definitely be using that as a sales pitch and jacking up the price.
Old 18th August 2010, 10:28   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post

I have VW Passat,the existing 2DIN unit is 6cd changer and AUX IN,I just bought one 2DIN unit from China wholesale on net.It is pin to Pin compatible with Passat 2DIN including MFT(multi function Display,steering controls),GPS built in navigation with working India maps,DVD player,Blue tooth,analouge TV with antena,SD card and USB in,radio am fm,Reverse camera made for passat rear number plate,it has win 6 mobile OS with 7" touch screen(I can see word and excel mobile files on it and load winmobile software in thru SD card).The sound quality is excellent.I have been using it for last two months without any hitch.If i want the same player from VW the price on net is 1220 EURO.The made in china is US $ 350 including UPS air shipping.I paid Rs 855 duty for custom and Rs 314 Octroi(Mumbai) and Rs 200 handing charges.The total came to Rs 18169 that includes Passat reverse camera and all india maps on 2gb SD card.
Attached Thumbnails
Caska HU - OE Fitment-12729639931.jpg  

Old 18th August 2010, 10:53   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasant3 View Post
I have VW Passat,the existing 2DIN unit is 6cd changer and AUX IN,I just bought one 2DIN unit from China wholesale on net.It is pin to Pin compatible with Passat 2DIN including MFT(multi function Display,steering controls),GPS built in navigation with working India maps,DVD player,Blue tooth,analouge TV with antena,SD card and USB in,radio am fm,Reverse camera made for passat rear number plate,it has win 6 mobile OS with 7" touch screen(I can see word and excel mobile files on it and load winmobile software in thru SD card).The sound quality is excellent.I have been using it for last two months without any hitch.If i want the same player from VW the price on net is 1220 EURO.The made in china is US $ 350 including UPS air shipping.I paid Rs 855 duty for custom and Rs 314 Octroi(Mumbai) and Rs 200 handing charges.The total came to Rs 18169 that includes Passat reverse camera and all india maps on 2gb SD card.
Thats more like it.
can you post some pictures of the installed unit???
i'm having a tough time trying to get some solution to the empty spaces left around the edges with an aftermarket 2din unit
Old 18th August 2010, 11:35   #28
knp
BHPian

Hi Vasant, would you please post the link from where you bought?
Old 18th August 2010, 11:39   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
i'm having a tough time trying to get some solution to the empty spaces left around the edges with an aftermarket 2din unit
Some vehicle's dash opening is not standard DIN sized. All you need is a Metra trim ring for your car model matched to the DIN size of the HU you've chosen.
Old 18th August 2010, 12:48   #30
BHPian

There is site called www.alibaba.com.Go there and register yourself,which will take you to online shop aliexpress.Here you can buy lot of made in china stuff.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks